HoWW I Met Your Mother: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Didn't we decide that ashgirl can win with the villagers?
Yes, but even so her win condition is for the game to go to a certain day, and she has abilities that could hinder the village.She can win with any faction, and that means that she'll do whatever is going to prolong the game, no matter which side it helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't we decide that ashgirl can win with the villagers?

We also decided that her and her ally can change our results. Which is one of those "too dangerous to live" moments. Also she doesnt have an impetus to choose to win with us. She only hasan impetus to win, period.

unlynch himyp, lynch ashgirl

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch DocE

tumblr_md7dowxqq51ri9yduo1_250.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Super official "looks like it's going to be a quick day" lynch tally:
Gwen (0)
HIMYP (0)
Ashgirl - (15) DocE, NilocDent, FH, SOV, LIS, Allieh, WZ, hedgie, caia, zen, Dyachei, Gwe, DVMD, orca, swin
DocE - (1) Hammer2s

Last edited:
This just in, it's time to watch Sandy read the news!

Sandy starts reading the front page paper... from a few days ago.... "Sandy Rivers lives to see another day by town's mercy"

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe I'm about to do this, but lynch ashgirl.

Trusting Doc just ... it isn't in my playbook. Not so much that he's doublecrossed me too much or anything like that; just that he's NEVER 100% honest (villager OR wolf), and plays super fast 'n loose.

But then, I'm kinda like that, too
You have it all wrong LIS.
The women you seduce are fast n loose, you do not need to be.
Must I teach you everything? :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Gwen (0)
HIMYP (0)
Ashgirl - (14) DocE, NilocDent, FH, SOV, LIS, Allieh, WZ, hedgie, caia, zen, Dyachei, Gwe, DVMD, Ashgirl
DocE - (1) Hammer2s
Um. Did Ash vote for herself?

And why is my name so short? Gwen isn't that difficult to spell :p

Has anyone else noticed that little triangle in the corner of your avatar that shows if people are "on-line now"?
How long has that been there?

Has anyone else noticed that little triangle in the corner of your avatar that shows if people are "on-line now"?
I think you're senile. I don't have a triangle.

A couple days. Only shows to other people if you have the show online status box checked in your profile. And doesn't show up on some styles, can't remember which ones.

Sorry all, I'm still trying to figure out the game so I'm trying to quietly observe...I can be more active if you want me too!!!(please forgive any noob mistakes!!)

Although, from the beginning of this mornings write up, the comment about what is good being bad and what is bad being good with Barney......should there maybe be a touch more discussion before just lynching ashgirl?

Yes. Its been there since saturday or sunday.

I think you're senile. I don't have a triangle.
Thats what you think

It depends on the style that you're using to view the forum.
Yup. Certain styles dont have it. Also there is a privacy option to disable your online visibility. Of course the mods can see you regardless of their/your style preference and your visiblity preferences. And I just have the power of DocE to know immediately if youre online (note: I dont)

Well write up is done assuming Ashgirl does in fact get two more votes, so it may be a good idea to start getting night actions in. I am going to take a shower, and by the time I am back, will probably have enough to close.

This just in, it's time to watch Sandy read the news!

Sandy starts reading the front page paper... from a few days ago.... "Sandy Rivers lives to see another day by town's mercy"

There's the promised headline, guys. I really don't have any more constructive news to share. Last night, I struck out on dating DocE and I was blocked from dating the night before.

Gwen (0)
HIMYP (0)
Ashgirl - (17) DocE, NilocDent, FH, SOV, LIS, Allieh, WZ, hedgie, caia, zen, Dyachei, Gwe, DVMD, orca, swin, Ashgirl (x2)
DocE - (1) Hammer2s

lynch closed, results pending...

Gwen (0)
HIMYP (0)
Ashgirl - (17) DocE, NilocDent, FH, SOV, LIS, Allieh, WZ, hedgie, caia, zen, Dyachei, Gwe, DVMD, orca, swin, Ashgirl (x2)
DocE - (1) Hammer2s

DocE... Ashgirl has two votes?

Gwen (0)
HIMYP (0)
DocE - (1) Hammer2s

has lost the power to vote for 2
o_O

Reactions: 2 users
When did ashgirl vote?

Has she even posted this day cycle?

This time, a couple of people decided to go out on their own to take out Barney once and for all. Leave the masses at home that are swayed so easily. Leading the few people was Doug, the person who got into a fight with him last night.

Doug approaches Barney at his own apartment, the few others following closely behind. Barney opens the door to find him standing there. “I was expecting you. Come in, only you.” He reveals a sword at his side. “No one else otherwise you will all find yourselves dead PRETTY quickly.”

Doug walks in and Barney closes the door behind him, locking it. “So, you have got me, I must be vulnerable tonight. Or am I?” Barney gives a chuckle and walks into the kitchen. “I am guessing you want a scotch on the rocks? Well not guessing really. As we know about you. Everything about you. Your likes, you wants, who you TRULY are.” He continues laughing.

“Do you know how easy it is to plant silly ideas in your mind? Did you really think that you can kill that, which is awesome. Oh, but you found out that I MUST be vulnerable today. Because you know, I have NO ability to mess with what you are thinking, and what you are finding out.” He starts laughing to himself again. “You know, you are the only one ballsiest enough to go for me day after day. And I respect you for it. Not just for your pigheaded disdain of me, but because you have actually been helping me. Each day, your attacks on me have made me a little bit stronger. That combined with the screaming by others has really had a profound effect on me. I now know that I can kill, and it’s all thanks to you! So cheers!” He raises his own scotch to the one that he placed next to Doug.

“Oh yeah, back to the vulnerability. I planted that idea in your head. Oh and you have been ‘chipping away at my powers?’ Yeah, not quite. ‘But Barney, each night I keep wearing you down.’ Only because that’s what I want you to see. It has been a valiant effort on your part thus far. But you are no closer to killing me now as you were at the very beginning of this game.” Barney pauses, probably for some oxygen, since he has literally been talking this whole time.

“Oh and I almost forgot, I really needed to thank you for something else. I needed to be lynched at least three times in order to gain the ability to even win. And you…. Well you have beautifully taken care of that requirement for me, all on your own. There must be a way that I can thank you...” He immediately rushes up to Doug who was mid sip with his scotch, the sword in his hand at his throat. “I am giving you your life as thanks. Go forth and stop bothering me or anyone close to me again. If you do it, I will either use my sword or an anagram of that to end you.”

“I really don’t care who wins, go at it, fight the good fight. Besides, I have much bigger fish to fry then you.”

“Oh and send my regards to your friends outside.” And with that, Doug left, slamming the door behind him.

No one has died.

There are 27 players remaining in the game. The Lusty Leopard’s ability to pm shall end after this night cycle. Barney’s apartment is still active to pm.

Maclarens:
1. Mad Jack
3. brightimpressio
4. WillowLeaf
The Original Apartment:
8. honeytokki
9. Gwenevre
10. swingnsave
Robin's Apartment:
11. NilocDent
12. ResoluteMike
14. Zensing
15. swiniazycie
Barney's apartment:
16. Jilary
17. orca2011
18. Cyndia
19. allieh8607
2. Wildzoo
6. Ashgirl
Lily and Marshal's House on Long Island:
21. DocEspana
23. HowIMetYourPet
25. hedgiehog
Ted's House on Long Island:
26. Caia
27. Hammer2s
28. Foxhunter
30. devyn
The Lusty Leopard
31. DVMDream
32. LetItSnow
33. dyachei
34. StartingOverVet
Dead:
5. fancymylotus - Daphne
13. Tuckervet - Clint
22. ZVH - Patrice
24. Snow White96 - Don Frank
29. Chillbo Baggins - Carl Maclaren
20. ksmi117 – Victoria
7. Rogert – Lily Aldrin

DocE... Ashgirl has two votes?

my powers have been cumulative so far. If ashgirl has two votes then its because I misunderstoof that I stripped away the useful powers (probably barney specific) and left the mayoral powers (which is the two votes/tie breaker end). Ill recheck my own pm, but i figured I got all the powers gone. Might be a misread by me or an oversight by the mod.