Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love that idea!

I ran into another student the other day and I said we should have had weekly support group meetings to get through this stress! So we decided to have a Match Day Support Group gathering, hopefully there's lots of good news and not too much disappointment :)

Members don't see this ad.

I ran into another student the other day and I said we should have had weekly support group meetings to get through this stress! So we decided to have a Match Day Support Group gathering, hopefully there's lots of good news and not too much disappointment :)

Our class has something similar, mainly involving beer buckets...
4 MORE DAYS

I have been waiting for this week forever, but now that the week is actually here I'm wishing for the opposite. Anxious much? :scared:

I feel the same way. I've been getting sick to my stomach thinking that my fate for the next year at least is going to come in an email this Friday. I'm debating if I should make my friend read my email and deliver the news.

Members don't see this ad :)
4 more days!

We will find out noon EST on Friday

:eek:

I feel the same way. I've been getting sick to my stomach thinking that my fate for the next year at least is going to come in an email this Friday. I'm debating if I should make my friend read my email and deliver the news.

Lol we should start a Match Day countdown thread.

seriously, is it friday yet? This is going to be the longest, most anxiety-provoking week ever

You can handle it! Plus I wouldn't want to deliver bad news to a friend, maybe have them over for moral support when you open it?

You can handle it! Plus I wouldn't want to deliver bad news to a friend, maybe have them over for moral support when you open it?

You're right. It's too cruel. Sigh... I'll open it with then by my side. Hope they have some tissues ready. I'm gonna cry either way. :p

No I wish I could do the same thing! Then guess if I did match, north or south etc.
I used to do it with grades I was anxious about!!!

You're right. It's too cruel. Sigh... I'll open it with then by my side. Hope they have some tissues ready. I'm gonna cry either way. :p

It's looking like I'll have the morning off from rotation and then be assisting my prof/preceptor with a student group HTN clinic at a local Y in the afternoon. So at least I won't be at rotation when I find out :) here's to hoping to happy tears!

It's looking like I'll have the morning off from rotation and then be assisting my prof/preceptor with a student group HTN clinic at a local Y in the afternoon. So at least I won't be at rotation when I find out :) here's to hoping to happy tears!

That's great! Now you can check your email in peace. :D

I'll be on vacation with friends when results come out, so I hope I get good news. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great! Now you can check your email in peace. :D

I'll be on vacation with friends when results come out, so I hope I get good news. :scared:

Aww good luck Goldfish! Have a good time and try not to think about it too much, if you are going to a beach grab an inner tube and a piña colada!

I'll be in the middle of a presentation and then a meeting throughout most of tomorrow morning. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll forget about the match altogether.

Good luck to everyone!

--Garfield3d

I'll be in the middle of a presentation and then a meeting throughout most of tomorrow morning. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll forget about the match altogether.

Good luck to everyone!

--Garfield3d

There's always excusing yourself to use the restroom. aka check your phone :)

Good luck to everyone!

--Garfield3d

Is it for a pgy-2. Which speciality is it? Good luck.

There's always excusing yourself to use the restroom. aka check your phone :)

Ha, well that would still defeat the advantage of forgetting about the match. One way or another, my day will be porked after I find out about the result.

Is it for a pgy-2. Which speciality is it? Good luck.

Yes, I applied to PGY-2 programs in Cardiology.

--Garfield3d

Has anyone gotten interview invites? I've had a few friends who already received an onsite interview request and telephone interview request....

Has anyone gotten interview invites? I've had a few friends who already received an onsite interview request and telephone interview request....

Haven't heard anything personally. Do you know where your friends heard back from? I have a feeling most won't start hearing back until next week based on application deadlines.

It's still a little early. I wouldn't get worried if you haven't heard anything.

I know last year I started hearing about interviews in like the 3rd week of January. Pretty much around 2 weeks after the deadline had passed. I know at my current program we haven't done anything yet but plan to have interviews 2x/week for the month of February.

That's about when I started to hear as well I think. I just remember getting invites during my rotation and obsessively checking emails. :p

I believe I received my first interview invite last year on January 17 (and I ended up getting quite a few). I was getting anxious because some of my classmates started receiving invites about this time last year, but my first one didn't come for another two weeks. One of my friends had five interviews lined up before I even had one! It really depends on the programs to which you apply - when their deadlines are, do they offer interviews before their deadlines, and so on.

Reactions: 1 user
They applied to VA's, not sure which ones specifically called etc

Can I just be honest?? My deadline is this week and everything is complete EXCEPT my LOI! I don't know why but I keep changing it over and over. I graduated in 2013 and have been working as a retail pharmacist. I'm worried to over express my rotations and not enough of my professional working experiences as a pharmacist, but in all honesty, my work environment is too crazy and hectic that I really don't learn much worth discussing in my LOI, except that I really learned to be extremely patient with rude people and excessively apologize to the customer for things out of my control or mistakes I did not make. LOL! I am only applying to one PGY-1 residency in the deep south. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would share yours with me privately or just give me any advice or recommendations.

NAIL-BITING WEEK-- Who ever makes it to interviews with all 10 intact WINS!

Can I just be honest?? My deadline is this week and everything is complete EXCEPT my LOI! I don't know why but I keep changing it over and over. I graduated in 2013 and have been working as a retail pharmacist. I'm worried to over express my rotations and not enough of my professional working experiences as a pharmacist, but in all honesty, my work environment is too crazy and hectic that I really don't learn much worth discussing in my LOI, except that I really learned to be extremely patient with rude people and excessively apologize to the customer for things out of my control or mistakes I did not make. LOL! I am only applying to one PGY-1 residency in the deep south. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would share yours with me privately or just give me any advice or recommendations.

Just turn it in. If you wait til the last minute you'll look like a total slacker :p

No kidding. I know I shouldn't be expecting a response this early necessarily, but the fact that I haven't heard anything (my stuff has been complete since the 19th) is making me nervous! I keep scouring over the institution websites looking for some indicator that some movement is occurring in the process. I can't wait to get back to rotations on Monday so I can stop thinking about this every other minute. :confused:

For your letter you could take the stance of how actually being in retail you realized you could contribute more to the profession as a clinical pharmacist (mention if you've made interventions, how it's shaped your communication skills, what you've gotten from the past year and how that makes you a stand out candidate)..if you've applied before you could mention that this year confirmed your belief that in order to develop professionally and clinically you know that a residency at X place will help you do that/help you accomplish your goals... Personally I probably would mention the rotations in as equal weight but using them to frame how they gave you a different type of fulfillment you don't get in retail... or something like that.. /end ramble.

Last edited:
No kidding. I know I shouldn't be expecting a response this early necessarily, but the fact that I haven't heard anything (my stuff has been complete since the 19th) is making me nervous! I keep scouring over the institution websites looking for some indicator that some movement is occurring in the process. I can't wait to get back to rotations on Monday so I can stop thinking about this every other minute. :confused:

For your letter you could take the stance of how actually being in retail you realized you could contribute more to the profession as a clinical pharmacist (mention if you've made interventions, how it's shaped your communication skills, what you've gotten from the past year and how that makes you a stand out candidate)..if you've applied before you could mention that this year confirmed your belief that in order to develop professionally and clinically you know that a residency at X place will help you do that/help you accomplish your goals... Personally I probably would mention the rotations in as equal weight but using them to frame how they gave you a different type of fulfillment you don't get in retail... or something like that.. /end ramble.

You're the best, Beanz! Thank you so much! Good luck to you!

Stop overanalyzing and turn it in! You don't want to be rushing at the last minute to get everything in :)

First PGY-2 invite received on 12/08... Waiting on the rest.

Reactions: 1 user
First PGY-2 invite received on 12/08... Waiting on the rest.

How many places did you apply to. I applied to 8 PGY-2 and I have one invite. Now, I'm constantly checking my emails waiting for the others. :p

What's everyone doing to keep their mind busy so y'all don't go nuts?

Obsessively checking my email. You?

Ugh. I applied to thirteen places and have only heard back from TWO! Is that normal??

Out of curiosity do you guys know if west coast/midwest programs generally respond before eastern ones? The ones I've heard from and my friends talk about are mostly located toward the west. Anyone heard from any east coast programs?

I've heard from MUSC but no other East Coast programs.

Obsessively checking my email. You?

Ugh. I applied to thirteen places and have only heard back from TWO! Is that normal??
It's still pretty early to hear according to past applicants on this site and from people I've known who applied last year, stay positive! I applied to 14 but 7 of the deadlines weren't until jan 10th or later so I'm thinking it could be awhile.

I don't usually think about it until my phone makes the email sound and I jump and usually it's just groupon or something haha

I get to interview candidates when we do interviews. This should be interesting. It's kind of weird being on the other side.

I applied to 3 PGY-2 programs, I got 1 rejection today, still waiting on the other 2. My chances are not so good right now.

I applied to 3 PGY-2 programs, I got 1 rejection today, still waiting on the other 2. My chances are not so good right now.

What's the PGY2 in?

I got 2 interviews so far. Waiting to hear back from another 6 programs.