Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just sent an email and they said the next alternate for OOS is still #69. It might be beneficial for someone to ask this afternoon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got pulled off the OOS! I was spot #83!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any information regarding having horses in Ames Iowa? I’ve got some that’ll be coming with me.

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping I’ll get called tomorrow or Friday. I love Iowa and their program so much 😭

• Love
Who wants to message them today? 🤣 Feeling so jittery

Is there a FB page created yet?

Doesn’t seem like there was much movement today— fingers crossed for a group of offers tomorrow! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has jumped since Wednesday....really hoping they aren't full already!
emoji24.png
Don’t give up! There’s still tons of time

Has jumped since Wednesday....really hoping they aren't full already!
I had until noon today to accept my seat! I would suspect that there will be another jump this afternoon!

I’m assuming there will be another jump this afternoon. Folks who were offered Monday had until Wednesday at 12, and so the next batch was contacted then and will have had to decide by 12 today. Could be Monday since we’re heading into the weekend, I’m sure it can be time consuming contacting people

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you who have paid your deposit, how did you get access to the Canvas page for class of 2027? I've made my netID and emailed it to Dr. Howard. Does it just take a minute?

For those of you who have paid your deposit, how did you get access to the Canvas page for class of 2027? I've made my netID and emailed it to Dr. Howard. Does it just take a minute?
I haven’t been able to make my netID as it says I need a student ID which is not on my status page. A page or two back someone mentioned their ID came after their deposit was received. Was that how it worked for you?

So I made my NetID but when I try to sign in it says it’s incorrect. Then when I try to make a new one, it says I have an existing one
I haven’t been able to make my netID as it says I need a student ID which is not on my status page. A page or two back someone mentioned their ID came after their deposit was received. Was that how it worked for you?
Once it said that my deposit was received and it was added to my status page, then my ID number showed up. So on my status page it says admit -acceptance and it says deposit received in my materials section and my ID number is on that same status page

Ditto what Swiftie said. They got my deposit today and then my ID showed up in the applicant portal on the status page

So I made my NetID but when I try to sign in it says it’s incorrect. Then when I try to make a new one, it says I have an existing one

Once it said that my deposit was received and it was added to my status page, then my ID number showed up. So on my status page it says admit -acceptance and it says deposit received in my materials section and my ID number is on that same status page

Huh that’s so weird! Have you contacted them?

I think they add everyone manually to the canvas page for class of 2027. So I would just give it time. I was accepted back in February so my timeline may be different than yours, but it may take a few days depending on how busy they are.

Ditto what Swiftie said. They got my deposit today and then my ID showed up in the applicant portal on the status page
Since others said it took a moment I was trying to be a little patient. My deposit is still in transit and set to arrive tomorrow. Don’t know if they’re working Saturday so I’ll give them till Monday and if I don’t have the ID contact them. Thanks for the responses.

I think they add everyone manually to the canvas page for class of 2027. So I would just give it time. I was accepted back in February so my timeline may be different than yours, but it may take a few days depending on how busy they are.
Ah gotcha, thank you!

The same thing happened to me. I emailed ITS and there was a small thing they had to fix and then I was all good!

My id showed up on my portal after they received my deposit then I was able to create the netID and then get into the canvas.

hi everyone,
Does anyone know if a Facebook page is up?

hi everyone,
Does anyone know if a Facebook page is up?
I did some more digging and asked some higher VMs who all said a class FB page was made for them, in addition to the Class Canvas page. Dr. Howard makes the page as well, so I guess we wait it out. But in the meantime I made a group me for us to connect!

You're invited to my new group 'Iowa State University CVM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

I asked what number they are at today in a very stressing message

Have you found anything on where to house them yet? Is there just one horse or are you like me and crazy enough to have more than one in vet school?
I am pretty crazy, haha. I have a Quarter Horse farm here in Virginia and I have my two younger show horses that I would really like to come with me (don't want them completely out of shape). I am currently looking at purchasing property if I can find something!

I am pretty crazy, haha. I have a Quarter Horse farm here in Virginia and I have my two younger show horses that I would really like to come with me (don't want them completely out of shape). I am currently looking at purchasing property if I can find something!
Yay for finding another horse crazy person! I've got three myself (although might see if there's any way to bring a fourth...). One half Arab, Appy mare, another part Arab mare (has Appy and national show horse in there too) and my 21 month old Appy colt from the first mare. If you find property that has room for more horses and want someone to split chores with I'd be interested.

• Love
Yay for finding another horse crazy person! I've got three myself (although might see if there's any way to bring a fourth...). One half Arab, Appy mare, another part Arab mare (has Appy and national show horse in there too) and my 21 month old Appy colt from the first mare. If you find property that has room for more horses and want someone to split chores with I'd be interested.
I would also be looking for somewhere to board my horse (considering I get pulled off the waitlist)! 6 year old Appendix

I really hope we get another big jump soon. I'm #115 and I'm starting to get nervous