Iowa State C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too. Would be cool if all us fellow horse mates get called!! (I have a trakehner)
Yes it would be so cool to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay for finding another horse crazy person! I've got three myself (although might see if there's any way to bring a fourth...). One half Arab, Appy mare, another part Arab mare (has Appy and national show horse in there too) and my 21 month old Appy colt from the first mare. If you find property that has room for more horses and want someone to split chores with I'd be interested.
Great, I will let you know! I am on the hunt today! I will let everyone know if I find a horse facility or if I purchase I place that can accommodate other horses.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else crazy stressed about the list stopping? LOL
Thought vet school was supposed to be stressful, not waiting to be pulled from the list...feeling ON EDGE

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty crazy, haha. I have a Quarter Horse farm here in Virginia and I have my two younger show horses that I would really like to come with me (don't want them completely out of shape). I am currently looking at purchasing property if I can find something!
Another horse girl here hoping to get in🤞🏼If I do I’d love to bring my horse to board and help out with chores or whatever. My horse is arthritic and crippled but kind of naughty so I am hesitant to leave him home in NY🙃

Reactions: 1 users
Another horse girl here hoping to get in🤞🏼If I do I’d love to bring my horse to board and help out with chores or whatever. My horse is arthritic and crippled but kind of naughty so I am hesitant to leave him home in NY🙃
I am also from new york! love all the horse girls making a group in here haha

Unfortunately not bringing a horse but would very much like to be in the horse gang. Haven’t consistently ridden in over a year and I’m going bananas!

Also trying to remain hopeful- I know of people that have been pulled off the list during orientation and they’ve gotten to triple digits like 5 years in a row so fingers crossed!

Unfortunately not bringing a horse but would very much like to be in the horse gang. Haven’t consistently ridden in over a year and I’m going bananas!
I will most likely be looking for someone who wants to do a partial lease!

Also trying to remain hopeful- I know of people that have been pulled off the list during orientation and they’ve gotten to triple digits like 5 years in a row so fingers crossed!
I know I keep trying to keep the stats in mind but this cycle has been so abnormal already

Members don't see this ad :)
I know I keep trying to keep the stats in mind but this cycle has been so abnormal already
I felt this. Based on previous stats I feel like there’s a good chance I could get called. But also have no idea. Trying to remain hopeful but not get too excited!
I also love that we have all these horse girls. Curious to know how many of you are looking to specialize in equine? That’s my goal for sure🙌🏼

I felt this. Based on previous stats I feel like there’s a good chance I could get called. But also have no idea. Trying to remain hopeful but not get too excited!
I also love that we have all these horse girls. Curious to know how many of you are looking to specialize in equine? That’s my goal for sure🙌🏼
I'd also want to work with goats and other large animals/farm animals so wouldn't be equine exclusive but definitely equine in there.

I know same here. I'm not currently planning on specializing in equine, but I'm keeping an open mind heading into school!

just got pulled, was OOS 95 - will be rejecting as i already committed to my Michigan State on decision day! I hope one of you gets the spot

So I mailed my admissions form and deposit last week (with tracking), it was scheduled to arrive on Saturday, it made it to and departed Des Moines Saturday but now just says moving through network and will arrive later than expected. 😫😫

So I mailed my admissions form and deposit last week (with tracking), it was scheduled to arrive on Saturday, it made it to and departed Des Moines Saturday but now just says moving through network and will arrive later than expected. 😫😫
maybe you could forward that to admissions?

maybe you could forward that to admissions?
If there’s no sudden update from usps (I’ve put in a missing mail submission at the recommendation of my local PO) I’ll contact them later this afternoon or in the morning. I took pictures of everything to cover myself in case something went wrong… 😩

I want to work with large animal (equine mostly), but also small ruminant too. My hometown is severely lacking veterinarians that work with large animals and small ruminants.

If there’s no sudden update from usps (I’ve put in a missing mail submission at the recommendation of my local PO) I’ll contact them later this afternoon or in the morning. I took pictures of everything to cover myself in case something went wrong… 😩
Oh no! The admissions office just received mine today (mailed out last Saturday) and updated my portal. I did tracking with mine too. As long as it is postmarked by 4/26 you should be okay, but I would definitely email admissions to update them and share your tracking number with them.

Is anyone planning to ask about where they are at today? I used up my chance on Monday afternoon 😭

As an update, I’ve got notification this morning that my deposit has been delivered.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got offered a seat from spot #100! They actually didn’t call me but updated my portal and was emailed! I have declined my spot, so good luck to all!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Random question, the computers that we have to purchase, do we have to turn them back in after we graduate or do we keep them? Because at the end of the "tablet configuration" it says 4 Year laptop back contract.

Random question, the computers that we have to purchase, do we have to turn them back in after we graduate or do we keep them? Because at the end of the "tablet configuration" it says 4 Year laptop back contract.
I hope to god we keep them since they cost like $2500

Help! I’m so clueless on creating a net ID- do we get our student number after they receive our deposit? TYIA :)

Help! I’m so clueless on creating a net ID- do we get our student number after they receive our deposit? TYIA :)
Yes, you will get your student ID after they get your deposit. It will show up under your status of alternate/admit

You get to keep the laptop, they will just wipe out all the programs/files on your computer after 4 years

This is probably a longshot but any ISU-UNL 2+2 admittees here? 👀

You're invited to 'Iowa State University CVM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Plugging this again for those newly added :)

Do we have any idea of how many people have accepted a position in the class of 2027? Thanks :)

I was just called! Spot 107 :) I will be accepting my seat

• Love
Reactions: 7 users