LSU Applicants c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looked through my email from last year and we were told at 4:55 pm that admissions committee had made final decisions and all status updates had been made. I can't wait for 5:00 to get here!

Members don't see this ad.

They just posted a Facebook status saying that it's going to be tomorrow :(

Yeah it says arkansas and louisiana, so I guess OOS is still going to be today?

Members don't see this ad :)
My dogs woke me up at the usual time this morning. Don't they know how miserable I am when I am conscious? I wish I had some sdn friends to get together with today and play cards or build Lego fortresses. I'm going to be all alone with no work or class all day :(

My dogs woke me up at the usual time this morning. Don't they know how miserable I am when I am conscious? I wish I had some sdn friends to get together with today and play cards or build Lego fortresses. I'm going to be all alone with no work or class all day :(

Awww...I will fortunately be in class from 2:30-6 eastern time, aka during the time I would be most frantically checking my status, so once I'm done with class I should know either way! :scared:

If I didn't have class/was near you, I'd totally build Lego fortresses with you.

Awww...I will fortunately be in class from 2:30-6 eastern time, aka during the time I would be most frantically checking my status, so once I'm done with class I should know either way! :scared:

If I didn't have class/was near you, I'd totally build Lego fortresses with you.

You have the perfect schedule. Haha thanks EC for saying you would play with little kid toys with me if you could :)

You have the perfect schedule. Haha thanks EC for saying you would play with little kid toys with me if you could :)

‎*checks LSU status* THE BOX IS ORANGE! IT CHANGED! ...the date last updated was the 15th? IT DOESN'T SAY INVITED TO INTERVIEW! IT SAYS CONGRATULATIONS! ...I don't understand this, but I GOT IN!!!

Turns out I get to find out at lunch. I'm in! Fingers crossed for you, BluePegasus! :luck::luck:

No longer under consideration :(.... well, this is sad. :(

Same. No longer under consideration :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! I'll be seeing y'all in the fall!!

‎*checks LSU status* THE BOX IS ORANGE! IT CHANGED! ...the date last updated was the 15th? IT DOESN'T SAY INVITED TO INTERVIEW! IT SAYS CONGRATULATIONS! ...I don't understand this, but I GOT IN!!!

Turns out I get to find out at lunch. I'm in! Fingers crossed for you, BluePegasus! :luck::luck:

CONGRAAATS!!!! you've got big decisions to make!!!

Accepted OOS. Strange for an arkansas resident eh?

Ouch LSU. Well there goes my chance of paying in state tuition. Would have been nice. On the bright side, I still have K-state which is a better fit for me, and now I don't have to feel guilty about paying twice the price by choice : ) Congrats everyone!

Any OOSers want to share any notes about LSU from their tour and such? I'm IS so I got no love and am trying to gather information to make my decision.

Has anyone made a facebook page for the c/o 2017 yet?! Can't wait to meet all of you!

I'm in!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! Congrats LSU c/o 2017

Any OOSers want to share any notes about LSU from their tour and such? I'm IS so I got no love and am trying to gather information to make my decision.

I'd be happy to answer any questions for yah. I'm from Minnesota and absolutely LOVEDDDD my experience visiting LSU!

Just requested to join the LSU c/o 2017 FB page!!! So excited!

abbercadaver, any chance you could post some pros/cons for LSU in the Factors to Consider thread for those of us trying to make a decision?

Hey everyone. I've been struggling with making a decision between LSU and UPenn. Anyone have any advice???

Hey everyone. I've been struggling with making a decision between LSU and UPenn. Anyone have any advice???

I'm deciding between Mizzou and LSU. Not super helpful since 1) I still haven't decided yet and 2) I'm IS so LSU didn't give me a ton of information.

I'm deciding between Mizzou and LSU. Not super helpful since 1) I still haven't decided yet and 2) I'm IS so LSU didn't give me a ton of information.

Oh man :/ well I'm OOS at both of my options but if it helps, I absolutely loved LSU and all of the students were super helpful. If I had an IS option, I would definitely choose it because money is definitely a major factor. But unfortunately, both my options will cost me about the same..... A LOT :(

Are there any current LSU students still following this thread that could help us out??? Pretty please???

Oh man :/ well I'm OOS at both of my options but if it helps, I absolutely loved LSU and all of the students were super helpful. If I had an IS option, I would definitely choose it because money is definitely a major factor. But unfortunately, both my options will cost me about the same..... A LOT :(

Are there any current LSU students still following this thread that could help us out??? Pretty please???

Can you expand on what you loved about LSU? I have so much more info on Missouri that it's really tough for me to decide.

Also, Missouri lets you get IS tuition after the first year, so the cost difference isn't that big. I'm choosing between my two cheapest options.

Can you expand on what you loved about LSU? I have so much more info on Missouri that it's really tough for me to decide.

Also, Missouri lets you get IS tuition after the first year, so the cost difference isn't that big. I'm choosing between my two cheapest options.

Yea sure! I had 3 interviews after my LSU interview so I don't remember EVERYTHING, but i'll try to give you some info. The OOS interviews were during the open house so we got to see alot of the clubs at the vet school and the organizations in the area. There is a club for anything you can imagine. I also really liked that the fact that they have a huge variety of electives to choose from that could get you more hands on experience, and you can start taking them your second semester (if I remember correctly).

I plan on going into Neurology, but I'm really interested in Wildlife and they have an association with a zoo and a raptor clinic (once again, if i remember correctly). The first years took us on a tour the night of the welcome reception and we got to see the owls they keep.

All the students and faculty were SOOO welcoming. At the welcome reception, I got the feeling that they really wanted us to go there not because its a business and they want our money, but because they really just want us to love the school and everything it has to offer. Maybe I felt that way because I'm from New Jersey and we don't have alot very nice people like that around here.

That's all I can think of right now. I hope it helps! If i remember anything else, ill let you know.

Thanks, Lala!

All the students and faculty were SOOO welcoming. At the welcome reception, I got the feeling that they really wanted us to go there not because its a business and they want our money, but because they really just want us to love the school and everything it has to offer. Maybe I felt that way because I'm from New Jersey and we don't have alot very nice people like that around here.

Thank you for this! I got that at Missouri, but all I had at LSU was interview and out--no welcoming committee for me. I'm glad to hear there is a good, welcoming community even if I didn't get to see it when I was there. :)

One of the faculty members at LSU is apparently an alum of my undergrad. I emailed him today and he's already making me feel a lot better about potentially going there. :)

If you've accepted an offer of admission: Some of the welcoming packet documents are up in the status check portal. :thumbup: Some important emails have gone out too so if you didn't get them check your spam folder!

One of the faculty members at LSU is apparently an alum of my undergrad. I emailed him today and he's already making me feel a lot better about potentially going there. :)

That's actually really cool and surprised me for a minute until I remembered hpw many of our grads I know that are in vet school now...

If you've accepted an offer of admission: Some of the welcoming packet documents are up in the status check portal. :thumbup: Some important emails have gone out too so if you didn't get them check your spam folder!

I can see in the checklist that they got my acceptance form, but where are the welcoming packet documents?

There should be links to pdfs in the "Current Status" section (section before the checklist).

Did your status actually change, then? Mine still says "congratulations, we're offering you a seat, download acceptance form." But then on the checklist it says they got the acceptance form...I'm probably going to end up calling tomorrow, aren't I?

Did your status actually change, then? Mine still says "congratulations, we're offering you a seat, download acceptance form." But then on the checklist it says they got the acceptance form...I'm probably going to end up calling tomorrow, aren't I?

Haha, sounds like you will be calling. :laugh: I think my status changed to "Official Acceptance Form Received!" 2-3 days after I sent in my form. Don't remember exactly. But the welcome packet wasn't published then, so I dunno what the time frame should be now.

They gave me a checkmark for it! Why didn't they change my status? Augh.

So I officially accepted my offer to attend LSU in the Fall. I am an OOSer and I am looking for suggestion on housing. Should certain areas or apartment complexes be avoided at all costs? I am also would really prefer to have a roommate if anyone is looking for one!

Currently, I have no pets that I am bringing with the exception of possibly a horse.

Check the fb group (I think there's a link earlier in the thread); a bunch of people have been talking about roommates.