Health Issue / Is May MCAT late to apply on time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrayArea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you want to have the advantage of applying on time this cycle coming up, is the May MCAT pushing it? Scores would release June 20th.

I am scheduled to take the March exam and planning on sticking to it. But like to have all options on the table because life has the tendency to surprise one. Especially since I have been struggling with an acute health condition. Nothing crazy, but I have to acknowledge the fact that it has interfered with my studies. I have quit work and volunteering at the moment so I can completely just focus on the MCAT these next couple months before March 31st. I think I can accurately prepare for it given that all my time is now going to be allocated to my studies, but I still need to not ignore that because of my current health, some days I cannot study as much or at all. So that is why I want to have a plan b for this cycle, which would include the May exam.

The MCAT is LITERALLY the last thing I need for my apps. Got a draft of my statement, people for letters, sufficient volunteer hours, etc.

Members don't see this ad.