Howard University C/O 2017: Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can't wait to meet you too. Anyone else interviewing on an alternate date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members don't see this ad.

Goodluck to all who are still interviewing!!!

I'm completely new to this entire forum thing.

Interview on 3/23 and I am absolutely nervous already!
And does anyone know of any close-by hotels? I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hilton or the mariott in Northwest DC or Silver Spring, MD.

Anyone pay there deposit yet?
Also what tracks do they have to offer in the Program?

Btw how is everyone, im 24.

Anyone pay there deposit yet?
Also what tracks do they have to offer in the Program?

Btw how is everyone, im 24.

I paid mine already. I'm Sam. 27

btw what do you mean by tracks to offer in the program?

Is there Any forum or site for discussing apartments?

Hi everyone. I just interviewed yesterday at Howard. I thought the whole morning went well, although we started late. After yesterday, I really want to go to Howard! I forgot to ask how long after the interview we will hear from them. I do know there is one more interview session in a week or two. I am crossing my fingers!!!

Hi everyone. I just interviewed yesterday at Howard. I thought the whole morning went well, although we started late. After yesterday, I really want to go to Howard! I forgot to ask how long after the interview we will hear from them. I do know there is one more interview session in a week or two. I am crossing my fingers!!!

Less than 2 weeks. I interviewed on 2/16/13 and got the acceptance email on 2/25/13. Good luck

Can't wait til all of the interviews are over so we hear more.
I was accepted, but this wait is still nerve racking.

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

I interviewed on Saturday as well! They definitely sold themselves to me. Can't wait to hear back from them! Hopefully it's good news lol

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been waitlisted? And if so, did they mention a time frame as to how long you should wait to hear back from them?

How much is the math test taken into account in the decision?

I remember one of the Admissions rep saying that there is acceptance and acceptance with the condition that you do that module in the summer. Anyone in that position?

I'm just a curious candidate waiting ANXIOUSLY from Howard. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
utc towers is a 6/10. Let me explain.

1. its a good last resort if you need a place to stay quickly - they say they only take students from (UMD, catholic, Howard etc) BULL****. they need money so they let anyone with a CC id card stay there which leads to undesirables loitering the areas robbing folks left and right, looking for "that good ****" .. ok thats a bit much lol

2. the staff is incompetent beyond belief, I cannot tell you how many times i lost packages because they were misplaced or even better got returned because my full name wasnt on it.

3. the security is a joke, refer to #1. the old lady guard (bless her heart) dont stop anybody at the door, and when she does stop someone, it happens to be me. FOOL I LIVE HERE.

4. have a complaint about your noisy, nosy ass youngstas blasting music 4am, or your weird ass roommate who has a toliet paper eating disorder. Goodluck

Other than that it is great, mall is right across the street and so is the metro. they have (or used to) have a shuttle that takes Howard Students to Howard and back.

Best bet is to stay at Post Park, its right across the street on East-West highway.

And im out

utc towers is a 6/10. Let me explain.

1. its a good last resort if you need a place to stay quickly - they say they only take students from (UMD, catholic, Howard etc) BULL****. they need money so they let anyone with a CC id card stay there which leads to undesirables loitering the areas robbing folks left and right, looking for "that good ****" .. ok thats a bit much lol

2. the staff is incompetent beyond belief, I cannot tell you how many times i lost packages because they were misplaced or even better got returned because my full name wasnt on it.

3. the security is a joke, refer to #1. the old lady guard (bless her heart) dont stop anybody at the door, and when she does stop someone, it happens to be me. FOOL I LIVE HERE.

4. have a complaint about your noisy, nosy ass youngstas blasting music 4am, or your weird ass roommate who has a toliet paper eating disorder. Goodluck

Other than that it is great, mall is right across the street and so is the metro. they have (or used to) have a shuttle that takes Howard Students to Howard and back.

Best bet is to stay at Post Park, its right across the street on East-West highway.

And im out

Thanks for the review. Very helpful

Accepted also got my email last night.

Last edited:
Accepted!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dont know if im going yet or not but if i do ill be looking for a roommate!!! Im a guy 21 yrs old!

Hey guys,

So, I'll be attending Howard as a P1 this fall and I have a few questions for Howard Pharm students!

1) How did you fill the gap between financial aid and cost of attendance? (looks like a good sum in PLUS loans is in my future)

2) How are textbook costs? Can you buy a lot of them through Amazon or other places or do they make you buy them through the school store? How much does this usually run you per semester (estimation)?

3) Good places to start looking for housing? I've narrowed down some suburbs (as far out as Frederick, MD; Woodbrige, VA; or even Severn, MD or even as close as College Park, MD) looking to relocate new family and commute in.

4) How feasible is taking the rail system into school? Ie) MARC

Any info on any of these questions would help a girl out A LOT!

Thanks.

And I hope that whole thing about not having to buy the laptop is true. I already have one that works fine and $1400 is crazy.

Hey guys,

So, I'll be attending Howard as a P1 this fall and I have a few questions for Howard Pharm students!

1) How did you fill the gap between financial aid and cost of attendance? (looks like a good sum in PLUS loans is in my future)

2) How are textbook costs? Can you buy a lot of them through Amazon or other places or do they make you buy them through the school store? How much does this usually run you per semester (estimation)?

3) Good places to start looking for housing? I've narrowed down some suburbs (as far out as Frederick, MD; Woodbrige, VA; or even Severn, MD or even as close as College Park, MD) looking to relocate new family and commute in.

Thanks.

Although College Park (UMD) has some new and very nice apartments, I would advise against it. You will have to deal with undergraduate students 24/7 and you know what that means. Everyone is different, however, so that may or may not be a factor for you.

Hey guys,

Thanks.

Congrat to everyone who got accepted! I am a P1 at Howard COP and maybe I can chim in on some questions.

1. It's all loans. I had and will continue to pull plus loans to cover the rest.

2. Give you guys a hint, don't buy textbook just yet. All professors use power point lectures and as for the exams, let's just say majority of us don't use books and we did just fine. For P1, the only books that were useful for me were human anatomy/physiology and maybe biochem.

3. I don't live on campus but I'm gonna warn you all that traffic is nuts here. If I was to choose where to live, I would choose a place as close to the campus as possible (walking distance). Trust me, from August and on, pharmacy is your life. Traffic is the last thing you want to waste your precious time on.

4. Metro is not exactly next to the campus. It's maybe a 15 minutes walk if you walk fast. I took metro during my orientation and I quickly learned that it is not feasible for me. I drive now (2 hours commute from west end of Northern Virginia in traffic or 40 minutes without traffic)

5. I believe labtop fee is mandatory. For our year, we had two choices: a Mac or a Leveno. But I heard that for class of 2017, they are working on to allow you to pick your own. Either way, your money is gone labtop or not.

Once again, congrat to all of you Howard COP class of 2017!

Congrat to everyone who got accepted! I am a P1 at Howard COP and maybe I can chim in on some questions.

1. It's all loans. I had and will continue to pull plus loans to cover the rest.

2. Give you guys a hint, don't buy textbook just yet. All professors use power point lectures and as for the exams, let's just say majority of us don't use books and we did just fine. For P1, the only books that were useful for me were human anatomy/physiology and maybe biochem.

3. I don't live on campus but I'm gonna warn you all that traffic is nuts here. If I was to choose where to live, I would choose a place as close to the campus as possible (walking distance). Trust me, from August and on, pharmacy is your life. Traffic is the last thing you want to waste your precious time on.

4. Metro is not exactly next to the campus. It's maybe a 15 minutes walk if you walk fast. I took metro during my orientation and I quickly learned that it is not feasible for me. I drive now (2 hours commute from west end of Northern Virginia in traffic or 40 minutes without traffic)

5. I believe labtop fee is mandatory. For our year, we had two choices: a Mac or a Leveno. But I heard that for class of 2017, they are working on to allow you to pick your own. Either way, your money is gone labtop or not.

Once again, congrat to all of you Howard COP class of 2017!

Thank you so much! Very helpful! =)

Hi Everyone:

I have my interview School of Pharmacy next week. Does anyone have any tips on what the questions were? Also, how accommodating are they? :)

Hi Everyone:

I have my interview School of Pharmacy next week. Does anyone have any tips on what the questions were? Also, how accommodating are they? :)

For the interview questions click on articles and interviews above. All the questions are there. For the math test, review roman numerals,probability,basic algebra,arithmetic,basic word problems....

So when do we start registering for classes?

I'm hoping soon. I'm ready to kick this thing off.
I'm thinking we'll hear something next month about the summer course, at the least.

Hi,
I interviewed on Feb. 16 and congrats to those who have been accepted. I was placed on the Waitlist. This is so nerve racking and stressful. Is anybody on the Waitlist? If yes, have you heard back from the College of Pharmacy?

Hi everyone,

I'm a current Howard graduating senior who has been accepted into the pharmacy school for this upcoming fall. If you have any questions, I can help.

A facebook Group has been created " Howard Univ. Pharmacy 2017". Its made up of the entry class as well as current students and administrators. You can interact and ask questions and expect great responses. This guys are willing to help address your problems,and make you feel at ease. So come join the party :smuggrin::smuggrin:

So hows the financial aid coming along for everyone?
Anyone heard of scholarships/grants or the like?

And is it separate paperwork to apply for the GradPlus loan or does the school automatically apply it.

Oh and who is planning on taking the summer preview program?

Matriculation letter received by email.

And so it begins...

Was accepted months ago but hadn't received this matriculation email with a 25-pg pdf of what needs to be done til now.

Last edited:
Good Day, has any soul heard anything from APIRL 13TH Interview??????

Big Up Brethren,
Congrats to ALL who have made it to the acceptance list so far, and good luck to those waiting anxiously to join the wagon.
Interviewed 13th April and got my acceptance email today. So sweet, yet the headache begins as I have to make a decision about where to go before I cough up $1K. I love Howard; I was really impressed about how the Dean showcased Howard during the interview visit.
All those still waiting keep your heads high and don't give up yet, the game is far from over: the 4th quarter just begun