How many II invites do you have so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, at this point the best thing for everyone to do is get the hell off this site, especially off threads like this, and enjoy life. I can literally feel my blood pressure drop whenever I exit out of SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Honestly, at this point the best thing for everyone to do is get the hell off this site, especially off threads like this, and enjoy life. I can literally feel my blood pressure drop whenever I exit out of SDN.
I'm always on SDN... am I going to die??

Reactions: 3 users
Reapplicant this round. Average stats LM 68-69...3 interviews this round so far after only 1 last year!! A little extra work goes a long away so keep working my friends :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you apply?! My GPA is a little higher, and just got my MCAT back. You can PM me if it's easier.
Ill pm you soon. I applied broadly. I applied last year with my same stats and only got 2 II

1 MD II
9 DO 11- 1 Acceptance LECOM
6- Rejections!!!
MCAT 516
GPA 3.4
Need some love from state schools!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just came here to say that "II"= "Interview Invite" so obviously "II Invites" = "Interview Invite Invites." That's arguably worse than "ATM Machine." :poke::poke:

Just came here to say that "II"= "Interview Invite" so obviously "II Invites" = "Interview Invite Invites." That's arguably worse than "ATM Machine." :poke::poke:
Or: MRN Number

Reactions: 1 users
Ill pm you soon. I applied broadly. I applied last year with my same stats and only got 2 II
You are AWESOME. What did you do so differently this cycle?? I know it's still October but only 1 II and already considering reapplying... (PM me??)

I can finally add to this thread! :D

1 II, 3 holds, 2 rejections, still waiting on some form of communication for 15 others...

Reactions: 4 users
I had one II in july which resulted in a waitlist

Just received another II for january at one of my top choices!

7 Rejections, and silence from about 13 more

hopefully most of the rejections are out of the way and now only the schools that are seriously considering me are left!

1 MD II, 0 rejections so far

cGPA 3.9 sGPA 4.0 MCAT 505

2 IIs, 3 rejections, silence from 18 but 4-5 are reaches. October has been pretty quiet for me, hoping more of them turn into IIs.:corny:

4 II... Received my first acceptance yesterday and a wait list.. Two more interviews coming up in the next two weeks... Also haven't received any news in the last month and a half from the other 19 schools.

507 mcat and 3.6/3.5

Reactions: 3 users
4 II... Received my first acceptance yesterday and a wait list.. Two more interviews coming up in the next two weeks... Also haven't received any news in the last month and a half from the other 19 schools.

507 mcat and 3.6/3.5
I'm glad your CARS score wasn't holding you back :)

Also have an update - Now have 4 II! No decisions yet tho :whistle:

Update: Make that 5 II :)

Last edited:
I'm glad your CARS score wasn't holding you back :)

I'm so happy I don't have to take that test again.. Throwing away my mcat prep materials was almost a better feeling than getting the acceptance

3 II 2 Waitlists 1 Rejection

Deeply regret applying so broadly because I'm gonna be a reapplicant at most schools.
It is very possible that you will be accepted off the waitlist! Dont give up hope! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been afforded, it just sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
Cycle is young. You may get to that number just yet!

3 II 2 Waitlists 1 Rejection

Deeply regret applying so broadly because I'm gonna be a reapplicant at most schools.

Well just think about how if you didn't apply broadly you would have deeply regret it as well. 3II is great! 2WL means the game isn't over!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been afforded, it just sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....

You have legs. You can step out of their shadow.

It's natural to compare yourself with others, especially family members, but just have some faith in the system. If you've applied broadly and wisely, you'll get into a medical school and then everything resets from there. Within the scope of residency, many on SDN have said that name matters little relative to scores, research and letters some of which are influenced by the school, but are still largely the product of a student's hard work.

I'm slowly feeling dejected as well, but until June comes around, I'll keep my hopes up.

26 II?!?!?! WTF
I have zero m8

sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
That's more interviews than schools I applied to. I'm sure you already know this but a number that high is only attainable under a combination of a great many extraordinary circumstances. Having three interviews in October is a very big deal, and it's entirely possible that you will get even more!

Only thing I can think of was less competitive stats-wise. Maybe less research expected as well. Even then, it probably wasn't different enough that someone with 26 II then couldn't get a bootyload of IIs now.

Only thing I can think of was less competitive stats-wise. Maybe less research expected as well. Even then, it probably wasn't different enough that someone with 26 II then couldn't get a bootyload of IIs now.
Agreed, maybe 1 point less on the MCAT and .1 less in gpa. But it was pretty similar.

From talking to my siblings and their SOs (all applied 7+ years ago), you could get carried by stats a lot easier once you got to that 3.8/35 range. To get the same amount today, I'd wager its more like 4.0/38. They were also under the impression that 5+ II was the norm. My other sibling, as an example, took the MCAT 3 times and got like a 32 the third try and got 7 II and didn't really have any significant ECs.
Every generation always says they have it thougher then the last. If you look at the median MCAT for matriculants it hasnt changed more than 1.4 ish points over the past ten years.

Every generation always says they have it thougher then the last. If you look at the median MCAT for matriculants it hasnt changed more than 1.4 ish points over the past ten years.
The median being constant doesn't really matter tho as much as the increase in applicants right?

The median being constant doesn't really matter tho as much as the increase in applicants right?
That is an interesting thought. The problem with taking that on face value is that there are more seats available now then there were 10 seats ago. So the applicant to mattriculant to applicant ratio may be similar, I have looked at that number yet.
It could just be that the populations were performing better on the mcat as a whole much like iq tests.or more competition.

upload_2016-10-27_9-50-43.png

The MCAT of applicants and matriculants has generally followed the same trend of steady increase since 2007 with exception being 2016. This would show improved performance on the test as a whole - maybe due to increased access to prep materials and courses.

2016's decrease in the MCAT of applicants could be due to less than average applicants applying with the old version of the MCAT before the scores become useless

upload_2016-10-27_9-51-28.png

There is a steady decline in the Matriculant/Applicant ratio since 2007 which is fairly linear from 2012 to 2016 (R2 = .9698). Seats are not keeping pace with the number of applicants. Although slight, there is a negative correlation (-0.67) between Matriculant MCAT and Matriculant ratio - which is to be expected as Adcoms will become more selective with each seat.

Using the linear trend from 2012 to 2016, one could forecast that this year's Matriculant/Applicant ratio will be 0.36

View attachment 210253

The MCAT of applicants and matriculants has generally followed the same trend of steady increase since 2007 with exception being 2016. This would show improved performance on the test as a whole - maybe due to increased access to prep materials and courses.

2016's decrease in the MCAT of applicants could be due to less than average applicants applying with the old version of the MCAT before the scores become useless

View attachment 210254

There is a steady decline in the Matriculant/Applicant ratio since 2007 which is fairly linear from 2012 to 2016 (R2 = .9698). Seats are not keeping pace with the number of applicants. Although slight, there is a negative correlation (-0.67) between Matriculant MCAT and Matriculant ratio - which is to be expected as Adcoms will become more selective with each seat.

Using the linear trend from 2012 to 2016, one could forecast that this year's Matriculant/Applicant ratio will be 0.36
Where did you get this data from? Confirms and denies some of my suspicions!

I am curious how much of an effect that will really have.

Statistically it will decrease the overall matriculant/applicant ratio, but it wont shift the mean matriculant MCAT much at all because the old scores wouldn't be expected to be too competitive. So those who were already competitive shouldn't lose sleep.