How would you rank the New York City med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh I've only been to nslij, I thought their medical school was right there
Nah, I think most of the first two years are spend in Hempstead. The curriculum looked pretty good and it'd be great to be connected to NSLIJ like that, but I had no desire to be out in Long Island. I used to work out there (right next to Hofstra campus) and commute from Queens, the public transit is brutal. I hope the school runs a shuttle, but I have no idea if they do.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh em gee, you guys TOTALLY don't know what state I'm a resident of :whistle:

My personal ranking:
1. Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
2. Weill Cornell Medical College
3. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
4. New York University School of Medicine
5. Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University
6. Hofstra University North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
7. New York Medical College
8. Stony Brook University School of Medicine
9. SUNY Downstate College of Medicine

I'm mainly interested in #s 5-9. How do those schools rank amongst one another? I've heard pros/cons about so many of them, I'd like to hear your opinions too.

NYU is apparently the best medical school in NYC, due to heavy screening from adcoms that wanted to climb that US news rankings.

NYU is apparently the best medical school in NYC, due to heavy screening from adcoms that wanted to climb that US news rankings.
Ya this thread was made awhile back. I'm a bit stunned seeing NYU at #3, but congrats to them for steadily climbing up the ranks! I recall in 2012 they were in the 20s, then in recent years in the teens, but this jump to #3 is beast!