Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is okay to email a program when you have not heard back? Is 3 weeks after the application deadline okay? I am wondering since I have not heard from programs with a deadline of 1/3/14. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

just got rejected from beth israel in new york ... 1 down 6 to go..

Feeling relieved I got my second invite today.

Also have not heard from 1/3 deadlines. Has anyone heard from the McGuire VA in Richmond or Salisbury VA in NC?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you should email programs if you have not heard from them. I applied to 13 programs last year and received 4 invites. The others all eventually sent me a rejection. If they want to interview you, they will contact you. Just my opinion.

Another invite today. That makes three and one with two to go. Yaayy.....

Good job, Marcus! I'm still waiting to hear from 3. Driving me nuts! lol

So far 9/10 with one phone interview!! Still waiting on a few more but I've heard from all the places I was extremely interested in. Now onto the preparation!

Has anyone heard from University of MD or Georgetown yet? Congrats on the interviews everyone :)

So far 9/10 with one phone interview!! Still waiting on a few more but I've heard from all the places I was extremely interested in. Now onto the preparation!

9/10 interviews? niceeee

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from east coast critical care PGY2 programs?

Has anyone heard back from Stanford, UCLA, Mass. Gen., or City of Hope?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here!

Would you have to travel far? I'm from south Florida, but I chose to go to school out of state so I'd have to travel a little. I have another interview in Miami so it would be cool to combine, but I'm not sure what my chances are looking like. Obviously I will gladly travel several times if chosen for an interview though.

Would you have to travel far? I'm from south Florida, but I chose to go to school out of state so I'd have to travel a little. I have another interview in Miami so it would be cool to combine, but I'm not sure what my chances are looking like. Obviously I will gladly travel several times if chosen for an interview though.
I would have to travel from Colorado, so yes far, but definitely worth it! I wish programs would all send invites on one day so travel could be more efficiently coordinated!!

I would have to travel from Colorado, so yes far, but definitely worth it! I wish programs would all send invites on one day so travel could be more efficiently coordinated!!

Yeah it definitely takes some planning and coordinating rotations. I planned to have my community rotation this time of year because I didn't want to miss clinical rotations...

What made you apply to Miami if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah it definitely takes some planning and coordinating rotations. I planned to have my community rotation this time of year because I didn't want to miss clinical rotations...

What made you apply to Miami if you don't mind me asking?

Same! Planned to have community during this time as well. I completed a rotation there and absolutely loved it.

Just saw the question about asking to reschedule an interview.

I know for us we have invited all candidates and our interview slots are filled. We simply would not be able to accommodate such a request. The only time we have ever rescheduled an interview was due to travel issues because of weather (we get a lot of snow here).

Anyone heard from Miami VA?

Glad I'm not alone; I believe the application deadline was Jan 20th so I wouldn't worry too much about that one right now.

Anyone heard from University of Tennessee Medical Center?

First rejection came from one of my preferred programs (which I thought was NOT a reach) :(

Rejected from tn valley VA and CMC today (reaches for me anyway)

But also had my first interview and felt good about it/prepared

I've heard back from Advocate Lutheran General and no where else. Was just about to ask the same question, which IL programs have people heard from?

I know students who have heard back from the following Chicago area programs:
UIC, U of Chicago, Northwestern, Northshore University, Advocate Illinois Masonic

I know students who have heard back from the following Chicago area programs:
UIC, U of Chicago, Northwestern, Northshore University, Advocate Illinois Masonic
Do you happen to know around when they heard back from UIC and Advocate Illinois? Interview invites I'm guessing?

Do you happen to know around when they heard back from UIC and Advocate Illinois? Interview invites I'm guessing?

These were all invites...I think our students heard from UIC and Masonic sometime last week. One of my students already has an interview at Northshore University this week.

Feeling relieved I got my second invite today.

Also have not heard from 1/3 deadlines. Has anyone heard from the McGuire VA in Richmond or Salisbury VA in NC?

McGuire VA sent out interview invites last Friday

Did anyone hear back from Southern California sites? :)

Last edited:
I keep hearing different things from different people - is Feb 1 pretty much the cut off date for when interviews go out? Do most programs send rejections or just never contact you? And does it seem to anyone else that it's primarily the larger programs that have gotten back to people (every one I'm waiting on for example is a smaller program)?

I keep hearing different things from different people - is Feb 1 pretty much the cut off date for when interviews go out? Do most programs send rejections or just never contact you? And does it seem to anyone else that it's primarily the larger programs that have gotten back to people (every one I'm waiting on for example is a smaller program)?
I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason with any of it, to be honest. And I really hope that Feb 1 will be the latest.

Wouldn't it be really nice if there was, for example, a reserved 5 day block that programs contacted all the applicants with interview date options or rejections? That would make travel planning so much more feasible.

Has anyone heard from UNM or VCU Pharmacy Practice yet?

I am waiting on those sites as well. I'm not holding out much hope at this point. You might have already seen this but for those who haven't, I found this helpful- from the VCU website under Introduction 2014-15:

"...In January 2014, a screening team will review each applicant's file and make a recommendation regarding an invitation to the applicant for an interview. If the file is missing any information, the screening team will review the file based on the information available at that date. All applicants should receive notice regarding their application by the last day of January. All interviews for the programs will be completed in the same period (mid-January through late February)..."

Has anyone heard from UNM or VCU Pharmacy Practice yet?
I got an invite to VCU about 2 weeks ago.. Still haven't heard from 3 places though. Anyone get invites to St. Barnabas in NJ, Univ. of Maryland, or Medstar Georgetown? I'm assuming it's a rejection at this point...

Musc sent invites a while back not sure about duke