**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm actually pretty concerned about this... I love a good cold snap, and I've seen snow a few times, but I'm not sure if I can handle an entire midwest/northeast winter. I guess I'll find out the hard way.

I'm from Florida, the most we get here is some frost the morning after a three dogger.

I understand your reservations, though. It will probably take some getting used to, but nothing you can't overcome. You'll just have to find different things to do... in the snow. Personally, I've never seen falling snow, so I think it would be awesome to run around and go skiing after a fresh fall. Definitely on my bucket list.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Florida, the most we get here is some frost the morning after a three dogger.

I understand your reservations, though. It will probably take some getting used to, but nothing you can't overcome. You'll just have to find different things to do... in the snow. Personally, I've never seen falling snow, so I think it would be awesome to run around and go skiing after a fresh fall. Definitely on my bucket list.

Skiing is ok. Snowboarding is where it's at! Seriously though, growing up in northern Michigan gave me all the snow I could handle, and I still love it. Even went camping once when it was -40F. Now I'm in southern Utah on the Arizona border and I feel like I'm gonna die in this triple digit weather every day! Lol

I'm actually pretty concerned about this... I love a good cold snap, and I've seen snow a few times, but I'm not sure if I can handle an entire midwest/northeast winter. I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Skiing is ok. Snowboarding is where it's at! Seriously though, growing up in northern Michigan gave me all the snow I could handle, and I still love it. Even went camping once when it was -40F. Now I'm in southern Utah on the Arizona border and I feel like I'm gonna die in this triple digit weather every day! Lol

Im the same...I need at least a little extended period of cold weather! Im not sure how Id do with the cold for a majority of the year, but I gotta have my seasons!

(and I agree snowboarding grew on me really quickly. I still love the ski's for powder days but the board is good anytime, any where, any condition of snow!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Changing status from pre-medical to medical in a little over 2 weeks; moving across state lines in 11 days.

Man, im super Jealous of you guys that are starting first year! But im in no hurry to get there quite yet hahaha

I can't wait to be an M0. I know nothing's guaranteed, but I'm applying to 32 schools and I just know one of them is going to take me. I hope...

I can't wait to be an M0. I know nothing's guaranteed, but I'm applying to 32 schools and I just know one of them is going to take me. I hope...

32!! holy **** :eek: and here I am thinking applying to 18 schools is too many.

You know what they say about that grass...

I have a special hatred for snow because my work has me driving hundreds of miles in it every week when it's on the ground. This last winter was almost perfect because of how little snow we got. Even when we had the heat wave rolling through here recently and were getting 100+ days I wasn't longing for colder weather, and I was outside working on my garage roof during it (which included a full-tear off of the 1x8s held in with approximately 200 nails per square inch). A bit less humidity might have been nice, but even that didn't bother me as much as the though of slogging through slush.

I very much look forward to the possibility of considering a 50 degree day to be "sweater weather".

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, just saw this!

I was beginning to think nobody saw that. I tried.

I don't have too much of a choice. MD (3.00/3.14s/33), DO (3.20/3.20/33).

I didn't have too much of a choice, either. I ended up applying to 31 schools. All for one acceptance thus far. It only takes one, though. And it was a school in my home state, so I can't argue about that.

I was beginning to think nobody saw that. I tried.

I didn't have too much of a choice, either. I ended up applying to 31 schools. All for one acceptance thus far. It only takes one, though. And it was a school in my home state, so I can't argue about that.

Yea I wouldn't mind going to Missouri ($27k). :) Med school would be cheaper than undergrad!

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me. Two interviews, one acceptance in my home state. But as you said, it only takes one. :D

Nothing beats TCOM.. average 16k for texas resident. Non residents average around 30k.

CIB puts em at $12,186 for tuition...even better. Too bad no grade replacement there...

If you dont mind me asking, approx how much did it cost to apply? Secondaries included

My guess would be about 5k??

Also, on a less serious note, has anyone seen the family guy when brian publishes a book with penguin publishing???? TOO FUNNY!!!!

If you dont mind me asking, approx how much did it cost to apply? Secondaries included

Idk. The cycle is just starting.

I honestly haven't kept track though, so I couldn't even give you a reasonable estimate at this point.

From talking with previous students that have applied 5-7k is about right including your deposit once accepted. I feel like I've already spent more than that, but it's only just beginning :laugh:. Needless to say in the end, it's a small drop in the bucket but a huge step toward fulfilling dreams.

I grew up mostly in Hawaii and currently live in Idaho. My first winter here was a transition but wasn't horrible and I was able to adjust pretty quickly. (Though I have lived here for 4 years, I still wear more layers than most everybody else lol :D) Make sure to check the road conditions before going out, learned that the hard way...I was 1 hour late to class due to icy roads requiring me to travel 35mph on the highway (normally 75-80) :laugh:

Also, on a less serious note, has anyone seen the family guy when brian publishes a book with penguin publishing???? TOO FUNNY!!!!

Great show! Have you seen the one where Peter tries to nurse Stewie? My husband and I were watching it at 1 am and could not stop laughing!:laugh:

Great show! Have you seen the one where Peter tries to nurse Stewie? My husband and I were watching it at 1 am and could not stop laughing!:laugh:

Hahahahaha if that's when he's breast feeding him then I think I have

Decided to bump this thread, as it's almost been 1 whole year since it was first started. Obviously from reading the first post, a LOT has happened since then.

Congrats to everyone who got in last cycle. We did it! And good luck to everyone this upcoming cycle. :thumbup:

Decided to bump this thread, as it's almost been 1 whole year since it was first started. Obviously from reading the first post, a LOT has happened since then.

Congrats to everyone who got in last cycle. We did it! And good luck to everyone this upcoming cycle. :thumbup:

Wow. Time flies, I guess. I still can't believe that people are already complete at schools. It feels like yesterday that I was just now complete.:rolleyes:

I grew up mostly in Hawaii and currently live in Idaho. My first winter here was a transition but wasn't horrible and I was able to adjust pretty quickly. (Though I have lived here for 4 years, I still wear more layers than most everybody else lol :D) Make sure to check the road conditions before going out, learned that the hard way...I was 1 hour late to class due to icy roads requiring me to travel 35mph on the highway (normally 75-80) :laugh:

I lived in Idaho for 18 years, I know the feeling. I'm having anti weather shock as I moved to Las Vegas a week ago.

Wow. Time flies, I guess. I still can't believe that people are already complete at schools. It feels like yesterday that I was just now complete.:rolleyes:

I don't know when the time starts flying by, but I feel like this cycle is already almost over..

I've got insanity, but I have been scared to start it. The fit test left me for dead lying in a ditch in a third world country. True story.

I've got insanity, but I have been scared to start it. The fit test left me for dead lying in a ditch in a third world country. True story.

At the NSU interview everyone was shocked that OMM class is shirtless. Everyone was giggling like little kids.

At the NSU interview everyone was shocked that OMM class is shirtless. Everyone was giggling like little kids.

I guess its time for me to hit the gym...:laugh:

Is anyone here a gamer? I'm partial to Left 4 Dead, Counterstrike, and Payday: Heist. Maybe we can get a SDN Steam group going for some late-night multiplayer.

Try opening someone's pelvic diaphragm.

Not really sure what you're talking about, and frankly I'm afraid to google that...
Oh and MedPR, at least the girls aren't shirtless. Yeah, that could get awkward.

Oh, and as for insanity, it left me lying in a puddle today. Can't wait for tomorrow! :D
Seriously though, I've got to be in shape for OMM lab.

Not really sure what you're talking about, and frankly I'm afraid to google that...
Oh and MedPR, at least the girls aren't shirtless. Yeah, that could get awkward.

I dare you to Google it. ;)

Girls are shirtless. They are required to wear sportsbras underneath their shirts.

Oh, and as for insanity, it left me lying in a puddle today. Can't wait for tomorrow! :D

Same. In all seriousness I'm hoping I get into an MD partly so I don't have to be in shape for OMM lab :thumbup:

Girls are shirtless. They are required to wear sportsbras underneath their shirts.

We observed the PT students in the OMM lab and all the girls were in sportsbras.

Sportsbra isn't exactly what I meant by shirtless and you know it. Lol
Hangin wit da girlz in sportsbras ain't no thing, the awkwardness would be if they were SHIRTLESS. That's all

Sportsbra isn't exactly what I meant by shirtless and you know it. Lol
Hangin wit da girlz in sportsbras ain't no thing, the awkwardness would be if they were SHIRTLESS. That's all

I think you mean TOPless ;)

there will be so much additional running and lifting involved if I get in this cycle :thumbup:

there will be so much additional running and lifting involved if I get in this cycle :thumbup:

Same.. Unless I matriculate MD, then I really don't care since I won't have to be shirtless for class.