Long island university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You would be crazy to go to LIU for pharmacy school .. In all the years of my life becoming a pharmacist through that school was the worst. If Its your only option go to medical dentistry or PA school instead . Plus pharmacy is saturated you will soon learn, don't say I didn't warn you. Go to touro or St. John if you can

Lol, shut up.

Members don't see this ad.

Can the ones who got accepted let us know their stats?? R u transfers ? Or liu pre pharmacy students??

Can the ones who got accepted let us know their stats?? R u transfers ? Or liu pre pharmacy students??

3.5 gpa,
pcats over 90%
i have a BA but havent taken a single class at liu.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent interview invites for transfer students?

They're still sending out interviews ?

I received an interview invitation on 2/16, and interviewed on 3/4... Has anyone heard about any decisions for March interviews? How long do they usually take to let candidates know about their decision?

Just some info I think i should pass along about this school. I interviewed in 1/16 and i think it was the worst possible interview i went to do to the lack of pride and enthusiasm by the professors towards the school. I asked one professor while waiting to be interviewed, why is students coming from out of different doors in the building. Her reply "Because we're broke" That was a shock to the system right before the interview!! Next, another professor shows up and starts profusely cursing out the school and their lack of appreciation for their staff. Ill close the case there because the interview is "confidential".

Just some info I think i should pass along about this school. I interviewed in 1/16 and i think it was the worst possible interview i went to do to the lack of pride and enthusiasm by the professors towards the school. I asked one professor while waiting to be interviewed, why is students coming from out of different doors in the building. Her reply "Because we're broke" That was a shock to the system right before the interview!! Next, another professor shows up and starts profusely cursing out the school and their lack of appreciation for their staff. Ill close the case there because the interview is "confidential".

So are you going to attend though

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA 3.56 (science GPA 3.30), PCAT is 380, don't know how much in percent., but know that it's a minimum, no experience in pharmacy, just volunteering for summer.

You would be crazy to go to LIU for pharmacy school .. In all the years of my life becoming a pharmacist through that school was the worst. If Its your only option go to medical dentistry or PA school instead . Plus pharmacy is saturated you will soon learn, don't say I didn't warn you. Go to touro or St. John if you can

While I agree LIU SUCKSSSS!! Don't scare the kids saying pharmacy is saturated. It's possible to find jobs regardless, you just need to be motivated!!

Hey guys, I was in your same position last year applying to LIU pharmacy as a transfer student....I got in and now I'm almost done with my first professional year of the program.

Ehh, what can I say...LIU isn't a great school to be honest...but you will get by and get your degree and that's what matters so it's not so bad!

Dont believe whoever tell you that you can't find a job. In the fall semester, I looked for a job and got one within 2 weeks. Now I'm a pharmacy Intern with CVS and pretty satisfied.

If you have any questions at any time, do let me know and I'm sure I can help you out.

Welcome to LIU :)

So are you going to attend though

Are you kidding me, I wouldnt attend if they paid me! Ive been to over 8-9 interviews and none (even some pre-candidate universities) were as bad as I witnessed at LIU. Lets just say its not for everyone including me.

Are you kidding me, I wouldnt attend if they paid me! Ive been to over 8-9 interviews and none (even some pre-candidate universities) were as bad as I witnessed at LIU. Lets just say its not for everyone including me.

omg, you are so sensitive :) heard few words during interview, and that's it, scared lol

Been to a lot of interviews as well. As you stated you are right about the interview process being quick. However, LIU was actually one of the best interview I had, because they asked me case based questions while other places didnt. You just go in, you just go out, there was no tour. I think that's why you didn't like it. As for the doors, the doors lead to our compounding labs or outside to the library. Maybe even to our lecture halls across to the other building.

As stated earlier, I entered this school the same way as one of the poster stated. After a year, i was like blah... I think it's just the exam though. The professors here are good, but studying is intense. I mean what pharmacy school isn't intense, people i talk to from other pharmacy schools complain about their pharmacy school as well.

You study and you pass, pharmacy school isn't that hard.

Last edited:
Been to a lot of interviews as well. As you stated you are right about the interview process being quick. However, LIU was actually one of the best interview I had, because they asked me case based questions while other places didnt. You just go in, you just go out, there was no tour. I think that's why you didn't like it. As for the doors, the doors lead to our compounding labs or outside to the library. Maybe even to our lecture halls across to the other building.

As stated earlier, I entered this school the same way as one of the poster stated. After a year, i was like blah... I think it's just the exam though. The professors here are good, but studying is intense. I mean what pharmacy school isn't intense, people i talk to from other pharmacy schools complain about their pharmacy school as well.

You study and you pass, pharmacy school isn't that hard.

By coming out of every door i mean interviewees not students, coming out of every office. I don't discredit the school in anyway because i know their preceptors are very in tuned and you will get terrific hands on experience from what i hear (Being that it is at the epicenter of one of the busiest cities work driven cities). Case-based? not in my interview at all. Maybe it was my impressions of my particular interviewers that rubbed me the wrong way but i did not have a flattering experience there. I mean everybody's experiences are different but i have heard a lot of negatives rather than positives about this school.

All I was doing was passing down some information to those who are getting ready to make their decisions. Im no expert, just a story teller.

Thank you for providing your experience! Great to hear from a current student.

omg, you are so sensitive :) heard few words during interview, and that's it, scared lol

hahaha not that at all my friend its many other factors including interview and current student feedback. I actually was in a dorm room full of 10-15 pharm students and they all said the same thing.

guys, those who accepted, after criminal background and drug test what should we do? anybody got second letter about how to register?

Hey guys, did anyone start a facebook page for the 2017 class?

Tuition for this year just hiked to 20 k per term %#^*#^*#*

Anybody applying to LIU this year??I applied back in mid October and yet no decision. Do you know if they usually call/email if they pick for interviews or just dont inform students if they r rejected

From the past, I have heard that they email. What does your supplemental application section say for LIU on your Pharmcas app?

Have anyone applied to LIU and heard back from them yet? or an interview invite??

I got an offer for interview in late December and went two weeks ago. It was quick and pretty informal. I believe you should hear within the next month if you get an interview or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten into the interview process to LIU? (transfer students)

Has anyone gotten into the interview process to LIU? (transfer students)
I submitted pharmcas mid Oct and have not heard back from them for interview. They only sent me email saying my application has been received and a bunch of financial aid info.

Are you LIU undergrad student?

OMG I woke up to an email from LIU saying they've made an "admission decision" on my application but not whether I got in or not! To boot when I try to activate my LIU account with my SSN and birthday, it gives me an error.

Congratulation!! :) When was your interview? Are you transfer student?

I interviewed with LIU Feb 10th and I can say that I was not impressed with the interview process. I have had longer job interviews than my interview here. They were far from welcoming and seemed to try to talk me out of pharmacy. I got accepted to another school so if they send me an acceptance letter I will be sending it right back. I hope someone that deserves the spot is able to get it. The interview process should be a two way street the school should be trying to sell itself to the potential students. Most students don't just interview for one school so they should be trying to get students to want to come to the school if granted two letters of acceptance.

I've applied to them in back to back years and not once heard anything past a "we've received everything we need and we're going over your application" email.

I've applied to them in back to back years and not once heard anything past a "we've received everything we need and we're going over your application" email.

Same here. After that, they email me a bunch of emails about financial aid workshops. When you say back to back, did they even send you a rejection letter at the end? Are you a transfer?

Same here. After that, they email me a bunch of emails about financial aid workshops. When you say back to back, did they even send you a rejection letter at the end? Are you a transfer?

Tranfer student and nope no rejection letter.

Got an acceptance email two weeks ago, still waiting on the packet...

Did anyone who interviewed in March get a decision letter yet?

Did anyone who interviewed in March get a decision letter yet?
I interviewed on March 18 and I got an email yesterday placing me on the wait list. I'm not too worried bc I have an interview with touro on the 29th

I interviewed on March 18 and I got an email yesterday placing me on the wait list. I'm not too worried bc I have an interview with touro on the 29th

Awww. Are you a transfer student or LIU student? I also interviewed on March 18, but still have not heard back from them. Good luck on your Touro interview!

Awww. Are you a transfer student or LIU student? I also interviewed on March 18, but still have not heard back from them. Good luck on your Touro interview!
Thanks! I'm a bio major at LIU

Thanks! I'm a bio major at LIU
Would you happen to know if the pharmacy program is full now in its roster for accepted students? Bc I know they prefer their own LIU students vs. Transfers. I don't know if I should call them up and ask about my admissions status. Thanks.