LECOM-Bradenton C/O 2016: Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RoseBudLA-I did take the PCAT and I do have a bachelors degree!

Thanks UThorns!
How did you study for PCAT? May I ask what book did you study to review for PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest that you get a brand new PCAT practice book because the PCAT is being redone for next year. Specifically the chemistry and biology sections. The chemistry section is now going to include new biochemistry questions and less nomenclature questions. The biology section will no longer include any non-human bio questions and will now include more anatomy and new physiology questions. The writing section will also be done and scored differently....

The PCAT scores are also suppose to be normalized/re-scored and re-scaled for the next cycle. So competitive scores will likely be lower next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who calls Lauren this week... Can you ask her if LECOM rejects people post-interview or if they just offer non-accepted people a spot on the alternate list?

I read the SDN posts from ppl who applied last year. There was a person who interview on 4/21 and didn't get a decision until the 1st week of JULY!!! They weren't put on the Alternate list or anything like that. Their portal status just said that a decision has not been made and it stayed that way for almost 2 Months. I'm just letting everyone know not to hold them to the "30 days and we get a decision" idea. It could take almost twice as long to get a decision. Sorry to freak you out but it's the truth.

If you want to read the posts from last year you can't use the phone app. You have to use the regular webpage.

I just received a call from Lauren and she said I got accepted & my acceptance letter will be sent out today.

I interviewed on April 19th & my LECOM portal hasn't changed yet.

Thank you. I will be attending LECOM.
My portal status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application..."

Did anyone else get an acceptance call today?

Anyone who calls Lauren this week... Can you ask her if LECOM rejects people post-interview or if they just offer non-accepted people a spot on the alternate list?

Yes, people do get rejected, I interviewed on March 8, and a guy I met that day was actually rejected. I am on the waitlist, but seems like a lot of people are.

I would suggest that you get a brand new PCAT practice book because the PCAT is being redone for next year. Specifically the chemistry and biology sections. The chemistry section is now going to include new biochemistry questions and less nomenclature questions. The biology section will no longer include any non-human bio questions and will now include more anatomy and new physiology questions. The writing section will also be done and scored differently....

Thanks, May I ask what PCAT book did you use for your study? Did you use Princeton Review?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard back yet from 4/19/2012? I feel like that my chances are going away. Bcz waiting this long is so tough. Everyday I go workout bcz it keeps my mind off this mess. However, I can't keep relaxing. I wish I knew the answer :(

I just received a call from Lauren and she said I got accepted & my acceptance letter will be sent out today.

I interviewed on April 19th & my LECOM portal hasn't changed yet.

This person did

It was a book... But definitely buy and do the practice tests they hav on the PCAT website... The more questions you see the better you will do. They are expensive but worth it...

I just received a phone call from Lauren, and she said I got accepted. :love:

When did you interview if you mind me asking noobhealer? I interviewd on 4/19 and I have not heard anything yet! By the way congrats :) So Lauren called you?

Noobhealer said they interviewed on 4/19 in an earlier post...

ccump: Yeah I interviewed on 04/19
fadeawaymaster: Thank you and yeah Lauren called me this morning saying I got accepted. I am so happy!!

Congratz everyone who got accepted. :) I will attend Lecom-B this Fall as well. I am looking for apartment now. Anyone are looking for roommate? Can you guys plz suggest me a good place to stay. Tks

^ Im looking for a female roommate...please pm me if anyone is currently looking for one as well....

Thank you, SueSue and yes I definitely will attend Lecom B.. Looking forward to see u there SueSue

Hey is there anyone else that is heard back yet from 4/19? I know those from the posts. But anyone else? I haven't heard anything yet? I am so scared of my life now! :( I didn't hear anything yet. They are saying my file is being looked favorably.:mad:

Did any alternate list Candidate heard anything back from LECOM-B? If their interview is over on may 17, they should already know, how many seats are left and how many seats they can offer? I am tired of waiting, I have been waiting from February-March, 2012.:mad:

I have a feeling there are actually 2 lists right now... The alternate list which is ppl they actually put on the Alt list. And a "wait list" of ppl who hav not been accepted/denied/alt listed. This "wait list" is where they are accepting from now. In June I think they will offer the remainder of the "wait list" a spot on the Alt list and then they will rank the whole thing... only then will people from the official Alt list be accepted...

On Monday the Erie Campus started to off alternate list people acceptances....

I never applied to the Erie campus bcz I assumed it would be harder to get into. And Lecom Bradenton is much easier to get into and plus it is four yrs. unlike Erie 3 yrs. which is more difficult and felt that I will not have chance in that school.

When does Lauren usually call if students are accepted? I am curious. I mean morning, afternoon?

So if people in "wait list" do not get a spot..they will be put into alt list?

Last edited:
I might be wrong in thinking they put wait list ppl on the Alt list once it's ranked.... According to last yrs posts a student who interviewed on 4/21 got an acceptance in mid July but was never placed on the alternate list... The alt list was ranked around 6/14 last yr so that person had got no decision at all for well over 2 months...then got the acceptance call out of the blue...

I can't wait till July! That's too long! That's going to get me more fruatrated! :(

Me too... Do u guys hav other offers or is LECOM your only shot this year?

Only shot is Lecom! Or else I will have to do something else in life! That's too much waiting and more stress. I wouldn't be able to enjoy my summer like that. :(

Same here, I only applied to LECOM and ETSU but didn't get the ETSU spot. I was in the last interview group and they were already out of spots by then, only alt list left. They told me to reapply earlier next yr and I'd b almost a sure thing. Told me the only thing I'd need to change on my app was updating my personal statement.

I just read the CO 2014 thread and it seems the admissions process was way different than it was last yr and this yr. I didnt see where anyone was left waiting for more than a couple weeks without a decision. Also the Alt list was about 100 ppl to start with when it was ranked on about 6/4. From the 2nd week of June until early July they burned through about half of the list, so it was moving pretty fast.

So do u think I should here back by next week? Bcz there is no way I Am waiting for July. I could be doing my backup plan and apply for masters. Finish my masters in accounting and take the CPA exam. That's alot better than waiting till July! No way Jose :)

I dont think there is a such thing called waitlist and Alt list, When I called Lauren, She told me there is only Alt list, and i was put on it, i bet due to my PCAT score, other than that, i am okay, so Lauren told me, she will let us know from Early June-First day of Class, during this period, they will let all the ALT list people whats going on. I am already frustrated, I interviewed on 5 school, from there 3 Waitlist, 1 reject and 1 dont have any clue, they told me they will let all of us know by July. I am so frustrated, I hate waiting like that, my BP is 130/90 and i am only 22 years old. due to tension/stress. nobody tries to understand that.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know the isn't an official wait list, that's why I put the "" around it. But there are ppl who werent initially accepted or put on the Alt list. The last 2 days ppl in this situation have been offered acceptance and atleast one that is still waiting on a decision. I would guess that these are ppl from the last few interview dates who will get accepted as spots open up before they take anyone off the official Alt list. In last yrs posts a person who was in that situation got their acceptance in early July and the 1st person to say they were pulled off the Alt list didn't report it happening until after that.

The only other explainations that I can think of is that they were waiting to compare these people to the last interview groups or they were waiting on final transcripts before making a decision...