"Late" Batch Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am first batch and have one interview to NOVA so far, but my committee letter was sent out a couple of weeks ago. So some schools like UPenn, Tufts, Loma Linda haven't been reviewing my application until recently. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not even 1 letter???

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1440096262.499139.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
2nd batch. And Nada :cool: wearing sunglasses so you can't see my tears

nada? as in you haven't heard anything from the school you apply to?

=_______= your stat is a true boss man Now I am seriously wondering if yield protection and all that crap is real =______=

Members don't see this ad :)
nada? as in you haven't heard anything from the school you apply to?

=_______= your stat is a true boss man Now I am seriously wondering if yield protection and all that crap is real =______=
Happarently my stats suck or something idk. People tell me to be patient but how can you when some have 5 interviews!?

Reactions: 1 users
PS? EO? LORs?
LOR is fine, apparently I was one of the higher end of the recommendations for my prehealth committee. ECs are my strong suit so I had a huge list, PS was decent at least.

LOR is fine, apparently I was one of the higher end of the recommendations for my prehealth committee. ECs are my strong suit so I had a huge list, PS was decent at least.

You didn't have a "let's wait till August" committee letter did you?

Happarently my stats suck or something idk. People tell me to be patient but how can you when some have 5 interviews!?

um I think I can seriously know what you mean by saying that........seeing how you got everything in early, got the stats, and the schools just grant invite to people who apply later than you .......u must be flipping table now.

PS? EO? LORs?

do you think he, with that stat, does not take care of PS and LORs well?

although I know if you put crap in PS and your LORs show that you are better off on the street than in schools, then yes, you are done. but I believe LORs and PS only go so far in the application because come on, those are subjective (what other people think of you).

I personally see students suck up so hard to obtain LORs (I don't mean people with good LORs suck up hard) but to a certain extent, these LORs can be influenced by other uncontrollable factors.

um I think I can seriously know what you mean by saying that........seeing how you got everything in early, got the stats, and the schools just grant invite to people who apply later than you .......u must be flipping table now.

although I know if you put crap in PS and your LORs show that you are better off on the street than in schools, then yes, you are done. but I believe LORs and PS only go so far in the application because come on, those are subjective (what other people think of you).

I personally see students suck up so hard to obtain LORs (I don't mean people with good LORs suck up hard) but to a certain extent, these LORs can be influenced by other uncontrollable factors.
Haha, luckily I'm not a high stress kind of guy! I'll panic a bit if I don't hear anything next week though!

Stats can only provide one image. Your PS reveals your ability to communicate in words, your LOR hopefully reveals your ability to not be a weirdo.

Members don't see this ad :)
say his name and he will appear
Is he, like, some magical entity?

He's such a rockstar on SDN. Totally would ask him to autograph my notes printout if I bump into him come interview time. Eep.

Stats can only provide one image. Your PS reveals your ability to communicate in words, your LOR hopefully reveals your ability to not be a weirdo.
My PS are just lyrics from my new mixtape.

Reactions: 6 users
I don't care if It takes me so long to get into dental school and I become like this

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1440123542.283700.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
What's wrong with sending out a committee letter in August?

basically your app (though verified) wont be completed and under review until the letter is in. so if the letter was sent in august, his app would only be under review since then.

basically your app (though verified) wont be completed and under review until the letter is in. so if the letter was sent in august, his app would only be under review since then.

I submitted my app aug 1st, and my committee letter was just sent out 2 days ago. I guess it doesn't matter for me though because by the time they verify my gpa my letters should be in. ....I hope

Don't worry I still havent sent mine out yet! I should have it out by the weekend tho

I love how on SDN you're either "early" or "late." There is no in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like a relevant thread to ask:

I'm going to be applying next Summer but I won't take my DAT until around August (my orgo II course finishes a couple weeks into August). Should I be sending anything in at the beginning of the summer before then? Without my DAT scores my application will not exactly be a strong one, so I'm worried my app will me thrown into the trash without a strong DAT score attached lol

This seems like a relevant thread to ask:

I'm going to be applying next Summer but I won't take my DAT until around August (my orgo II course finishes a couple weeks into August). Should I be sending anything in at the beginning of the summer before then? Without my DAT scores my application will not exactly be a strong one, so I'm worried my app will me thrown into the trash without a strong DAT score attached lol

What's not exactly strong? Maybe we can dispel that notion. Anyways, the application isn't considered complete until DAT is received.

What's not exactly strong? Maybe we can dispel that notion. Anyways, the application isn't considered complete until DAT is received.

My cumulative GPA is pretty weak. I think my ECs are fairly solid. I graduated from university this May and now I'm powering through my prerequisites. My final prerequisite will be orgo II which will be finished in August of next Summer and I would like to take my DAT around that time

comments in this thread crack me up. Applied august 6th, DAT sept 9th (sigh so late but better to take it when ready).

I say, while we wait for these verifications we throw a massive SDN party where we all get drunk and play mario kart

Man I wish we had like a group text going haha it would be calming and also hilarious

Man I wish we had like a group text going haha it would be calming and also hilarious
Hah I was thinking the same. No dental friends applying this cycle...

Hah I was thinking the same. No dental friends applying this cycle...

Agreed, we need people that understand our problems lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least people still getting interviews!
Sent out my app on monday, now I wait to be verified....

Haha, dude with those test scores you are going to have your choice of schools
Haha, thanks! But we all know admissions are more than test scores and GPA (Check the UCSF forum if you don't believe me). But interviews are starting to roll in for me so I guess I should just be more patient.

I think I was 7/8th batch and I got an invite from Nova on Monday.

I was second batch, but my application is just now being considered complete because they didn't have my DAT score until now. Fml.