MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know anyone that interviewed and didn't get accepted? I had my interview today and I was so nervous, I don't think it went too well but I hope I will receive acceptance though =(.

If not, I wonder how many students have been denied so far from MCPHS?

Hey, I had similar concern. I had my interview yesterday and I am not sure if I did well. So I was wondering if there has been someone who have been rejected after interview? I haven't heard of one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know anyone that interviewed and didn't get accepted? I had my interview today and I was so nervous, I don't think it went too well but I hope I will receive acceptance though =(.

If not, I wonder how many students have been denied so far from MCPHS?
Congrats...hope it goes well for you....I'm sure you did great. What was your impression of the school and the interview?

The area itself was nice, I was impressed by the cleanliness of the facility. I think I would attend if I got accepted. I felt nervous during the interview and the interviewer was kind of intimidating. Haha hopefully I did well enough.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I had similar concern. I had my interview yesterday and I am not sure if I did well. So I was wondering if there has been someone who have been rejected after interview? I haven't heard of one yet.

Who did you have as the interviewer?

october 19th!!! im excited and nervous, any advice????

jerbearox,

congrats , when did u apply and send ur supplemental , i still havent heard anything

jerbearox,

congrats , when did u apply and send ur supplemental , i still havent heard anything

pharmcas submitted aug 8, supplemental submitted sept 8, received interview invite sept 26.

Hey guys!!! I have my interview tomorrow, im so nervous!!!!!Did you guys bring a anything with you (notepad, pen..)???

Hey guys!!! I have my interview tomorrow, im so nervous!!!!!Did you guys bring a anything with you (notepad, pen..)???
I had my interview on Monday. You basically need nothing to bring to the interview. I would say just take a pen and a piece of paper with you in case you need to write something down. Also, keep an ID with you in case the security officer asks you for that. They did not ask me for the ID though. Don't be nervous. You'll do fine.

I'm just curious, did anymore people get accepted and how many students have they accepted so far?

I got the interview invitation letter a few days ago. If I schedule my interview in early November (like Nov.1), do you think it's too late? Do you recommend to have interview as soon as possible? I was wondering because I think many people are already accepted so my chance could be lower.

I got the interview invitation letter a few days ago. If I schedule my interview in early November (like Nov.1), do you think it's too late? Do you recommend to have interview as soon as possible? I was wondering because I think many people are already accepted so my chance could be lower.
No, I think that's fine. I scheduled last week for Oct 29th. This is still pretty early in the cycle. Best of luck!

Yep, I applied to the Accelerated Program- Worcester. How about everyone else??? Hopefully the same =)

How was your interview?????

I have mine in October 21st and I'm very nervous.
This is the first and only pharmacy school I applied to, thus my first interview ever.:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
How was your interview? What's the format of it? I heard that it is only one person interviewing you not a panel, is this true?

Thanks! My interview is on Nov. 2. Are you going to rent a car? I'm under 21 and I really want to rent a car but it's so complicated because of my age.

Hey, for the people who interviewed last week have you heard anything yet?!?!?

Nothing yet =( I interviewed on Friday I think it went really well my interviewer even gave me thumbs up... But now I'm starting to worry

Thank you pharmacopoeia.

I'm sure you'll receive a notice soon, pharmmd. It took me a while to get a response, about 4 business day. I interviewed Tuesday and received my letter Saturday. And who was your interviewer, pharmmd?

Those of you who interviewed already, how long did you guys write the essay?? How long is recommended? What would happen if I don't even fill one page? I'm so worried about the writing portion because English is my second language. I hope they ask me really easy questions so I can answer it easily.

Thank you pharmacopoeia.

I'm sure you'll receive a notice soon, pharmmd. It took me a while to get a response, about 4 business day. I interviewed Tuesday and received my letter Saturday. And who was your interviewer, pharmmd?

Congratulationssss!!! Is this your first choice?!? Dr Conway

Nothing yet =( I interviewed on Friday I think it went really well my interviewer even gave me thumbs up... But now I'm starting to worry

What is the interview style?
I keep hearing that it is very conversational but my professors are telling me to know school history and such?

I'm so NERVOUS!!!!

It's one of my top choices, I plan to wait for more responses from other school but most likely I'm going to attend mcphs since it's 3 years. Get in and get out quick is my plan ��. Haha I had Dr. Atwood.

Dd u guys receive a big package for the acceptance or was it a letter my mom just called me and said that a big package arrived

Thank you!! Yayyyy!! I'm stuck at school and I really want to go home=( I told my mom to open it and she told me I was accepted!!!

I wish there was a like button, so I can click LIKE! for you. LMAO =) Again, Congratulations!!

First off, congrats to everyone that got accepted and good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear good news!

I applied last year and was not accepted but never received a rejection letter. My admission's counselor actually called me to let know that I was not accepted (is that typical?). I improved both my cumulative and pre-req GPA and applied again this year. But I received a letter today that I have been placed on the waiting list :/. I'm going to email the admissions counselor that reviewed my pre-req grid this year and was wondering what I should ask him?

Last edited:
First off, congrats to everyone that got accepted and good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear good news!

I applied last year and was not accepted but never received a rejection letter. My admission's counselor actually called me to let know that I was not accepted (is that typical?). I improved both my cumulative and pre-req GPA and applied again this year. But I received a letter today that I have been placed on the waiting list :/. I'm going to email the admissions counselor that reviewed my pre-req grid this year and was wondering what I should ask him?

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. How about the reason for rejection last year and why waiting list this year? How can you make your application more competitive for next year in case you don't get off the list? I was on the waiting list last year but never got off the list. I have worked really hard to make my application more competitive, higher gpa and more volunteer work is what they suggested me. Let me what they say to you. I wish you very best of luck.

Hey, for the people who plan to attend what did you decide for housing?!?!

Those of you who interviewed already, how long did you guys write the essay?? How long is recommended? What would happen if I don't even fill one page? I'm so worried about the writing portion because English is my second language. I hope they ask me really easy questions so I can answer it easily.

English is my second language too, and my writing is awful!! Don't worry about it, You should be able to write a full page they give you five prompts its not difficult.. Good Luck!!!!

How was your interview?????

I have mine in October 21st and I'm very nervous.
This is the first and only pharmacy school I applied to, thus my first interview ever.:scared:

Do not worry its very laid back.. I was soooooo nervous and became very relaxed as soon as i got there.. Denise is the nicest person you will ever meet.. Everyone is extremely welcoming!!! You will do great.. Good luck

Thank you so much!!!
6 more days and I will be there!!!

I guess now that it is closer I'm less nervous.
Hows the weather? I hope its nice so I can go sight-seeing.

just had my interview. it went great! (i think) but really the staff was incredibly nice and i didn't feel anxious at all. i'm really hoping to get admitted, i love this school!

Hi guys, my pharmcas app was mailed on 10/7 and I finished my supplemental on the same date. No news from them yet and I having problems reaching them:scared: how long did it take for everyone to receive a letter after submitted all their apps? Thanks!:thumbup:

Hi guys, my pharmcas app was mailed on 10/7 and I finished my supplemental on the same date. No news from them yet and I having problems reaching them:scared: how long did it take for everyone to receive a letter after submitted all their apps? Thanks!:thumbup:

Esubmitted 8/8. Supp 9/8. Interview invite 9/26. Interview 10/19.

Congratulations Jebearox and good luck - I hope you get in! I have an interview on the 29th.... What did you like about it?

Esubmitted on 8/23, supp on 8/25. Offer for interview on 10/1, interview on Oct 29th. (it was my choice to go so late - a timing thing with my mid term exams and other interviews)

Congratulations Jebearox and good luck - I hope you get in! I have an interview on the 29th.... What did you like about it?

the establishment is amazing. its clean and modern. more than plenty of places to study. the overall atmosphere just feels great. dorms are wonderful, they bought out an old hotel and turned it into dorms! the staff friendly. the area around the school is awesome. there are 3-4 more colleges all next door. don't listen to those reviews saying that the town is ghetto or anything, it really is nice.

also, i like the curriculum. you have a chance to take elective courses which can be practically ANYTHING. and if you don't find anything you truly like then you can even talk to professors to see if you can work along side with them for projects to present at conventions and what not. there are alot of opportunities out there and they push for their students to take initiative, to find out what works best for them.

Last edited:
the establishment is amazing. its clean and modern. more than plenty of places to study. the overall atmosphere just feels great. dorms are wonderful, they bought out an old hotel and turned it into dorms! the staff friendly. the area around the school is awesome. there are 3-4 more colleges all next door. don't listen to those reviews saying that the town is ghetto or anything, it really is nice.

also, i like the curriculum. you have a chance to take elective courses which can be practically ANYTHING. and if you don't find anything you truly like then you can even talk to professors to see if you can work along side with them for projects to present at conventions and what not. there are alot of opportunities out there and they push for their students to take initiative, to find out what works best for them.
Great! So excited to see it and get a feel for the place. Any words of advice for the interview process? I'd be interested to know the types of questions they asked you...Will you fill out the feedback survey in the interview feedback section?

Great! So excited to see it and get a feel for the place. Any words of advice for the interview process? I'd be interested to know the types of questions they asked you...Will you fill out the feedback survey in the interview feedback section?

the essay topics are easy and straight forward. i noticed that asking alot of questions during the tour made the one-on-one interview much less stressful. in fact, mine was extremely casual. it lasted about 45 minutes. the first 10 minutes talking about the curriculum and community service opportunities, next 10 minutes answering why pharmacy? why mcphs? when did i know that pharmacy for me, last 25 minutes just chopping it up about the city :laugh:, giving me the opportunity to ask questions (i asked alot). it seemed like a conversation rather than an interrogation. by the end of it the interview, my interviewer was giving me advice as to what sites i can see while im here such as the art museum which is incredible and amazing restaurants on shrewsbury street.

the essay topics are easy and straight forward. i noticed that asking alot of questions during the tour made the one-on-one interview much less stressful. in fact, mine was extremely casual. it lasted about 45 minutes. the first 10 minutes talking about the curriculum and community service opportunities, next 10 minutes answering why pharmacy? why mcphs? when did i know that pharmacy for me, last 25 minutes just chopping it up about the city :laugh:, giving me the opportunity to ask questions (i asked alot). it seemed like a conversation rather than an interrogation. by the end of it the interview, my interviewer was giving me advice as to what sites i can see while im here such as the art museum which is incredible and amazing restaurants on shrewsbury street.
Awesome...it seems as though everyone that interviews has really favorable things to say about the experience. I'm excited to see it next monday and interact with the staff a bit. Thanks for all your comments. Is this your first choice?

How long is the wait after the supplemental application is completed? I completed mine last week. I am thinking that I am too late in the process, hopefully I am somehow lucky enough to get a interview.

Good Luck to everyone that gets a interview, and hope that everyone that got a interview, hope it went well.

Interview 10/19
ACCEPTED 10/22!!!

MCPHS CLASS OF 2016!

Interview 10/19
ACCEPTED 10/22!!!

MCPHS CLASS OF 2016!

Congrats! That was quick! :)
My interview is next friday and I'm nervous.. How was the weather? Is it really cold? I'm going to bring a coat just in case.

Congrats! That was quick! :)
My interview is next friday and I'm nervous.. How was the weather? Is it really cold? I'm going to bring a coat just in case.

cold. bring a sweater (or 2 or 3) and an umbrella!

I had an interview this past Wednesday and don't think it went well, I like the school and it is definitely one of my top choices but the interviewer that I had really kept pressing on my grades, I gave her my explanation but it didn't seem like she was satisfied with my answer and wanted more details about every class that was below a B-, which I had several. I didn't know the answer she really wanted because I planned how to explain my poor grades out in advance. But I reassured her that my undergrad grads did not express my current determination or drive to succeed. And that I have proven that by doing a year of post bacc and completing a MS in bio program. But she seemed like she still wasn't satisfied :(. I kept my composure and continued with the rest of the interview. I just hope I get accepted. All I know was I tried my best, I can't change my past and don't regret it because it made me the person I am today and I'm proud that.