Long island university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glhm93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What GPA and PCAT standards does LIU usually look for from their pre-pharmacy applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

My guess is ~3.4 gpa and 70 percentile PCAT? I got an interview request today! Anyone else here joining me? :)

I got an interview this morning too! Have you tried scheduling it yet? I went on the site they provided but the link won't work. I don't know if it's just my computer or there's actually something wrong with the site.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, got it! Scheduled for the 21st too

I am having an issue with the supplemental, it doesn't open up on the PharmCas site as well as School site, any suggestions?

PharmedOut, if you are a transfer student you could just fill their online app but if you are an incoming freshmen then you would have to fill out the common application and specify LIU as one of the schools your applying to.

But wait, the deadline was 01/02/2013 if am not mistaken so you might be too late if your a transfer student

For those who recieved an interview, do you mind sharing if you are in LIU for undergrad? I was told transfer students dont get their applications reviewed till February/

I'm not an LIU undergrad and I got my interview request on 1.2.2013

Congratulations on getting an interview guys. If you guys don't mind, can you share your stats? Thanks in advance!

is it just me or are the interviews only for the next 2 weeks?

SamKPharma: im a transfer. havent taken classes at LIU at all.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
got an interview invite last week and scheduled for Jan 16th
stats: gpa-3.47 (science-3.32) pcat-79th percentile
transfer student

Just submitted my academic update , didnt get an invite and application still says initiated on the liu application form. Any help or chance I will get an invite soon?
Btw my gpa is 3.3

i interviewed here yesterday seemed like a pretty dope place..it was a brutal walk from the train station to the school in 6 degree weather tho.

I still haven't received an invite maybe bc my final transcipt just got verified and hasent been mailed yet. Hey exonuclease what were your stats

3.82 GPA. PCAT ~ 80ish LIU Pre-Pharmacy student.

Interview completed on 1/17

I received my invite my invite on 1/2/13 and that was about a week before the school received my academic update. Are you an LIU student?

I received my invite my invite on 1/2/13 and that was about a week before the school received my academic update. Are you an LIU student?

No I'm a transfer but I haven't received an invite yet. I just sent out my update which consists of calculus and organic chemistry 1 so I assume they want to see those grades before they make a decision . I'm not sure if I will even recieve an invite at this point :/

Ok, so here is the situation.

The LIU interview scheduling website (Liupharmd.net) doesn't display any future interview appointments, which would mean that all interviews have been conducted, and the admissions process is complete. In addition, during my interview, the professors told me that letters would be mailed to students around mid-February. Both of these facts would lead me to deduce that admissions is complete.

However, one of my professors in LIU, who happens to be a pharmacist, mentioned during his lecture that he was conduction an interview in March?! Additionally, I know several of my classmates who haven't received interview invites (although they are decent students). Is LIU conducting two rounds of admission? I don't know, but whatever is going on this cycle is just strange. Interviews have always been conducted in March & April, however this year we were interviewed in January, and will be accepted in February.

Have faith, and good luck.

Yeah I hope so on its pharmcas school pages it says that interviews start in feb and run through march
I don't know I just hope I get an invite soon

tictoctictoctictoc......

Last edited:
Just confirmed: Interviews are being conducted until mid-March.

Last edited:
Just got interviewed today ,, it wasnt bad at all, two people interviewed me, one of them is an alumni ..
My stats : 3.95 GPA .. I dont know my overall pcat percentile .. Transfer student with an Associates in science ..

Did anyone one else get interviewed yet ??

I haven't received any calls yet :(
I'm sad

I was thinking if anyone has found themselves in this situation:

You've gotten conditionally accepted to LIU and now you don't need that Biochemistry or Microbiology. Will the school look down upon you if you drop non-required courses, meaning... your transcript will show a "W" (?). Or do you think it's better to keep them <?)

I'm still waiting for a call, but I was wondering about this...

I was thinking if anyone has found themselves in this situation:

You've gotten conditionally accepted to LIU and now you don't need that Biochemistry or Microbiology. Will the school look down upon you if you drop non-required courses, meaning... your transcript will show a "W" (?). Or do you think it's better to keep them <?)

I'm still waiting for a call, but I was wondering about this...

Did you receive an interview yet I'm still waiting for mine

do u guys know if they take the pcat scores pretty serious ? i have a 3.95 GPA but a bad pcat and im a transfer student .,.

What was your pcat I'm pretty sure it wasn't worse than mine lol

I think it might be worse .. its 25 percentile :(
chem is 76 percentile .. i did bad in the pcat i wasnt ready at all

Can anyone tell me what types of questions are asked in the interview?
Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me what types of questions are asked in the interview?
Thanks in advance

We all signed non-disclosure agreements, stating that we cannot reveal interview questions in specific detail. If you truly want to be a pharmacist, then the interview will be conducted in a smooth manner, because the process will seem like a fluent conversation; if you are unaware about the profession, and various issues in the profession of pharmacy, then the interview may seem awkward.

Just got interviewed, good luck to you all :)

You would be crazy to go to LIU for pharmacy school .. In all the years of my life becoming a pharmacist through that school was the worst. If Its your only option go to medical dentistry or PA school instead . Plus pharmacy is saturated you will soon learn, don't say I didn't warn you. Go to touro or St. John if you can

You would be crazy to go to LIU for pharmacy school .. In all the years of my life becoming a pharmacist through that school was the worst. If Its your only option go to medical dentistry or PA school instead . Plus pharmacy is saturated you will soon learn, don't say I didn't warn you. Go to touro or St. John if you can

Do you mind elaborating ?
Granted I've heard the same but still am confused why

Just got my offer of admission. Not sure whether to go here or University at Buffalo. Even though the latter is a better and cheaper school, I ultimately want to practice in NYC and I feel like LIU will get me better connections. Anyone else thinking about going here as well?

Hey did you send all of your transcripts to the liu processing center?

Same here I just received my acceptance by E-mail, sent by the Dean. I am not quite sure if it is official.

Same here. Got the acceptance email. Not sure if I'm going to attend though

Just received my acceptance by email this morning. Said the formal admission decision packet will be sent out this week, going to think hard about this one.

Just got my offer of admission. Not sure whether to go here or University at Buffalo. Even though the latter is a better and cheaper school, I ultimately want to practice in NYC and I feel like LIU will get me better connections. Anyone else thinking about going here as well?

I'm in the same boat. I already deposited for Buffalo and got accepted into LIU but I think i'm gonna stick with buffalo. I'm also from NYC and want to practice there in the future but if you think about it, you're receiving the same education (if not a better one) for a cheaper price. You'll still be in the state of NY so you'll know all the pharmacy laws. Plus, buffalo is a pretty well known school so it won't be hard to find a job in NYC. Think about the long run. Do you really want to be that much in debt?

Let me get this straight everyone that interviewed in January got their decision . Did anyone that interviewed in February get their decision yet?