JHU MSPH / MHS in HPM ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penguinh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am an international undergraduate student majoring in Public Health with a double degree in Economics. I submitted my application to HPM MSPH program of JHU 15 days ago, but I have just received a letter from JHU HPM MSPH Admitssions asking me whether I would like to transfer my application to the MHS admissions committee because they thought I would be better suited for the MHS degree with a focus on Health Economics.
So, my question is:
- Does it mean that I am rejected by the MSPH program? What if I choose to not to transfer my application? I have good stats and research experience and to be honest I didn't expect the rejection would come so early :(
- Actually I am interested in health economics and have some research experience on health service research. However, MHS is a 1-year program so I think it is too short for me to get adapted to the new environment. Anybody have any info/experience with the program?

Thank you so much! I would be very grateful if you could give me some feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I am an international student too but I applied to MSPH international health department (still waiting). I think you can state the reasons why you think you still want to keep your application in MSPH program, just explain to them like you explained here: you want a two-year education. I don't think it means rejection and I have friend who have the similar experience: jhu called and asked if he was interested in the program he applied, because they thought he would be better suited for another program. he still got in the program anyway. so.. maybe you can browse more information online or email them about these two programs and see which one suits you better.

good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,
I am an international student too but I applied to MSPH international health department (still waiting). I think you can state the reasons why you think you still want to keep your application in MSPH program, just explain to them like you explained here: you want a two-year education. I don't think it means rejection and I have friend who have the similar experience: jhu called and asked if he was interested in the program he applied, because they thought he would be better suited for another program. he still got in the program anyway. so.. maybe you can browse more information online or email them about these two programs and see which one suits you better.

good luck!

I suggest doing what this person said. I don't think it necessarily means you have been rejected. I believe they are just trying to make you aware of an opportunity you may find better suits your interests. If you aren't interested in the 1-year program, simply let them know and provide your explanation.