Help on deciding pharmacy schools. Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

max xam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior in high school and i am from Michigan. I'm thinking about going to GVSU for the prerequisites. I'm thinking about going to Wayne State University or Ferris State University for their PharmD program. Which one is easier to get into? Which one has the highest acceptance rate? I'm not a very smart student by the way. :p

Any advice and tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a junior in high school and i am from Michigan. I'm thinking about going to GVSU for the prerequisites. I'm thinking about going to Wayne State University or Ferris State University for their PharmD program. Which one is easier to get into? Which one has the highest acceptance rate? I'm not a very smart student by the way. :p

Any advice and tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You should be asking which program offers you more opportunities. You need to be more hard working than "smart" to get into a pharmacy school. I would suggest contacting pharmacy schools and find out more about their programs.

You should check out University of Michigan too. I think they got a great pharmD program there.

You should be asking which program offers you more opportunities. You need to be more hard working than "smart" to get into a pharmacy school. I would suggest contacting pharmacy schools and find out more about their programs.

You should check out University of Michigan too. I think they got a great pharmD program there.
I heard University of Michigan was a top 5 school? Correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't it be hard to get in?

It doesnt matter if they are top 5 or not. If you have the determination and the record to prove it, they will gladly take you in. My GPA werent high compared to other applicants, but I was able to land an interview there. Also, from my email exchanges with Dean Perry, I was able to tell that they are not just looking for people with stats.