MD and DO school question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If your going to a MD school, you just tell people your in medical school in progress of becoming a doctor. Can you say the same statement if you go to DO school? There is lots of family pressure; it would be nice to say I going to medical school without mentioning DO specifically (no offense to anyone doing DO).

.......This is just an ignorant question. MD=DO, basically.

Don't let me rustle your jimmies. You getting mad at that silly statement just proved I was right! I am a pakistani from a top school; you wish you knew how clever I am. I love how your just jealous of someone's graduation from Columbia College :p Its alright man, not everyone has parental support to get in a top 5 school. Well, I am so thank full to my family for all the pressure because their intentions are good and will only help me be in the top 1% of the country, salary wise. I guess its hard to see where that's coming from but when you go to top 1% of schools, your family just expects more.

Your posts don't indicate any cleverness; rather, they reveal a money/prestige driven individual who lacks social skills.

Your parent's "support" is detrimental to you if they don't have any experience in the medical field. And if your parents are the ones who will dictate your decision in the medical field, it's time to grow a pair and stand up to them. You can't have them controlling your decisions and thinking forever.

Members don't see this ad.

I like to think of it as using my parents as a reinforcement as its been my childhood dream to become a doctor.

Your posts don't indicate any cleverness; rather, they reveal a money/prestige driven individual who lacks social skills.

Your parent's "support" is detrimental to you if they don't have any experience in the medical field. And if your parents are the ones who will dictate your decision in the medical field, it's time to grow a pair and stand up to them. You can't have them controlling your decisions and thinking forever.

I like to think of it as using my parents as a reinforcement as its been my childhood dream to become a doctor.

Then if you become a DO, you should be able to say it with pride. You ARE a doctor and shouldn't have any shame that you aren't an MD, since you still have the same practicing rights.

This thread is pointless, according to your claim that it's been a childhood dream for you to become a doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
I start medical school in the fall, someone please assure me that people like the OP don't really exist at medical school, I'm scuuuuuured :confused:

The opposite approach might be helpful. Say "I'm going to osteopathy school." Most people have no idea what that is. They will google it and find out its medical school.

I interviewed someone once and asked them why they applied MD rather than DO, and they said it was because they wanted to be a doctor and use science and practice medicine.

Basically one of the only two times out of the 100 or so interviews I did where I didn't positively review someone and had to put some real talk in my eval.

And I'm sure the guy ran like hell away from the school after that interview. This is a terrible interview question. Any answer to the question will be controversial and is likely to piss off the kind of people that feel it is worth asking in an interview. He gave the most generic answer that he could and you still flamed him for it. If you need evidence for why this is such a bad question, search these forums for "MD vs. DO" threads. They are all locked for a reason.

The opposite approach might be helpful. Say "I'm going to osteopathy school." Most people have no idea what that is. They will google it and find out its medical school.

Haha people and google? People won't google if their life depended on it. I am just going to tell people I going to medical school, sounds much nicer. Like no one is going to be like, HEY MD or DO and DO prolly has more value than the typical MBBS abroad right?

Haha people and google? People won't google if their life depended on it. I am just going to tell people I going to medical school, sounds much nicer. Like no one is going to be like, HEY MD or DO and DO prolly has more value than the typical MBBS abroad right?

Who cares? You're a doctor and that's all that matters.

If they're like MD or DO, say "the one that can fully practice everything in the United States and is a full doctor."

If they already know that MD=DO then they won't ever think less of you because you're a DO. If they're one of those people who have no idea what a DO is and think it's less than an MD, this sentence will confuse the heck out of them.

Yea like the other dude said, once in a blue moon you get laid when you wife wants to, otherwise if she ain't in the mood, man i don't know how to tell you this but you ain't getting even a sneak preview :p And secondly, please quote the part where I say parents don't want me to become a DO..... maybe if your reading comprehension skills very any good, you wouldn't need to post so often :p

I'm from the south and even I am appalled at your grammatical errors.

I've always been curious as to whether people like macfan are complete dicks in real life or not. I would guess he's really quiet normally and comes online to stroke his E-peen.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

If how you post on here is even a small indication of your personality in real life, you won't have to worry about being an MD or a DO because you will get rejected on interview day.

Don't let me rustle your jimmies. You getting mad at that silly statement just proved I was right! I am a pakistani from a top school; you wish you knew how clever I am. I love how your just jealous of someone's graduation from Columbia College :p Its alright man, not everyone has parental support to get in a top 5 school. Well, I am so thank full to my family for all the pressure because their intentions are good and will only help me be in the top 1% of the country, salary wise. I guess its hard to see where that's coming from but when you go to top 1% of schools, your family just expects more.

Why does everyone think this isn't a troll? You guys obviously didn't score well on the troll section of the TCAT, because this is a textbook case of trolling.

Why does everyone think this isn't a troll? You guys obviously didn't score well on the troll section of the TCAT, because this is a textbook case of trolling.

obviously,

people are discussing for the sake of discussing, not to "enlighten" the OP. And the ones who are -- are probably scoring between a 5-7 on the troll section.

when in history has "separate, but equal" really been equal. DO's are minorities and face the adversities that minorities face... But I'd still rather see a DO than a caribbeaner any-day.

when in history has "separate, but equal" really been equal. DO's are minorities and face the adversities that minorities face... But I'd still rather see a DO than a caribbeaner any-day.

:thumbup:Completely agree. It's great that people acknowledge DO and MD have the same rights and accept them as equal, but, as you already stated, some adversities seen by DOs are not seen by MDs.....or not nearly to the same degree.

Lets qualify them as professional minorities and not pretend that DO's "face the adversities that minorities face".

You would have more hoops to jump through getting your MBBS than you would going to a Caribbean school. Thought someone whose childhood dream of being a doctor, graduating Columbia, getting ready to apply and wishfully thinking he'll be top 1% would have done his research and know this.

But since you want your parents' approval, by all means, go get a MBBS abroad. At least then, they would know for certain that you're a doctor.

Haha I like this one..Thanks

Who cares? You're a doctor and that's all that matters.

If they're like MD or DO, say "the one that can fully practice everything in the United States and is a full doctor."

If they already know that MD=DO then they won't ever think less of you because you're a DO. If they're one of those people who have no idea what a DO is and think it's less than an MD, this sentence will confuse the heck out of them.