LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted to another school so at this point if they tell us after April then I’m not going to decline my seat there in the hopes that they admit me to LMU… I feel like they’re potentially losing out if good candidates by not letting people know. LMU used to be my first choice

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I really don’t think they’re done sending out acceptances until April. In every previous year I saw the majority of acceptances were released in February or March and we haven’t had that yet, just the small number of early ones from December

Reactions: 1 user
I think that they sent out acceptances for all the spots for Fall in December. The next acceptances that are released will be for the spots which were declined.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really doubt they’ve sent out all the acceptances, there’s only 20 people in the Facebook group and some of them are faculty

Also just based on the very small number of people that have said they got accepted for fall. I really don’t believe they have sent out all acceptances either.

I will be declining my acceptance as I received a contract seat elsewhere! I hope good news will be received soon for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
17 applicants (subtracting the 3 admins) could have accepted. The others could be waiting on other schools. Not everyone will post their acceptance.

last year they sent out a big wave of acceptances towards the back end of the process. Unless this year they’re sending stuff out sporadically who knows. I do think another wave is coming though…

17 applicants (subtracting the 3 admins) could have accepted. The others could be waiting on other schools. Not everyone will post their acceptance.
Not everyone is on Student Doctor Network, so like bubble_bee said and I said previously the Facebook group is not a solid indicator of how many offers are currently extended.

Since they started interviews earlier this cycle, it is more likely all acceptances were sent out by this point than not. If you interviewed but have not heard, as others have mentioned previously just assume you are waitlisted.

Has anyone actually been able to get in touch with anyone from LMU to be sure? Considering admissions has been saying offers will continue to be sent out until April/may/June I think it is safe to say all offers have NOT been extended

i find it hard to believe almost everyone on here is on the waitlist or rejected i understand not posting on here but also nobody has heard anything to my knowledge since december

Reactions: 4 users
They sent like a wave of acceptances a week for the spring cohort until it was full and then now have only sent 1 wave for the fall. It really doesn’t make sense because I’d think they’re losing out on good applicants who are committing elsewhere

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno y’all, I’m not going to say it’s totally out of the realm of possibility that all Fall acceptances are out but I chronically stalk all the major pre-vet platforms and have only seen the handful from December, which seemed like a lot less in total than when other schools release news for a full class. I’m personally choosing to believe that there’ll be more coming 🙂

Yeah I feel like there were very few people who said they got accepted, if all the acceptances went out I would assume way more people would have said something here. But that might just be hopeful thinking LOL

I don't think anyone choosing to remain hopeful is a bad thing by any means. The same response we have all been getting from LMU has been:

"Offers for the LMU-CVM Class of 2028 Blue cohort have begun to be extended and will continue to be extended until the class is at capacity. These offers are disseminated by the Dean based on recommendations made by the Admissions Committee."

Which can be read a variety of ways considering LMU's rolling admissions and admissions process in general. I definitely don't believe we would see EVERYONE who got acceptances on this thread but generally there's a pretty good number of people that post either on here or in the facebook groups to give a good idea of how many acceptances have gone out and personally I didn't see a ton, add to that the number of people I have also seen decline their acceptances as well. Could all be circumstantial for sure 🤷‍♀️ and definitely could go either way, but I think I'll remain optimistic! :)

Hopefully more people will hear something soon! ♥️

I feel like there’s no way all acceptances have been sent out already; I feel like they would have sent rejections as well.

Any Spring c/o 2029 (deferred students) on here going to campus March 8th for the LMU-CVM Experience?

So is it a possibility for them to offer me a seat in spring as well? Are the options accepted, rejected, or deferred?

So is it a possibility for them to offer me a seat in spring as well? Are the options accepted, rejected, or deferred?
I was accepted into the Spring of 2028 class and then deferred. Spring 2028 classes have already started though so they are only filling seats for the Fall now but if you are accepted and needed to wait a year to start that would be when you deferred. I had deferred to finish my Bachelors and because I didn’t want to give my seat up completely in case I didn’t receive any other offers.

Hey guys,
LMU website says that they extend offers between Dec-April for the fall class, so don't lose hope! I think they are still extending offers

Going to be declining my seat, I hope that helps someone out!

Guys I still have not even heard about an interview. Do you think they are still conducting interviews??

Okay admissions just said Only acceptances have been sent thus far, no denials or no more interview invites have been sent. Those that have already received acceptances have until the deadline, after that if the class is not at it’s capacity, then more offers will go out.

So we will hear absolutely nothing until after the deadline? I didn’t think they sent out enough acceptances already to fill a class.

If I’m reading that right, I’m confused as to why they wouldn’t at least send rejections out if almost everyone who interviewed is essentially waitlisted. That’s a long waitlist already from what I’ve seen and keeping everyone in limbo is such an odd approach.

I already started filling out my VMCAS for this upcoming cycle. I only applied to three schools this past cycle since I was late to apply but will apply for more for sure. I'm so sad about this cycle.

Sooo does that mean that they’ve already sent out enough acceptances to fill a class? And does that also mean we just hear nothing until after April 15??

Okay admissions just said Only acceptances have been sent thus far, no denials or no more interview invites have been sent. Those that have already received acceptances have until the deadline, after that if the class is not at it’s capacity, then more offers will go out.
Where did you see this?

If that is true then that means they sent enough acceptances in December to fill the class. And we won’t hear until after April 15th. Honestly this makes kind of sense because I also know LMU is very lenient with their deferral process so I’m sure there are a solid number of those from last cycle that they had to preserve seats for

First, let me say thank you "Katnaps" for contacting admissions.

I keep rereading that post and I see it one of two ways...

Option 1: All acceptances have been sent to fill the class and everyone else is waitlisted til after April 15th when some decline
Option 2: Only acceptances have been sent. Not necessarily ALL of them to fill the class. Therefore, the class is not full yet. We still may have to wait til April 15th (or not) but it is better then if it is full.

I think it is option 2 because I have not seen enough people say they were accepted. Yes I know not everyone is on this sight. But I really really hunt for the data and I just haven't seen it.

Did they word it in any way that said ALL acceptances or ONLY acceptances have been sent.

I like to think this way... unless I get a hard NO I am still considering it as a possibility.

i don’t think they would send out enough acceptances to where the class would be full in december if they say they extend offers through april…but also nobody knows much other than admissions so we just have to wait and see

For me I am extra confused because I still have not even interviewed yet so I am like should I assume rejection? I find it unlikely that they would do more interviews post April 15

For me I am extra confused because I still have not even interviewed yet so I am like should I assume rejection? I find it unlikely that they would do more interviews post April 15
I haven’t interviewed either and I assumed the same but I emailed admissions last week just to check and they said I was currently on the waitlist. I’m not really sure how that works and if it’s more just haven’t looked at my application yet but maybe try emailing them too!

I haven’t interviewed either and I assumed the same but I emailed admissions last week just to check and they said I was currently on the waitlist. I’m not really sure how that works and if it’s more just haven’t looked at my application yet but maybe try emailing them too!
They said that to me the first time I emailed them a few weeks ago and I asked what that meant and they clarified that they meant interview waitlist but at this point I am like are they really going to conduct more interviews?

They said that to me the first time I emailed them a few weeks ago and I asked what that meant and they clarified that they meant interview waitlist but at this point I am like are they really going to conduct more interviews?
if they’re planning on conducting more interviews then they definitely didn’t send out all acceptances

Man I know LMU is known for being ambiguous with their admissions process but this year feels like a whole new level

I emailed this, "Since I have not been interviewed, should I assume I am rejected since there are no more interview invites? " updates to come

I can almost guarantee they have not sent out a full class of acceptances. MANY more people would be on this thread saying “accepted!”