Long Island University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you guys think that at the point of completing the interview, thats what determines whether or not were in? lets say someone didnt have a good interview, does that mean theyre definitely rejected?
During the interview, I (and almost everyone from CW post that took the interview) was told that we would get a response during the last week of April.

Members don't see this ad.

I finished my application to this school on Jan 5th and have yet to hear back from the pharmacy school. I have gotten information from the financial aid office and the transfer office about upcoming events. I am assuming a rejection letter is on the way?!?! Are they still conducting interviews?

I finished my application to this school on Jan 5th and have yet to hear back from the pharmacy school. I have gotten information from the financial aid office and the transfer office about upcoming events. I am assuming a rejection letter is on the way?!?! Are they still conducting interviews?
you didn't get in if you haven't gotten an interview by now. last week of march was the latest possible interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, who is excited for coming week? :)
I am, I really want to move to new york so I can't wait. I was accepted at Touro however, I rather go to LIU just because it is accredited. I wonder what people think about the school, should I stay with Touro or attend LIU (if accepted)?

I am, I really want to move to new york so I can't wait. I was accepted at Touro however, I rather go to LIU just because it is accredited. I wonder what people think about the school, should I stay with Touro or attend LIU (if accepted)?

I would go to LIU over Touro

Hey everyone. I'm about to finish P3 at LIU, and I came from another University with a BS in Chemistry.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about LIU. I only ask that you give me a while to respond because I may not check this site every day.

I do have a question for those of you who claim to have worked with awful LIU graduates: in your opinion, why were they so bad?

LAST WEEK OF APRIL....decision letters going out this week!!!

how did you check? its kinda strange that they havent made a decision but they say we should hear end of april..the feeling i got when i called themw as that we wont be hearing soon...ahh this sucks!!!
They still havent made a decision when I checked on friday :confused:.

Members don't see this ad :)
ahh im worrying too!! is LIU ur top choice? i called them today too and they said their 'currently sending them out' so we should get them this or next week...
Man Im worrying so much about this letter. They said this week or next week.

Im too. I wonder how many transfer students had liu interviews... :/

All of it in person.

are u a current liu student or a transfer?

btw ive been accepted into the touro college of pharm in ny..aside from the accreditation, which would u guys choose if u were accepted into both touro and liu?

hopefully well hear from liu soon

are u a current liu student or a transfer?

btw ive been accepted into the touro college of pharm in ny..aside from the accreditation, which would u guys choose if u were accepted into both touro and liu?

hopefully well hear from liu soon

I am on the same boat, if I was to be accepted at LIU I wouldn't know how to choose between LIU or Touro. I was hoping to find out what some of you think about this.

I am on the same boat, if I was to be accepted at LIU I wouldn't know how to choose between LIU or Touro. I was hoping to find out what some of you think about this.
i am so unsure..i liked touro alot when i visited, and i like that it is smaller class size. i feel at liu maybe some students get lost in the crowd bc of such large class (i could be wrong,just my opinion) i like how touro has 2 yrs of rotation..both are almost same distance from my house but the touro commute would be much easier

Accepted!

If you didn't get a letter yet, you'll probably get one on Monday!

It seems that all the LIU prepharm students are getting their letters first. That's ok, I can wait :)

Okay, so let me get this straight. Everyone that has received a letter is for the LIU prepharm program already?

Well, transfer student here, just got my e-mail of acceptance :D, let's check if that letter came in. I must say that this email killed the suspense though, wasn't expecting an email. Good luck to the rest of you!

Transfer student here. I just received the acceptance email at 2pm, what a total surprise! I didn't believe it at first! :D

I am a transfer. Accepted!!! Got the email today at 2:01pm

Well, transfer student here, just got my e-mail of acceptance :D, let's check if that letter came in. I must say that this email killed the suspense though, wasn't expecting an email. Good luck to the rest of you!
congrats, i know u were worried!! congrats to everyone else too ^_^

What is the minimum grade you need in your remaining classes after being accepted?

its also weird they haven't sent out rejections...just got into Hawaii Pharm School