How long does the “practice” portion of the studying takes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nafiscy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time should I leave for AAMC full lengths, Qpacks, Question banks, and U world practice? How long does it normally takes to practice these materials thoroughly? I want to put a deadline for myself to finish content review in.

Thanks, I appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Q packs took less than a week. Section banks another week. TBR science passages took six weeks. TPR P/S passages two weeks. Random EK materials one week towards the end. I only did a few UWorld questions before ejecting and using my time more wisely. It's not that they were bad by any means, but I had already gotten a thorough review from other sources.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would say to try and leave at least 6 weeks for all the practice, but that would change depending on how much time you have. Normally, you'd want to have as much time as possible to do practice because you can always find more practice problems to do.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I did ~2 months content review + ~2 months practice (1 month of all of UWorld and third party FLs, last month AAMC material) and was averaging 522 on AAMC FLs. Real score pending.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did ~2 months content review + ~2 months practice (1 month of all of UWorld and third party FLs, last month AAMC material) and was averaging 522 on AAMC FLs. Real score pending.

Was planning a similar schedule (Febuary UWorld and FLs, March AAMC). How many hours did you study per day? Was planning on doing ~8hrs a day and wondering if I'd finish faster than a month.

On the recommendation of a few friends, I left about 6 weeks for focusing primarily on full length practice exams, and section bank work. Two weeks before that, I began Q packs, and the Kaplan quizzes that came with my flashcards (mainly on off days).

If you haven't already, take a practice exam at some point in your content review (I think I took two; one in the middle-ish and one near the end) not really to do well, but to help guide your studying.