Kansas State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
woohoo! Congrats! I'm so excited. I'm 9am on December 20th
Sounds like we'll see each other there!

I submitted my supplemental early August and VMCAS September 14th. My stats are average to below average, so I have no idea in what order they're sending these out. :shrug: The more app cycles I go through, the more I become convinced schools just throw darts at a board! Good luck everyone, it's still early in the cycle. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When are the interview weekends? I can't find them on the website.

When are the interview weekends? I can't find them on the website.
I got this email a few months back when I asked if the interview days were scheduled:
"We will be scheduling interviews on the following dates.
December 19 and 20, 2015
January 16, 17, 30, and 31, 2016"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got this email a few months back when I asked if the interview days were scheduled:
December 19 and 20, 2015
Great info, thank you!

I submitted both in July, that's pretty early, right? I'm not worried! My GPA is extremely average, so I'm definitely not a "top pick". Still hopeful I'll get an interview! :xf:
You got this!!!

After looking through the thread last year, it seems as though interview invites went out in three different rounds and they were pretty random order. Those with at least a 3.4 science GPA and above a 50th percentile GRE were offered interviews from what it seems like. So I guess the science GPA was a lot more important than overall GPA? If that's the case, that's probably why I got offered an interview. I have a very average cumulative GPA but high science GPA

I am OOS and received an invite for 1:30 on December 20!! So excited!!

K State peeps... Do you think they are done sending out invites for the December 19/20 interview dates? Or do you think they'll send more tomorrow/next week?

Congrats on your interviews! I've got my fingers crossed!

Any recommendations as to which airport to fly into and hotels?
Kansas City airport is about 2 hours by car from Manhattan. There is a shuttle service between KC to Manhattan but I've never used it.

Manhattan airport (MHK) has limited flights from only Dallas and Chicago, so depending on where you are a connection would be required and tickets can be more expensive than to KC. Airport is 10-15 minute drive from the town and campus.

There are lots of hotels around, availability is fine except during football weekends, so take your pick.

Any recommendations as to which airport to fly into and hotels?

I drove from Denver because it was actually cheaper and I hate flying. I recommend driving if you live within five or seven hours of Manhattan.

I drove from Denver because it was actually cheaper and I hate flying. I recommend driving if you live within five or seven hours of Manhattan.
I'm about 10 hours I think. Think I will fly because that's a bit long for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
K State peeps... Do you think they are done sending out invites for the December 19/20 interview dates? Or do you think they'll send more tomorrow/next week?
December 19 and 20, 2015

What's important to know is the December interviews are for the IS students. The ones for OOS will be e-mailed to schedule the January interviews. I read this on the KSU website over the summer but I cannot for the life of me find that information now. You could take my word for it since it will mean there's plenty of time left for OOS to receive an interview request.

What's important to know is the December interviews are for the IS students. The ones for OOS will be e-mailed to schedule the January interviews. I read this on the KSU website over the summer but I cannot for the life of me find that information now. You could take my word for it since it will mean there's plenty of time left for OOS to receive an interview request.
That's not true, I and several other OOS people have received interview invites for December 20th. I think the 19th may be just IS, though.

That's not true, I and several other OOS people have received interview invites for December 20th. I think the 19th may be just IS, though.

That's likely. More time will be needed to interview roughly 300 of you, making January the better option for scheduling the majority of the OOS interviews.

Hello everyone! I'm OS and I have an interview on Dec. 20.
I'm planning to fly in from California to Wichita on the 18th and I'm going to rent a car on the 18th or 19th to travel to Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone else would be in a similar situation and wanted to look into sharing room or car costs with me. Let me know!

Last edited:
I'm planning to fly in from California to Wichita on the 18th and I'm going to rent a car on the 18th or 19th to travel to Manhattan. I was wondering if anyone else would be in a similar situation and wanted to look into sharing room or car costs with me. Let me know!

I have a somewhat unrelated comment- when you drive to Manhattan you should stop at Russell Stover's in Abilene for ice cream and chocolate! haha it's delicious

I have a somewhat unrelated comment- when you drive to Manhattan you should stop at Russell Stover's in Abilene for ice cream and chocolate! haha it's delicious

yum ice cream <3 i definitely will! thanks for the tip ^^

Speaking of...if you want bomb ice cream pop into Call Hall while you're in Manhattan. It's direct from the K-State dairy, delicious, and conveniently directly across the street from the CVM.
i'll check it out! :)

I would but I'm flying into Kansas City and renting a car there. I may see you there though! Are you going to the pizza party?

I would but I'm flying into Kansas City and renting a car there. I may see you there though! Are you going to the pizza party?
Aw man. Well hopefully we see each other! And I am, the Saturday night one right?

Has anyone else received an OOS invite yet this week so far?

Well Doc elmore said that ppl will receive interview invites 6 weeks before their interview so maybe another few weeks for the January peeps?

December 19 and 20, 2015
There are three interview weekends and I think three invite rounds.

Don't worry yet guys!! There's still plenty of time to receive an interview invite :)

OOS and just received an interview invite for January 16!!!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS with an interview on January 16th!!!

OOS with interview on Jan 17th!!!!!!

Congrats to all OOS'ers who received invites! What time did all of you receive the email? I'm still holding out hope for the remaining weekends!

Edit: I just received an interview! OOS January 17th at 1:30 PM

Last edited:
Mine was in my spam folder....good thing I check it somewhat often haha...

I just received an invite today as well, OOS, January 17th.

I guess invites were sent out earlier this year, compared to last!

I received an email today too! OOS, January 17th.

January 16 as well :D Congrats everyone!

This might be a stupid question,, but is there a specific dress code for the pizza party?

This might be a stupid question,, but is there a specific dress code for the pizza party?

There was not. Some people were dressed business casual, some were casual. My mom and I were super late, so we were still wearing relatively comfy clothes from driving.

Hi guys! I'm interviewing on the 16th. Do a lot of people bring a parent? I'm flying over from NY