Meme WWar GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thinking about this game... I'm gonna say something. There were too many damn wolves. Even though the neutral party technically won.

Last two games I made these were the wolf-to-villager ratios.

28 players, 3 wolves, one conversion allowed after a wolf death. Wolves won.
30 players, 4 wolves. No conversions allowed. Wolves brought it down to the last 5 villagers.

This one: 32 players, 5 wolves, 6 wolves post conversion. (8 if you count chaos). Non-villagers won with 1 player left.

I'm speculating here, but I think games are infinitely better with very limited seers, or seers who are *all* incompletely powered. I think the idea of a major seer source being reliant on a third party controlling the flow of information was hysterical. When seers are everywhere and omnipotent, people become complacent and 3 wolves can beat 25 villagers if everyone sits around waiting for a seer result. Glad to see some of you took initiative in this game. Kill Kill Kill is the mantra.

Members don't see this ad.

Thinking about this game... I'm gonna say something. There were too many damn wolves. Even though the neutral party technically won.

30 players, 4 wolves. No conversions allowed. Wolves brought it down to the last 5 villagers.

This one: 32 players, 5 wolves, 6 wolves post conversion. (8 if you count chaos). Non-villagers won with 1 player left.

I'm speculating here, but I think games are infinitely better with very limited seers, or seers who are *all* incompletely powered. I think the idea of a major seer source being reliant on a third party controlling the flow of information was hysterical. When seers are everywhere and omnipotent, people become complacent and 3 wolves can beat 25 villagers if everyone sits around waiting for a seer result. Glad to see some of you took initiative in this game. Kill Kill Kill is the mantra.

Agreed, and well-done game. Very creative. Thankfully sheeps seered me almost immediately so I got to discover my role's abilities :laugh:

How do you get 8 wolves? Chaos was in for themselves... not helping the wolves.

And there were too many damn seers in this game... reddit, FBI, sheeps, devyn, drjojo... plus all of the blocking abilities that we had to work around... and the people who could only be killed certain ways and the people who could not be converted... it was a lot as a wolf to work around and through especially when you were the only one strategizing for quite a bit of the game.... I honestly felt like the white walker again from the lounge game because that is how MIA a couple of the other wolves were for a while.

It was still fun, but definitely very challenging.. and wolves made it much further than I expected them to.

Members don't see this ad :)

My Nintendo game was like this. I had a few seers but all were limited in what they could find out. I totally agree with you on strategy and gameplay beyond just "let's see what the seers found out!!" being way more fun.

On a serious note... is this not the single best picture of the entire game? Saw it on game day 2 and have been dying to use it ever since.

tumblr_mfn27j6vx41rpz6jro1_500.jpg

I've been showing everyone I mentioned this game to that picture and saying how it means I won. :D

Well put together, DocE, and thanks for modding!

I don't think there were too many wolves, given how many obstacles they had. Omnipotent seers usually mean villager wins, unless the seer happens to be killed early. Then it becomes a giant cf. One more wolf--maybe a late conversion option that's dependent on in-game events--would have made this more evenly balanced. As it stands, the wolves were lucky to last as long as they did, and they did so only because the seers were all so weak, and so many non-wolves had kill powers.

This was a game of weak seers, but strong defensive and offensive powers, so lots of interesting stuff going on. More of a logic game, which I prefer to the straight up "x is a wolf, according to my seer results," which is only fun if you're the seer.

anyway, thumbup: great game!

Agreed, and well-done game. Very creative. Thankfully sheeps seered me almost immediately so I got to discover my role's abilities :laugh:

Yeah, reddit was an interesting group. In the span of one day, fh revealed all her **** to me, I learned jj was behind the firewall and I orchestrated the no confidence, sheeps seered me and connected me to her and wtf... And once I got the seer ability, I was hesitant to give it up unless a sweet item came along. I tried to make it seem I was communicating for the group or someone else, and stayed around longer than I thought once people thought I was a tracker...

Plus DocE messed with my mind. The night I was killed I was tracking Samoa. He actually gave me my tracking results (which cleared Samoa but fit with my death story) which I wisely shared with my group right away, but gave me a false sense of, well I got my results,must not have died...

You forgot me again. :p

Anyway, great game. I maybe should have stuck with my gut instinct a few more times, but I'm such a waffler.

Last edited:
SOV: I'm sorry you got taken out right away. Well. Sorta sorry. Because of the nature of my role, as soon as you started bragging about not being able to be killed our response we obvious: we had to try while I was alive and had the chance to inhibit you. But I still felt a bit bad since you just got done modding and then didn't get a chance to play.

Well, l lied about my role anyway.

I was supposed to take out a wolf when then attacked me.

The idea of making up that unkillable story was to actually deter wolves from killing me early in the game, and to let villagers know I wasn't a wolf. Never considered that you could "inactivate" my role, so that it was worth killing me.

I was really hoping to last until the endgame, announce a lied, try to coax the last wolf into attacking me, and my death would win the game for the villagers. Clearly a crazy fantasy, but I wanted to control my death instead of being killed randomly.

It all backfired with DocE's crazy mechanics. Oh wells.