Meme WWar GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocEspana

Bullish
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Somewhere deep in the dark recesses of the internet is a place where people cannot return. A graveyard for good programs that have lost their way and slowly broken down into decay. The ground is littered with broken AOL CDs from the late 90s and the corpses of dancing babies. In this dark dark land is where our story begins. Here is a few rogue programs, programs who are tired of endlessly corrupting the intelligence of America with pithy statements and massively repeatable cat faces. Programs that are tired of being 5 second gifs and 10 second youtube clips. These programs no longer want cheeseburgers. They want change. They want death. Quietly in the deepest recesses of the internet these programs hatch a wild plan to spread throughout the most popular websites in the world… or at least the most popular websites for the mindless drivel known as MEMES(!!) and quietly destroy all of these mind-rotting data snippets. One of these programs turns to the other and declares that they must not only disable these programs, but destroy their very souls. They must do something all memes had long since agreed to never do. They must kill and remove the soul of the program, so that no one can ever throw a slapdash caption on them again.

basement-cat-eats-souls.jpg

In Washington DC. Three agents sit around a computer highly curious about how this is supposed to work. They have been told that this program will allow them to interact directly with the memes themselves. Aware of vague chatter hidden deep within the code of the internet, they suspect that Memes everywhere may be under attack. The FBI realizes that if you were to eliminate memes, then the world economy would suddenly spike to record highs, as productivity at work would skyrocket overnight. Unable to accept a world where the populace might be productive enough to actually look around and question the leadership around them, the FBI agents have been given a vital task. They must keep the FBI.gov channels open and capture memes, up to three at time. And use them as their physical avatars in the world to try to stop it. To warn the other memes before it is too late. To find those rogue programs and stop them…. FOR AMERICA!

America.jpg

This is where we find ourselves. The internet websites are saturated with as many memes as each website can hold, at 6. The FBI have the technology to possess three memes at a time in order to try to prevent the coming massacre. It is they who will convince the memes to break their own years-long decisions to avoid all killing… as the world is now a kill or be killed place. All the memes are happy and joyfully spreading their pithy captions in a joyful world, only just now becoming aware of the rogue programming that exists among them. Everyone thinks they were immortal just moments ago, slowly they all come to grips with the idea that a meme just might be able to die from something besides overexposure.

funny-meme-pictures.jpg

DAY 1!!!!

All groups EXCEPT the FBI have to now vote on a group leader. The FBI will always remain leaderless. The FBI group can never exceed three people unless your role specifically mentions your ability allows you to do so. You can PM anyone in your group.

~ Like all DocE games, the deadlines are highly fluid. If you plan on voting last minute, DON’T. I will almost never cut a round short unless the vote is a forgone conclusion, but I am well known for extending them longer if I don’t like participation.

~ There is no rule about voting, but if you don’t participate you will likely be harming the game greatly. This game relies on interactivity quite a bit. Including votes. Including votes cast for people who don’t get lynched. So participate or you will just lessen the total experience.

~ If you edit a post I will probably turn you into a pile of ash.

Deadline is… umm…. 9AM tomorrow. Unless everyone votes nice and early, then maybe we can make the 9AM the night round deadline! So vote quick!

FBI.gov

1. that redhead
2. Swings
3.WS

4Chan

4. FFM
5 SnS
6. dyachei
7. lissarae
8. The LIS
9 nyanko

Memebase

10 DVMD
11 devyn
12 wildcatj
13 SOV
14 Samoa
15 Packen

Facebook

16 PP
17 Nohika
18 Escalla
19 Trema
20 kayd
21 FTB

Reddit

22 foxy
23 JJohnston
24 equineconstant
25 sheepdogpsu
26 WTF
27 DrJojo

Wikipedia

28 hedgie
29 wldlfstdnt
30 tropical toucan
31 Lupin
32 Orcagirl
33 KP

Members don't see this ad.

foxy for reddit group leader.

because of reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
elect foxy my bad

BTW. *MEMBERS OF FBI.GOV*

if you so wish, you may vote for a leader of each other group. But only you three can vote for a leader in each house, since your house will remain leaderless.

Elect dyachei

Also...Doc...what time zone are you in?

elect Lissarae, because she's in my group

Members don't see this ad :)
Elect tropictuco

Because I have loads of time and really want to get involved in this game.

I'm EST. and my only point with the FBI is that they can never be more than 3 people in their group and they have no leader. At least at this point in the game.

***Vote Trem***
Since my name came up! :D

elect nyanko, samoa, trem, wtf, tropical storm

Eh, I'm torn. I wouldn't mind being leader, but looks like my group has already spread out the votes. Going for the under dog. elect SOV

Elect the older old man (SOV)

So DocE matched today and is considerably drunk celebrating being an employed physician.

Feel free to tally votes for me. Won't be ending voting til 9am. We will have a brief night round (feel free to pm ahead of time) and hopefully have night and day schedules aligned to actual diurnal night and days in a round or two.

So DocE matched today and is considerably drunk celebrating being an employed physician.

Feel free to tally votes for me. Won't be ending voting til 9am. We will have a brief night round (feel free to pm ahead of time) and hopefully have night and day schedules aligned to actual diurnal night and days in a round or two.

congrats, DocE!

Dear Villagers -

Don't bother protecting me. I cannot be killed/converted by the wolves (let them try <evil laugh>). Hopefully you will investigate me quickly so I won't get lynched and can be a thorn in the wolves side all game long. I am going to relish this role and torment the wolves as much as I can.

Love,
Protected as if by a firewall....
SOV!!!!!

Congrats! :clap:

scary!

But congrats.

congratulations to DocE. I hope he doesn't practice medicine like he plays WW. Or else his patients will be used, abused, and lied to.

Congrats!!!! :D

Election votes received.

FBI.gov

1. that redhead
2. Swings
3.WS

4Chan
ALL VOTES RECEIVED
4. FFM =3 (WS, nyanko, FFM)
5 SnS =1 (redhead)
6. dyachei =1 (SnS)
7. lissarae = 3 (dyachei, LIS, lissarae)
8. The LIS
9 nyanko =1 (swings)

Memebase
(ALL VOTES RECEIVED)
10 DVMD
11 devyn =3 (samoa, DVMD, Devyn)
12 wildcatj
13 SOV = 4(wildcat, Packen, SOV, WS)
14 Samoa =2(swings, redhead)
15 Packen

Facebook
Missing 2 votes (PP and Nohika)
16 PP
17 Nohika=1 (WS)
18 Escalla
19 Trema = 5 (FTB, escalla, swings, trem, redhead)
20 kayd =1 (kaydubs)
21 FTB

Reddit
Missing 2 votes (EC and Dr.J)
22 foxy=1 (foxy)
23 JJohnston=4 (WS, redhead, sheepie, JJ)
24 equineconstant
25 sheepdogpsu =1 (WTF)
26 WTF =1 (swings)
27 DrJojo

Wikipedia
Missing 1 vote (orcagirl)
28 hedgie =5 (lupin21, kpowell, redhead, wldlfstndt, hedgie)
29 wldlfstdnt
30 tropical toucan =3 (swings, WS, tropic)
31 Lupin
32 Orcagirl
33 KP

and oh so manipulated....

And he'll make really good friends with one patient and claim to be using that info to help all the other patients. Even though he is directly violating hipaa, he'll stick to his guns because he has everyone's best interests at heart. Then he'll stab them in the back...

Unless there is waffling.... here are your results (the missing votes can't change the outcomes unless there is waffling)

1) A tie in 4chan between FFM and Lissarae
2) SOV wins in MEME
3) Trem wins in FB
4) JJ wins in Reddit
5) Hedgie wins in Wikipedia.

If you don't like those outcomes... you know what to do.