Howard University C/O 2017: Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard from the April 13th interview??

Members don't see this ad.

Did you receive interviews at any other schools? What questions did they ask you? I thought I did everything right and then I received a letter last night.

Last edited:
I did and it wasn't good. I got the letter last night. Has anyone else heard anything from Saturday the 12th?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted last week (well the conditional admission - so I have to the COE-PBP. After much thinking over the weekend, I plan on accepting the offer. I'm submitting my paperwork and fees tomorrow!!

Anyone know what the Preview Program is going to be like?

Also, anyone have any advice on how to start the financial aid process? I started FAFSA, but is there anything else I should be doing?

How is everyone covering tuition and living expenses, books, etc? All loans? I feel like I'll be on loans the whole time...

Thanks, and I'm getting excited!

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list yet? Just wondering how the process works and how long it usually takes..

I got accepted off the waitlist, and declined my spot, so hopefully you'll hear back soon!

Oh really? how long did it take for you to get accepted off the wait list after your interview?

Like a month or so, I few like they send out acceptances in batches, so I'm sure there are other people who declined along with myself.

Has anyone been accepted off the wait list yet? Just wondering how the process works and how long it usually takes..

I interviewed on March 23rd, waitlisted on April 9th, accepted on April 24th..Submitted my paperwork early last week to accept the offer. Good luck, and I hope you hear from HU soon!

Thanks guys for the helpful information!! And congrats to all those accepted!
And for those still waiting, hang in there and don't lose hope!

For those accepted off the wait list, did you receive your acceptance via email or through snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

anyone know when the summer review program begins?

Has anyone been accepted (off the wait list) recently??

Hello everybody! I'm completely new to the student doctor forum. So I interviewed on April 13th and one week later got a conditional acceptance (meaning I have to complete the summer program on site with 75% on all subjects). Anyway I'm from California and was wondering where everyone is planning to stay for the summer? I'm female and am looking for a roommate. Howard does not offer student housing for the summer so I'm planning to live off campus for the month then maybe move to one of the graduate dorms? Please message me thanks!

See u all in about a month. Enjoy this time "off."

Last edited:
I would like to ask all current HUCOP students some questions:
1. Is the HUCOP academic year consisted of fall and spring semesters only?
2. Is there a summer semester? I noticed on the curriculum file that there are a series of "Pharmacy Practice Experience" courses offered in the SUMMER!? These classes are 0 credit. Please explain what that means.
3. Is the HUCOP a 4 year program, with no possibility of taking upper level classes (if pre-requisites do not interefere) to graduate early? i.e adding more classes to the expected semester load?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
1. Yes
2. That's rotation in the summer
3. Yes, no possibility to grad early

Thanks so much! Can rotations possibly be completed outside of D.C. and rather in a student's hhometown upon the approval of an out-of-state rotation site?

Depends where. You would have to discuss this with the coordinator and her name is dr McCants.

Thank you for the contact info! I have an upcoming interview. What is included on the math test? Will I need to briefly look over dosage calculations, conversion,calculus math? Any trigonometry or geometry? ...I just want to be prepared for it.

The math test consists of some proportion, probability, roman numeral, and simple calculus. It's been a while so I might of missed a few things. It is timed so work thru them as quickly as possible. But to be honest, I was told the math test don't count much toward the interview so don't over stress it. What gets you in is your actual interview, pcat, and gpa (they care alot about trend). Degree and pharmacy experience is a plus but not required. Dress professionally and good luck!

Wow. Thanks so much! This is my last question, does everyone have an equal chance of being accepted if they are invited for the interview? In a hypothetical example...if both a 4.0 GPA student and a 2.5 GPA student are both invited for an interview, do their individual statistics prior to their interview alter their chance of acceptance, or does their acceptance probability now rely on the interview alone?

I see where you are getting at and truthfully, no one knows for sure other than the dean and the committee. The interview is closed book which means the interviewer has no idea about your stat. However, the committee that actually select the candid knows your stat and I'm pretty sure a 4.0 student has a better chance than a 2.5 if everything else is equal. But the problem is, nothing is ever equal. I believe the selection is based on a point system from each category. All the points are then added up to get a total for final selection.

Ok i see! Im assuming that the actual interview is worth the most points. Thank you for all of your help!

Oh and btw, getting interview this early is a very good sign ;)

Thank you very much for your kindness! If you have any extra advice, hints, or info for me to consider for my interview, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:
I have an interview for November 16th. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Anyone interviewing on March 22nd?