His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kcough's question was "As of Day 3, have there been any villager to wolf conversions?" and the answer was yes. I need to double check, but I think Jilary was not resurrected at that time. I could be a wolf if that's the way it works, but I'm not - I was just told I was resurrected, welcome back!
Interesting. N3 was the night I blocked Kam and there was a no-kill, so a conversion happened before then. I hadn't been killed yet at that time. Given that, I'm going to...

Lynch Kam

Members don't see this ad.

I strongly believe in lynching these people. They are either wolf or not in it as a team player.

Either you are a villager who wants to help the villagers win, in which case, you provide information at a point that it is necessary. Or you are a wolf, in which case, you intentionally withhold information like above.

Stories.

Hayley is doing this too even though we have had numerous people as her directly for a defense. :bored:

I trust Kam for the same reason that I trust Hayley. Again, not because of anything the mods told me but I trust those two. Kam role revealed to me and I revealed to her.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hayley is doing this too even though we have had numerous people as her directly for a defense. :bored:

This is why I swapped my vote. I have feels that Hayley isn't bad, but I think we just need to put pressure on someone so we get more information to work off of. I'd personally prefer to do it to Finnick, but I'm willing to vote whatever way makes it happen. As of now, we're just talking around in circling, voting randomly and hoping something sticks or someone volunteers info (which they're not).

Reactions: 1 user
The reason I am not sharing the info I have is that it is a benefit to the villager cause for that information to remain private. I have said this many times. The advantages imparted by the mechanics in question disappear once the wolves become aware of them.

I did not provide an explanation to either Doc or Aloha. I provided an explanation to STB.

And to clarify in as general terms as possible:

I have information pertaining to my role and it's relation to events that have occurred in the game. When Dy posted her claimed character, I looked at the wiki and saw something there that sort of fit in with a mechanic I have info about (no reason to beat around the bush at this point, it is pretty clear I'm talking about the injury mechanic). And that's what I said on thread...that looking at the role claim, I had reason to believe it. I did not push the issue, did not pretend to have anything beyond a feeling, and was happy to switch to Dy when it became clear we had solid info.

Hayley, I do think it might be prudent to role reveal if the Lynch starts looking insurmountable.

This is why I swapped my vote. I have feels that Hayley isn't bad, but I think we just need to put pressure on someone so we get more information to work off of. I'd personally prefer to do it to Finnick, but I'm willing to vote whatever way makes it happen. As of now, we're just talking around in circling, voting randomly and hoping something sticks or someone volunteers info (which they're not).

If information is what you're after you only needed to ask. I don't know much.

My role is Lord Asriel.

Actually it was sent as Astriel but google told me I was stupid and corrected me so I assume Asriel is the appropriate spelling. Someone who read the books can confirm?

I really dont have much more to share. So if it's information your after, squeezing my head will get you nowhere.

My role is Lord Asriel.
Actually it was sent as Astriel but google told me I was stupid and corrected me so I assume Asriel is the appropriate spelling. Someone who read the books can confirm?
Whoops :oops:

Hayley, I do think it might be prudent to role reveal if the Lynch starts looking insurmountable.

I agree. But I don't think it's there yet, so I'm holding on for now.

I'm gonna ask this again because no one responded last time. What is the evidence for one wolf in each group theory?

I can confirm what Trilt said. N1 kcoughli asked if there were any groups that started the game with 0 wolves (answer was no), her next two nights she got no answer, and then she asked about conversion. So conversion question should have been n4, not n3 like I think someone said in thread. I'd have to go check PMs, though.

Also, I am 100% certain caiter started the game as a villager.

Well, either Kam or Hayley will tell us if the other can be trusted. LoTF was determined to out the wolf in her group, I'm down to help with that fact. That's why I'm going with Hayley over Kam.

@Trilt since you seem to know the books well, what can you tell us about Finn's role reveal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, so this is just my theory.

I feel like when it's this late in the game and people are suspicious of someone and their defense is "don't lynch me because I have info that will help the villagers but don't want to share publicly will make me a wolf target," is super suspicious. If you're willing to say you have info (even if you're not saying what it is), that's already making you a wolf target. They're not going to want you to stick around if you have info that could screw them over, so at that point you should just spill it. If not, either you don't have info but are trying to save yourself, or you're not a villager so know you're safe from the wolves.

I don't know, that's just kind of how I feel about those defenses.

(And I realize I'm saying this as people are suspicious of me for having not posted a lot, but oh well.)

what can you tell us about Finn's role reveal?

From looking online it says he is a "major protagonist" but he did create some uprising. But based off FS being a "sorta bad" person, I don't think this person is bad enough to be a wolf. Could be a cover.... but I don't think such a major role in the books would be given as a cover role, Dy's cover was a smaller role who wasn't very important (so it seems based off wikipedia) so a main character just doesn't make sense to me. Would love to hear from others who know more though.

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of being misrepresented here. I am not withholding information because I think it will make me a target. I'm withholding information as a service to the villager cause, because once that information becomes public, it loses its power. I could obviously take the heat off my back and curb the insinuations about my play style if I gave you the info. But if I did, I'd be purposefully torpedo-ing the villagers just to get everyone to quit telling me I'm not a team player.

I can take it, so say what you will, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut until I have better reason than "you're annoying me by not explaining".

Yes please. This will be news to me.
I said I was gonna research the book... haven't done it yet. Whoops.

Good effing lord. Can we lynch Finnick and aloha for both being idiots. Asriel is literally THE hero of the story. The story follows his followers and progeny, but he is literally the biggest hero in the book.

There are not facepalms enough for this for this level of idiocy to not look up the role and for the next person to not be struck by how obviously good he is when he is reading the wiki

Good effing lord. Can we lynch Finnick and aloha for both being idiots. Asriel is literally THE hero of the story. The story follows his followers and progeny, but he is literally the biggest hero in the book.

There are not facepalms enough for this for this level of idiocy to not look up the role and for the next person to not be struck by how obviously good he is when he is reading the wiki

My goodness, first thing I said was "main protagonist"...? And if you read the basic blurb on wiki, it really doesn't show him to be THAT good. It shows him causing uprising and rebellion.

• Lord Asriel, ostensibly Lyra's uncle, is later revealed to be her father. He opens a rift between the worlds in his pursuit of Dust. His dream of establishing a Republic of Heaven to rival The Authority's Kingdom leads him to use his considerable power and force of will to raise a grand army from across the multiverse to rise up in rebellion against the forces of the Church.
When I went to his page and read more, yes, he is obviously good.

Lynch kam

The handwaving annoys me. Feel free to disagree with me people. But it's just gone on a bit too long and a bit too vaguely.

Okay, I'm getting a little tired of being misrepresented here. I am not withholding information because I think it will make me a target. I'm withholding information as a service to the villager cause, because once that information becomes public, it loses its power. I could obviously take the heat off my back and curb the insinuations about my play style if I gave you the info. But if I did, I'd be purposefully torpedo-ing the villagers just to get everyone to quit telling me I'm not a team player.

I can take it, so say what you will, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut until I have better reason than "you're annoying me by not explaining".

The thing is, we aren't asking you to spill this specific information that you are holding in. I honestly do not care about it. Seriously. I don't need to know it. Don't really care.

We are asking you provide a defense of yourself, not spill everything you know about the game. I don't think that is unreasonable considering the information we do have narrows down wolf possibilities to include only certain people and both you and hayley are on that list.

Stories.

Reactions: 2 users
My goodness, first thing I said was "main protagonist"...? And if you read the basic blurb on wiki, it really doesn't show him to be THAT good. It shows him causing uprising and rebellion.

• Lord Asriel, ostensibly Lyra's uncle, is later revealed to be her father. He opens a rift between the worlds in his pursuit of Dust. His dream of establishing a Republic of Heaven to rival The Authority's Kingdom leads him to use his considerable power and force of will to raise a grand army from across the multiverse to rise up in rebellion against the forces of the Church.
When I went to his page and read more, yes, he is obviously good.

The entire overarching theme of this story series is the rebellion against the church. The rebellion he started. It is like saying you're not sure if Leia Organa is good or bad because "first thing I said was "main protagonist"...? And if you read the basic blurb on wiki, it really doesn't show her to be THAT good. It shows him causing uprising and rebellion."

He is effectively the Leia of this story. Something immediately obvious to someone who never read the books and literally just glanced at the wiki pages (me).

The entire overarching theme of this story series is the rebellion against the church. The rebellion he started. It is like saying you're not sure if Leia Organa is good or bad because "first thing I said was "main protagonist"...? And if you read the basic blurb on wiki, it really doesn't show her to be THAT good. It shows him causing uprising and rebellion."

He is effectively the Leia of this story. Something immediately obvious to someone who never read the books and literally just glanced at the wiki pages (me).

Btw. I'm only angry at your level of aloof and careless analysis. Not actually asking for your lynch. Sloppy play (and that post was horribly sloppy) annoys me.

Lynch kam

The handwaving annoys me. Feel free to disagree with me people. But it's just gone on a bit too long and a bit too vaguely.

x2

(Apparently failed to insert the quote, but my above post was to Kam's "I have info but won't say cause..." but that was in response to that mainly)

****lynch kam****

I don't see how the info being public loses its power to the villagers...

I don't see how the info being public loses its power to the villagers...

I can see how certain, very specific information or role abilities will lose its power if revealed.

However, I am not asking for this information, because, again, I do not care.

I am asking for a defense that is more than "Oh, well I have information about blah, blah, blah that I can't reveal" Ok, cool story, but I wasn't asking if you had information. I was asking for a defense of yourself.

^Look, I used story already.... ;)

I can see how certain, very specific information or role abilities will lose its power if revealed.

However, I am not asking for this information, because, again, I do not care.

I am asking for a defense that is more than "Oh, well I have information about blah, blah, blah that I can't reveal" Ok, cool story, but I wasn't asking if you had information. I was asking for a defense of yourself.

^Look, I used story already.... ;)

True.....

Still, think it's suspicious the defense thus far is "I have info but won't share because it'll make me a target," so keeping my vote for now.

True.....

Still, think it's suspicious the defense thus far is "I have info but won't share because it'll make me a target," so keeping my vote for now.

I don't think she believes it will make her a target. Or that is at least what she is saying. She believes revealing the info won't help villagers and will then lose its effectiveness. Which is fine and I do understand.

I just don't understand why there can't be a defense given.

I don't think she believes it will make her a target. Or that is at least what she is saying. She believes revealing the info won't help villagers and will then lose its effectiveness. Which is fine and I do understand.

I just don't understand why there can't be a defense given.

Whoops, I guess I added in the "makes me a target" as my own interpretation of why they wouldn't share info. I agree more of a defense would be nice.

Also, you forgot to ask for stories :p

Not much of a Star Trek fan I see....

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling-thumb.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Eh. I was interested in lynching heyimhaley a long time ago, and unless I missed I missed it, all I saw was a whole lot of "don't lynch me, I'm a villager" posts of no substance.

****lynch haley****

Also, you forgot to ask for stories :p

I'll give you a story:

Once upon a time, there was a person playing WW and she had to keep referencing "stories" in her posts. Occasionally her brain, full of information for the board exam she is taking tomorrow :eek: , would forget to add in this "story" part to her posts. Then a noob WW player poked "fun" at her not remembering to add "stories"... the noob WW player was never to be seen or heard from again..... :shifty::p

The thing is, we aren't asking you to spill this specific information that you are holding in. I honestly do not care about it. Seriously. I don't need to know it. Don't really care.

We are asking you provide a defense of yourself, not spill everything you know about the game. I don't think that is unreasonable considering the information we do have narrows down wolf possibilities to include only certain people and both you and hayley are on that list.

Stories.
Right, but people have repeatedly said that I'm being obstinate, am not being a team player, am trying to keep myself from becoming a target, etc. You're the first person to acknowledge what I keep saying, which is that the info has a use while private and loses that use once revealed. I'm just sick of people repeatedly stating that it's suspicious I'm keeping useful information from the villagers to protect myself. It's showing a really frustrating lack of reading comprehension and it's driving me crazy.

I haven't provided a defense of myself because it hasn't been necessary yet. If a big bandwagon develops, I will role reveal.

OK so Lord Asriel is an interesting role. I actually would not go out and say he's obviously a good guy, because the book is much more subtle than that. But I would say he leans toward being good. He is the protagonist's father, but he also kills her best friend and causes a huge rift between worlds that, in short, effs everything up. He sacrifices himself at the end to kill Metatron, a powerful angel who I'm pretty sure would be one of our wolves. It would really help if we knew the "orientation" of Ms. Coulter in this game - I see him as a slightly wold-view, less evil version of her, and if her redemption at the end of the books got her a villager spot I'd believe that his did, too.

Unofficial Lynch Tally

LoTF (1) Hayley
Kam (3) DVMD, DocE, Caiter
Hayley (6) LoTF, DocE, finnick, Aloha, trilt, LIS
SOV () -
STL () -
Finnick (1) Kam,
Caiter () -

11/20 votes

OK so Lord Asriel is an interesting role. I actually would not go out and say he's obviously a good guy, because the book is much more subtle than that. But I would say he leans toward being good. He is the protagonist's father, but he also kills her best friend and causes a huge rift between worlds that, in short, effs everything up. He sacrifices himself at the end to kill Metatron, a powerful angel who I'm pretty sure would be one of our wolves. It would really help if we knew the "orientation" of Ms. Coulter in this game - I see him as a slightly wold-view, less evil version of her, and if her redemption at the end of the books got her a villager spot I'd believe that his did, too.

I have other reasons to think (not completely believe) but to at least think that Lord Asriel is a villager this game. I could very well be wrong, but I believe him to be a villager currently with what I know.

Stories.

I figure this has to happen eventually, so I'll go ahead:

I'm Will Parry.

Wait, Kam is voting for hayley? Despite defending her? Or is that vote not correct above??? Because that would be very strange.

Stories.

UNOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF (1) Hayley
Kam (4) DVMD, Jilary, DocE, Cait
Hayley (6) LoTF, finicky, aloha, tilt, cam, LIS
SOV () -
STL () -
Finnick ()
Caiter () -

11/20 votes

@alohacat319 - I thought you ninja'd me, but DocE can't vote twice and your skipped me! :D

You forgot Kam for Finnick. ;) so we both failed. haha!

And we just proved why they are VERY unofficial.

I'll give you a story:

Once upon a time, there was a person playing WW and she had to keep referencing "stories" in her posts. Occasionally her brain, full of information for the board exam she is taking tomorrow :eek: , would forget to add in this "story" part to her posts. Then a noob WW player poked "fun" at her not remembering to add "stories"... the noob WW player was never to be seen or heard from again..... :shifty::p

I am 100% sure I would have to quote everyone one of my post to add "stories" if I had this posting restriction :p

Good luck on boards!

I just want to put it out there again that kam was blocked the night we had a no-kill. I can't help but think that means something. It's the only solid info we have.

You forgot Kam for Finnick. ;) so we both failed. haha!
No, Kam switched to Haley, but autocorrect changed Kam to cam