Iowa State c/o 2018 applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just am trying to figure out why we would be made to wait this long if it's going to be a simple no......I just can't seem to give up hope! You never know what it is that they're looking for. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't give up completely. I know that the first year that I applied to Iowa State I was flat out rejected fairly early on in the process. Then they rescinded their rejection and offered me a skype interview in early February (but with only like three days notice). So sometimes crazy things do happen! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear something!

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't lose hope. I was to go to Iowa for my interview this weekend but I declined because I got accepted into my IS last Wednesday (I don't know if they sent an invite to someone last minute?). It didn't seem justifiable to go to Iowa when it wasn't one of the top schools on my list.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I messaged Kathy today, and this was her response:

Your application is still active. Although this weekend is the last scheduled interview weekend, the Admissions Committee reviews all interviewed applicants to determines if another round of interviews is needed. Unfortunately, it is just a waiting game until they make this decision.

I messaged Kathy today, and this was her response:

Your application is still active. Although this weekend is the last scheduled interview weekend, the Admissions Committee reviews all interviewed applicants to determines if another round of interviews is needed. Unfortunately, it is just a waiting game until they make this decision.

Interesting. Gives unfortunate souls a pinch more hope and a little more torture in the waiting period. And I thought waiting in line at the DMV and post office was bad! Lol! It's too bad that she couldn't give a timeline on it, but we should know what the future holds by middle of Feb. like we've been told before. Until then...tick tock...:shifty:

Soo hard to wait. I'd (almost) prefer a definitive rejection at this point -_-

Kind of concerned about the weather for interviews this weekend. I have been seeing conflicting things about a supposed Blizzard Watch starting at noon on Sunday :eyebrow::shrug:

Kind of concerned about the weather for interviews this weekend. I have been seeing conflicting things about a supposed Blizzard Watch starting at noon on Sunday :eyebrow::shrug:

Im here right now! I came from Ohio and we were able to miss the storm on the way in, thank goodness! Now worried about the storm when we go to leave tomorrow! Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I'm pretty excited to see the school! Does anyone have any opinions since interviewing? :) I'm more nervous about the fact that the interview is behavioral, instead of open file... :nailbiting:

Im here right now! I came from Ohio and we were able to miss the storm on the way in, thank goodness! Now worried about the storm when we go to leave tomorrow! Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I'm pretty excited to see the school! Does anyone have any opinions since interviewing? :) I'm more nervous about the fact that the interview is behavioral, instead of open file... :nailbiting:
Yeah, I interview tomorrow at 11a. Looks like Ames in on the very edge of the watch area. We just got back from roaming around campus and eating dinner. Now crashing at the hotel for the rest of the night... I have been up since 4a.

Good luck tomorrow!

Yeah, I interview tomorrow at 11a. Looks like Ames in on the very edge of the watch area. We just got back from roaming around campus and eating dinner. Now crashing at the hotel for the rest of the night... I have been up since 4a.

Good luck tomorrow!

We are crashed at hotel too! Did you go in the school or just around? We drove around campus and town as well, seemed nice from the outside! Goodluck on your interview as well :)

We walked around the Student Union for and then wandered over to the CALS campus (where the bell tower is). We ate at Hickory Park... it was yummy and I had plenty of left over food :)

We ate there too! It was sooo good! :D

I know I'm a bit belated, but how did everyone's interviews go these past two weekends?

And to Ziska and Galixia, are you guys still in CR?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I'm a bit belated, but how did everyone's interviews go these past two weekends?

And to Ziska and Galixia, are you guys still in CR?

Yes, unfortunately, I am still in CR. :confused: I would love to go to ISU. I like that I haven't been turn out yet, but I think it makes the waiting even harder. :oops: Time will tell.

I hope everyone had an amazing time this weekend at their interviews!!

Congrats to everyone who recently interviewed! I was wondering if they said this past weekend when decisions would be announced. When I interviewed back in December they were saying 2/14 but I'm hoping it gets pushed earlier. This waiting game is killing me

Congrats to everyone who recently interviewed! I was wondering if they said this past weekend when decisions would be announced. When I interviewed back in December they were saying 2/14 but I'm hoping it gets pushed earlier. This waiting game is killing me
They said 2/14 still

They definitely said 2/14 to officially find out about our statuses. However, in last year's thread (unless I completely misread), they said they would have it up by 2/15, and everyone got an email on 2/12 with status updates. So it is possible to have decisions posted slightly earlier!

Yes, unfortunately, I am still in CR. :confused: I would love to go to ISU. I like that I haven't been turn out yet, but I think it makes the waiting even harder. :oops: Time will tell.

I hope everyone had an amazing time this weekend at their interviews!!

That really really stinks to still be waiting. :( However, stranger things have happened, so there's still a little bit of hope left!

Hey everyone! Long time lurker here...I am one of the few who are STILL in Committee Review. It really sucks because I want Iowa so badly! Do you all think it'd be a good idea for me to call admissions and see what's going on/when I should expect to hear something?

Hey everyone! Long time lurker here...I am one of the few who are STILL in Committee Review. It really sucks because I want Iowa so badly! Do you all think it'd be a good idea for me to call admissions and see what's going on/when I should expect to hear something?

At this point, I would urge you to ask for information, but only because I am one of those few in the CR boat and my previous question to them (a few weeks ago) resulted in very little information!! :laugh: Haha! Ultimately, it is up to you, but as a word of caution, be sure to refer to them as Iowa State or ISU since the big state rival goes by Iowa solo!! Last, but not least, welcome ya little lurker!! Glad you've joined our awesome crowd!! :highfive:

This is ridiculous, the CR at this point. Ugh.

This is ridiculous, the CR at this point. Ugh.
I know it doesn't really add anything to the conversation... but I know how you feel. Kansas is doing the same thing to me... they are keeping my file active till feb 1st, when theyll let me and everyone else who is waiting to hear if they want to interveiw us or reject us. Sorry your in the same boat... :sorry::sour:

I know it doesn't really add anything to the conversation... but I know how you feel. Kansas is doing the same thing to me... they are keeping my file active till feb 1st, when theyll let me and everyone else who is waiting to hear if they want to interveiw us or reject us. Sorry your in the same boat... :sorry::sour:

Does ISU have some sort of date where they will tell everyone where they stand, also? I just am getting frustrated trying to talk to the admissions representative and hearing that my file is still "active" and they can't tell me anything else....

Does ISU have some sort of date where they will tell everyone where they stand, also? I just am getting frustrated trying to talk to the admissions representative and hearing that my file is still "active" and they can't tell me anything else....

ISU's status update is Feb. 14th or so the website claims! @DoctorToby, is KSU really going to give us a status update on the 1st?! I'm now very nervous, but also excited!! Good thing I'll be following a LA vet around all day! It will give me more time to stress about not being able to read my email, but hopefully provide a big distraction!!

ISU's status update is Feb. 14th or so the website claims! @DoctorToby, is KSU really going to give us a status update on the 1st?! I'm now very nervous, but also excited!! Good thing I'll be following a LA vet around all day! It will give me more time to stress about not being able to read my email, but hopefully provide a big distraction!!
They told us at the interview day that they would have decisions on Feb 14th. I hope for everyone that is true.

By status update, i think they mean mailing out answers that day..... so im not sure if we will find out ON feb first from ksu..... but who knows, maybe they will call/email some people?????

There will be an email that says our portal has updated on Feb. 14th. So, our portal should have the verdicts then. I for one am hoping that it is a good Valentine's Day gift since I am single. :p

Reactions: 4 users
So, uh, still in CR. I feel like it's gonna always be in CR...

So, uh, still in CR. I feel like it's gonna always be in CR...
I shall use my mind control powers to get you out of CR! But in all seriousness, that really sucks. I'm sorry that you're stuck in limbo.

I shall use my mind control powers to get you out of CR! But in all seriousness, that really sucks. I'm sorry that you're stuck in limbo.

Clover use your mind powers for me too!!!! Such a drag to be sitting on the island of misfit toys! Fingers crossed for more information in ten days and counting (what? no, of course I'm not paying attention to the dates like that! :joyful: How Rude!) <--I've resorted to finding humor in just about anything...I might have a little spring fever (no, really, I think I'm coming down with something). :sick:

One week from today! I'm so anxious to hear back.

I think last year admissions released decisions a bit earlier than Friday that week. Who knows what could happen?

Lol been waiting since December, what's a couple days haha.

Yaaaaay still in CR wooohoooo such excitement.

I haven't heard anything yet either. The wait feels like it's taking an eternity.

Just got on the OOS waiting list, but declined anyway. Interviewed 1/18
Hope someone else waiting gets my spot!

Last edited:
they just updated the portal. i got wait listed but am most likely going to decline anyway

Rejected... :unsure:...But I knew my interview was not that great.... Congrats to everyone who will get good news!! And hopefully those waitlisted get the opportunity to accept an offer!! :)

Wait listed OOS as well but will be declining, good luck to the rest of you!

hopefully they finally give your CR people some answer! good luck!

Wait listed OOS also. Probably will decline, but we'll see... Two wait lists in one day. Joy.

Waitlisted OOS as well, i wish they would give us our ranks sooner than April. ISU is my top choice but ive been accepted elsewhere so it only gives me a little over a week to get off of the waitlist before I have to put down the deposit at other schools.

I have been in committee review this entire time, like a couple other SDNers. and I just got an update--I was rejected. Why did they make me wait so long with this fake hope just to give me a rejection.... -_______-