Jan. 2014 Examiners Unite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misplacedshadow

Underclass Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone here postpone their exam to or are planning to take the exam on January 2014? It's the final year in the old format without the new psychology/biochemistry section.

My reason for postponing to January is because I got a bit too lazy in the studying process and will be starting a new job soon, so my September date is too soon for me to be ready to tackle the beast. So I postponed to January. Anyone else out there in a similar situation, any way if there is we have about 5 months of studying to do for this exam.

I plan on starting tonight. Let's try to inspire, motivate, offer a shoulder to cry on, and give advice to our fellow peers who have postponed their exam to Jan or will plan to register in Jan.

Please don't act negatively towards your fellow sdners, or kick them when they are down. I know this happens a lot here in these forums. Keep your bad comments to yourself because we are all friends here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

I did 10 questions and then submitted it (felt brain dead) so I understandably never received an email. I imagine they use some algorithm to define if you gave a "good faith" effort or not

i think they give money back based on whether you chose answer for all questions and how long it took you finish them....a friend of mine got money back by randomly picking choices w/o reading passage but took him the whole time to do it....another friend of mine didn't get money when he randomly chose all answers in 5 mins....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I mean I answered every question though. I'm not sure how they figure out if you did it "in good faith"
I think what they do is insert a question randomly that can be easily answered from the passage just to see if you're paying attention. I caught a few that were thrown my way during the trial section.

I bought two vinyl records.

NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

nice! Here's what I'm contemplating (more electronics/food related):
AquaAudio Portable Waterproof Speakers for Showers
Hamilton Breakfast Sandwich Maker (because why not?)
George Foreman Quesadilla Maker
iPhone workout armband

yep leaning towards that breakfast sandwich maker.

The breakfast sandwich maker is awesome! I wish I was getting my $30 gift card.

I guessed on a lot of the trial questions because I simply didn't know nor remembered my biochem. It only took me about 15 mins to finish the section so maybe that wasn't long enough as "good faith effort".

I think I might die from anxiety this weekend...

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what they are even doing with these last few days. Our scores have to be ready, right? Maybe they'll post early... doubtful, but maybe..

Pretty sure your scores have been ready since the day you took the exam.
They are just holding them for a month for a "security reason" when we all know they are doing it to make money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many people register for a retake right after their exam because of their post-exam feelings.
And many of them cancel as well because they did better than they expected.

Why would they remove this waiting period when they make more money from it? lol
It's all about business.

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure your scores have been ready since the day you took the exam.
They are just holding them for a month for a "security reason" when we all know they are doing it to make money.

Exactly. The GRE, PCAT, and DAT results are immediately shown after you take those exams. It's my understanding that it's not the "final" score, but that for the most part it doesn't change. Any sort of scaling or adjustment they do with the exam could easily be accomplished within a week, tops.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else write a comment in the provided section after the trial section?

yea, i told them the trial questions were terrible, passages were designed in an awkward way (way too many charts in everything), overemphasized ridiculous memorization, and that I hope no student ever finds them on their actual mcat or something like that LOL.

May have been because i was serious burnt out after taking the actual mcat, but those trial questions were awful imo.

7ry7dvI.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I'm pretty much resigned to not doing anything productive until I have my score.

Reactions: 8 users
Same I feel like i'm in limbo. I'm picking up a 6 pack to drown my pride or drown my sorrows tuesday night.
Yup. I told my roommates "either way, alcohol will be an outlet for me...." Probably not the best approach.

I want my score but at the same time i don't...the last 3 weeks were so relaxing outside of these last few days. It's been torture

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Tuesday I get MCAT score, have anatomy midterm, and it's my birthday. Hurray!

Having mini panic attack and it's still another 24+ hours.... Googling ways to de-stress naturally...

Anyone else somewhat relaxed? I know for a fact that logging in to check the score is gonna be terrifying lol, but for now I don't really care

This wait annoys me so much >.<. I was hoping 1/23s would get results sooner than 1/25s but nope :/
any 1/23 feel like posting there scoress?

I would but they're not up until tomorrow (I actually just checked cuz you posted).

We will all be fine! I have looked through dozens of these similar threads leading up to the score release, and everyone scores around what they expected. That being said, I hope I land around my 36, 38, 37 last three tests lol. Ill update tomorrow. Fingers crossed

This wait annoys me so much >.<. I was hoping 1/23s would get results sooner than 1/25s but nope :/

I would but they're not up until tomorrow (I actually just checked cuz you posted).

ohh damn didnt know that my friend actually took his on 23 i was wondering why he didn't tell me. it was either bad score but i guess this

We will all be fine! I have looked through dozens of these similar threads leading up to the score release, and everyone scores around what they expected. That being said, I hope I land around my 36, 38, 37 last three tests lol. Ill update tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Remember those are the people who posted which is both a small and a biased sample. Plenty of people do better and worse than they expected.

Reactions: 1 users
Remember those are the people who posted which is both a small and a biased sample. Plenty of people do better and worse than they expected.

Any deviation from your AAMC FLs average is not due to difference in difficulty at all.
Go to AAMC website. They clearly explains the reason of this.

Any deviation from your AAMC FLs average is not due to difference in difficulty at all.
Go to AAMC website. They clearly explains the reason of this.

I said there can be a deviation. I did not say it was due to difference in difficulty with practice tests.

Reactions: 3 users
If you think it's bad for you, it's even worse for me. I'm studying abroad on the other side of the globe. It's already afternoon on Feb. 25 here. No sleep for me tonight, as my scores will be released around 3-5AM here (2-4 PM EST).