HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This night begins, like most of them have, with Barney. This time, Barney was at his apartment, and him and Wendy, after having sex, started getting into a fight.

"Wendy, I don't understand how you are not okay with me sticking it to other girls. I mean it's okay if you don't want to see other penises, but I really need to see other boobs. It's not a want, it's something I have to do."

"Barney, you are an absolute pig. This is over! Oh, and I would watch your back if I were you." As she starts storming off to the door. She tries opening the door, but it won't open.

"You really think intimidating me was a good idea? You think trying to have me tied up all night, and not on my bed posts... What up? Self five." He smacks his two hands together, giving himself a high five. "would really be a good idea for your life? Now, you and I both know that you were the only one who could have this sort of effect on me. and with you out of the way..." Barney pulls out his sword. "I will be completely unstoppable."

"Barney.... You don't want to do this. Think about the great sex we had last night. Think about the bar. Think about..."

"I just had sex with you to distract you last night. I couldn't have you interfering in my plans. And the sex may have been great for you, but for me.... Aaaaaa BUuuuuurrn. Oh and the bar will still survive without you." With that, Barney took the sword and ran it through her midsection, leaving her completely dead.

Dead is NilocDent, Wendy the Waitress, who could have sex with one male each night to block them OR could block Barney by intimidating him once she had discovered who Barney is. With NilocDent now dead, it is very unlikely that he will be able to be blocked for the rest of this game.

The night didn't end here. A very rich and influential man decided to send debt collectors to visit his old friend Mickey. You see, Mickey owed him a fair bit from a gambling debt, and the debt collectors were instructed to use as much force as necessary to get the money back. They MAY have gotten a tad overzealous as Mickey was found dead to the world in the morning.

Dead is Hedgiehog, Mickey Aldrin, who could have created board games for 3 people to play every other night (which would have become a permanent item in the game had a single board game ever been made), could track all players within his group once during the game, and could have harnessed the power of bees to either block his entire group half of the time or block a particular person of his choice the other half of the time.

It is currently Day 6. Lynch deadline is tentatively set for 8 pm est OR 17 votes against one person.
There are 25 players remaining in the game. Pming within Barney's apartment will end after this upcoming night cycle. Ted's house on long island may now pm!
Maclarens:
1. Mad Jack
3. brightimpressio
4. WillowLeaf
The Original Apartment:
8. honeytokki
9. Gwenevre
10. swingnsave
Robin's Apartment:
12. ResoluteMike
14. Zensing
15. swiniazycie
Barney's apartment:
16. Jilary
17. orca2011
18. Cyndia
19. allieh8607
6. Ashgirl
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
21. DocEspana
23. HowIMetYourPet
Ted's House on Long Island:
26. Caia
27. Hammer2s
28. Foxhunter
30. devyn
2. Wildzoo
The Lusty Leopard
31. DVMDream
32. LetItSnow
33. dyachei
34. StartingOverVet
Dead:
5. fancymylotus - Daphne
13. Tuckervet - Clint
22. ZVH - Patrice
24. Snow White96 - Don Frank
9. Chillbo Baggins - Carl Maclaren
20. ksmi117 – Victoria
7. Rogert – Lily Aldrin
11. NilocDent – Wendy
25. hedgiehog – Mickey Aldrin

This Just in! Everyone turn on your TV's as Sandy is about to read the news!

"Well, the first headline reads: 'Town Confused and Upset over Barney's Latest Show of Awesome'"

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well it's nice not being silenced anymore!
I know that feel. I was silenced for a full cycle by someone that demoralized me, who I'm guessing is a wolf.

I kind of want to kill Zensing because her character can mess with write-ups, and that just doesn't end well. I was also silenced after all that nonsense with DVMD, so I'd also be tempted to consider her a suspect in my silencing (also because she likes when I'm quiet).

I was also silenced after all that nonsense with DVMD, so I'd also be tempted to consider her a suspect in my silencing (also because she likes when I'm quiet).

Nope, didn't silence you. Don't have the ability to silence.

Even if I did, wouldn't use it on you, wouldn't even make sense to use it on you.

Sloppy Joe's are quite delicious and I hear they can keep people from being intimidated. Perhaps something in the meat gives you strength!

I kind of want to kill Zensing because her character can mess with write-ups, and that just doesn't end well.
She doesn't actually mess with the writeups I don't think, just posts additional news bits or whatever

Nope, didn't silence you. Don't have the ability to silence.

Even if I did, wouldn't use it on you, wouldn't even make sense to use it on you.
But I'm incredibly annoying, and you're easily annoyed. Fiiiine. You win this round, DVMD...
HMPH.jpg

I really think HIMYP is a wolf. Just throwing that out there for tomorrow. There's reasons.

Busy day tomorrow, so I'm going to go ahead and just ****lynch howimetyourpet**** since looking at hedgies abilities, I'm betting she tracked her group and saw something. Although I'm surprised she didn't push harder for their lynch if she had something concrete, but regardless, I trust her reasons since she died a villager.

Reactions: 1 user
But I'm incredibly annoying, and you're easily annoyed. Fiiiine. You win this round, DVMD...
HMPH.jpg

Meh, I'm only vaguely paying attention this game so nobody is annoying me right now.

Though I do find it funny people think I am easily annoyed, I'm actually super laid back and hard to annoy... :laugh:

I'm a bit suspicious of SOV and HIMYP as of right now. I could go for a lynch of either of them or FH.

Meh, I'm only vaguely paying attention this game so nobody is annoying me right now.

Though I do find it funny people think I am easily annoyed, I'm actually super laid back and hard to annoy... :laugh:

I'm a bit suspicious of SOV and HIMYP as of right now. I could go for a lynch of either of them or FH.
I'm trying to protect your grumpy reputation. I wouldn't want the noobs knowing you're a softie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to note that for whatever reason, people's preview avatars are showing up as their old avatars. DVMD=still Toothless, Foxhunter=still some old white guy, etc.

From the writeup: "With nilocdent now dead, it is very unlikely that he (Barney) will be able to be blocked for the rest of the game"....

Anyone suspect that that is ashgirl messing with the writeup/results?

I just want to note that for whatever reason, people's preview avatars are showing up as their old avatars. DVMD=still Toothless, Foxhunter=still some old white guy, etc.

Toothless is my current avatar. Pirate zombie ship is old. They're working in finding the issue.

The write up makes it sound like nilocdent/wendy blocked Barney the night before last, unless I'm misreading it. Which makes me think ash is not the one responsible for the night result altering (since DocE's results were altered night before last). So I still think finding Barney's ally might help us stop the night-result-altering ability so that we can trust results/info more. But for now, since I don't know who that ally is...
I have reason to believe HIMYP is a villager. I do get the feeling that we can't really trust anything this game, but I feel fairly good about this one.
A good enough reason to not listen to hedgie's info?
I really think HIMYP is a wolf. Just throwing that out there for tomorrow. There's reasons.
The info I got last night was that DocE was the one who got in the fight with Barney. He says that he's been targeting her since the beginning so he's being truthful about that.
These two posts make me think hedgie tracked her group night before last, saw DocE fight Barney, and saw HIMYP do something fairly wolfy. @HowIMetYourPet If you're not a wolf, can you explain why hedgie would say she really thinks you're a wolf?

oh-really_636563.jpg

Before jumping on a bandwagon, did anyone actually discuss with Hedgie what she found out?
She said she had "reasons", but it would nice to vote with some actual idea of why..

The legen.... wait for it, and I hope you are not lactose intolerant as the second part of this word is DAIRY, lynch count
HIMYP - 5 (cyndia, WZ, MJ, Foxy, RM)

Foxy - 3 (DocE, dyachei, hammer2s)

Votes: 8/25
Waffles: 0

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm not entirely sure how to convince you I'm not a wolf without giving away who I am.... I think I might know why hedgie thought I was a wolf... I do have an ability to affect certain players, and I so I tried it one night on Barney, trying to help the villagers who wanted to lynch him....unfortunately, it backfired. I was told it "had the opposite affect" .... (and sorry for the lack of responses I've been working 12 hour days and have only had a chance to check in everyonce in a while)....

The other "reason" she may have, is that I have another ability, and two nights I didn't make the deadline to send in night action, and something was done automatically.....

I hope this helps my case?

With NilocDent now dead, it is very unlikely that he will be able to be blocked for the rest of this game.

Assuming this means Niloc was the only one who could block Barney, this kinda contradicts DocE's I've been taking away some of Ashgirl's powers every night story.

Okay, so I'm not entirely sure how to convince you I'm not a wolf without giving away who I am.... I think I might know why hedgie thought I was a wolf... I do have an ability to affect certain players, and I so I tried it one night on Barney, trying to help the villagers who wanted to lynch him....unfortunately, it backfired. I was told it "had the opposite affect" .... (and sorry for the lack of responses I've been working 12 hour days and have only had a chance to check in everyonce in a while)....

The other "reason" she may have, is that I have another ability, and two nights I didn't make the deadline to send in night action, and something was done automatically.....

To me, it doesn't because it's way too vague and it gives me no idea as to what kind of "bad" thing Hedgie must have seen to really think you're a wolf. I would hope that if she saw something damning like you killing someone, she would have said so specifically and this was more circumstantial. But given that someone else is vouching for you I think that's sufficient.

Those are just my thoughts anyway.

I'm leaning towards FH or RM at the moment, I think.

@WildZoo @WillowLeaf to answer your question from yesterday, it was most likely a misinterpretation of information.
Ok. If you do know of someone who is the villager charmer, can convert from villager to something else, and is someone we "should be wary of", I hope you'd tell us. But maybe your info was kind of vague, so I'll leave it for now.

Maybe this is picky, but that bolded part - the wording is odd, makes it sound like you're not included in the "villagers who wanted to lynch him".

That is kind of a vague response. And since you know exactly which night hedgie said she tracked you, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which of your two reasons is possibly the explanation, so giving two maybe reasons seemed a little unnecessarily vague.

Jilary's defense of you is more convincing than your defense, though.

Ok. If you do know of someone who is the villager charmer, can convert from villager to something else, and is someone we "should be wary of", I hope you'd tell us. But maybe your info was kind of vague, so I'll leave it for now.

Maybe this is picky, but that bolded part - the wording is odd, makes it sound like you're not included in the "villagers who wanted to lynch him".

That is kind of a vague response. And since you know exactly which night hedgie said she tracked you, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out which of your two reasons is possibly the explanation, so giving two maybe reasons seemed a little unnecessarily vague.

Jilary's defense of you is more convincing than your defense, though.
Based on the info I was given I thought that it was DocE, but he said that isn't his role, so it's just looking like my source misinterpreted some information.

So I've been thinking this over and I'm curious. Does anybody have any ideas as to what traitorous wolves are?

So I've been thinking this over and I'm curious. Does anybody have any ideas as to what traitorous wolves are?

Other than what is probably a faction, I have no idea. Maybe there's multiple wolf groups? Or maybe there's a group within a wolf group? :shrug:

I think a lot could be answered with an actual wolf lynch.

Other than what is probably a faction, I have no idea. Maybe there's multiple wolf groups? Or maybe there's a group within a wolf group? :shrug:

I think a lot could be answered with an actual wolf lynch.
I have information on someone who is definitely a traitorous wolf from a source that I trust. It's possible that night results got tampered with, but I feel like it might be better than anything else right now.

For all I know traitorous wolves betray other wolves, but I'm not sure if there's a way to figure that out without lynching. I'll hold off on naming names until I get some more input (@StartingoverVet ) ;).

Reactions: 1 users
I have information on someone who is definitely a traitorous wolf from a source that I trust. It's possible that night results got tampered with, but I feel like it might be better than anything else right now.

For all I know traitorous wolves betray other wolves, but I'm not sure if there's a way to figure that out without lynching. I'll hold off on naming names until I get some more input (@StartingoverVet ) ;).

Sweet! I would like to know. Others can add in thoughts, but I think it would be the way to go.

Okay so since my being vague in order to protect myself from wolf attacks isn't cutting it for you guys, and I'd rather take my chances with the wolves than of being lynched, which is where I'm afraid today is heading, I'm honestly unsure what hedgie heard to think I was a wolf, other than the slap bet. The second comment I made is the only other action I've made at all in the game, which is why I mentioned it. I can protect people at night and I automatically protected a certsin someone....I know their username but not their charavter (which makes me think they're not a wolf either)

Also, super noob question, but do wolves know who the other wolves are?

Also, super noob question, but do wolves know who the other wolves are?
Depends on the game. Sometimes there are a few packs that don't know eachother. Generally speaking wolves know who other wolves are (with the exception of lone wolves).