Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silly question, but is anyone else having issues with the profile pic for kira talent? Mine keeps turning upside downšŸ™ƒ

Members don't see this ad.

does MSU let you bring your dog to school? I know that some schools like UCD has a room for each vet student class where a certain number of dogs can be kept during class in crates and then they are take during breaks and lunches

Members don't see this ad :)
does MSU let you bring your dog to school? I know that some schools like UCD has a room for each vet student class where a certain number of dogs can be kept during class in crates and then they are take during breaks and lunches
No
As far as Iā€™m aware, the only time we are permitted to bring personal pets is if they are being seen at the hospital.

Reactions: 1 user
To practice bandaging, venipuncture or things like that, are we able to bring them or do they have dummies/other animals?
No, there are models and animals on site for us to practice clinical and physical exam skills

Last edited:
My interview is tomorrow!!! I have been so excited but the nerves are starting to set in šŸ˜…

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
phewww that was a hot mess express for me there was a few significant technical issues on the interviewers end. whelp :oops: i guess we will see how that went, but i do not feel like i did well.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing how you prepared?
As others have said, itā€™s not really something you can prepare for. That said, I ā€œpreppedā€ by looking up lists of MMI questions and practiced answering them within a short time-frame, I also familiarized myself with the STAR method. All in all I doubt I spent more than a couple hours prepping over the last few weeks

Is anyone else on here participating in the dual degree interview? Iā€™d love to connect!

As others have said, itā€™s not really something you can prepare for. That said, I ā€œpreppedā€ by looking up lists of MMI questions and practiced answering them within a short time-frame, I also familiarized myself with the STAR method. All in all I doubt I spent more than a couple hours prepping over the last few weeks
thank you! I have my interview tomorrow, and i am super nervous!!!

• Care
Just finished my interview! I really preferred this type of virtual format (I had done an interview over Zoom, and enjoyed this much more). Good luck to everyone still interviewing!

To practice bandaging, venipuncture or things like that, are we able to bring them or do they have dummies/other animals?
Some special labs hosted by different clubs will sometimes ask for student pets for practicing certain things on! Thereā€™s been an ultrasound lab that used student dogs, exotic handling lab for those who have exotics, and a few others over the years.

But school led labs use cadavers or dogs from the vivarium!

Just finished my interview! I really preferred this type of virtual format (I had done an interview over Zoom, and enjoyed this much more). Good luck to everyone still interviewing!
Hope yours went well! I donā€™t know much about MSUā€™s MMI format except that itā€™s virtual and an hour long. Iā€™m just wondering if they tell you specifics a day or so before like how long you have to think about the question before ā€œentering the roomā€ and responding or if they have any information about the school/virtual welcome type event prior. My interview is on Tuesday šŸ˜¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜…

So I was confused about the video shown at the end because I would have sworn she said you would either be waitlisted or accepted post interview ??? Are they done with outright rejections and just have a smaller interview pool? I know itā€™s a possibility I misheard but JICā€¦

Hope yours went well! I donā€™t know much about MSUā€™s MMI format except that itā€™s virtual and an hour long. Iā€™m just wondering if they tell you specifics a day or so before like how long you have to think about the question before ā€œentering the roomā€ and responding or if they have any information about the school/virtual welcome type event prior. My interview is on Tuesday šŸ˜¬šŸ˜­šŸ˜…
Thank you! Kira should send you an email a few days before your interview for you to ā€œcheck inā€. You sign a non disclosure agreement, and upload a picture of yourself, then get brought to a page that details the requirements necessary for your laptop. Then, they tell you that there are 6 stations and the entire interview will be 49 minutes long. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m allowed to say anything else, but I hope this helps :)!

So I was confused about the video shown at the end because I would have sworn she said you would either be waitlisted or accepted post interview ??? Are they done with outright rejections and just have a smaller interview pool? I know itā€™s a possibility I misheard but JICā€¦
I was under the same impression!

Correct, at this point you are either waitlisted or accepted!

Thank you! Kira should send you an email a few days before your interview for you to ā€œcheck inā€. You sign a non disclosure agreement, and upload a picture of yourself, then get brought to a page that details the requirements necessary for your laptop. Then, they tell you that there are 6 stations and the entire interview will be 49 minutes long. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m allowed to say anything else, but I hope this helps :)!
Ahh ok. Good to know. I am going to sign all the paperwork tomorrow

Wait, how do they know if you havenā€™t had your interview yet? Or do you just mean for in state applicants
They will rank candidates after everyone interviews to decide who is waitlisted vs accepted. This applies to both OOS and IS

right. I understand that. I would think some would be rejected too.
I think they must only interview a small pool of people that theyā€™re interested in offering seats to. The interview just determines if you get an immediate yes or waitlist which could be yes or their version of a soft no

I think they must only interview a small pool of people that theyā€™re interested in offering seats to. The interview just determines if you get an immediate yes or waitlist which could be yes or their version of a soft no
šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø who knows

Wait, how do they know if you havenā€™t had your interview yet? Or do you just mean for in state applicants
Everyone who interviews is either in or waitlisted. Applies to both OOS or IS.

Itā€™s been this way for several years.

right. I understand that. I would think some would be rejected too.
There really shouldnā€™t be any confusion about this, they tell it to you straight up.

MSU interviews around 200-300 OOS applicants so I guess itā€™s a smaller pool than some who interview 400.

Take the small win at this point, you were selected to interview for a reason. It really took the pressure off me to know that at this point I wasnā€™t going to be rejected without a chance of getting in at all.

Everyone who interviews is either in or waitlisted. Applies to both OOS or IS.

Itā€™s been this way for several years.

There really shouldnā€™t be any confusion about this, they tell it to you straight up.

MSU interviews around 200-300 OOS applicants so I guess itā€™s a smaller pool than some who interview 400.

Take the small win at this point, you were selected to interview for a reason. It really took the pressure off me to know that at this point I wasnā€™t going to be rejected without a chance of getting in at all.
Thatā€™s good to know. I had no idea it was like that. I just assumed that some would be rejected after interviewing like most schools.

Thatā€™s good to know. I had no idea it was like that. I just assumed that some would be rejected after interviewing like most schools.
I donā€™t think they have it written anywhere, but yeah they tell you in one of the videos after the interview.
You got this!

I am so disheartened. I messed up my interview. I couldn't even answer the questions they prepared in very short time, and I was talking about a totally different thing with one of the questions. Since this is my last school to hear from, I've lost all hope. I don't know what I should do until September to reapply. Does anyone have advice?
I feel like I def fumbled on a few prompts with wording for the add on questions, but overall donā€™t sweat it. Iā€™m sure you did great on the majority! You got through the interview, I think thatā€™s a plus for sure. Keep your head up!!

I donā€™t think they have it written anywhere, but yeah they tell you in one of the videos after the interview.
You got this!
Ohhh ok good to know. Thank you! Iā€™m trying my best to prepare šŸ„“šŸ« 

I had my interview today, and I think it went generally well. I think my first station responses could have flowed better due to nerves but I think I recovered well in the other stations šŸ„“ hope it doesnā€™t affect overall too much! Good luck to all who still have to interview!

Last edited:
I had my interview today, and I think it went generally well. I think my first station responses could have flowed better due to nerves but I think I recovered well in the other stations šŸ„“ hope it doesnā€™t affect overall too much! Good luck to all who still have to interview!
I felt the same about my first question! Think I rambled a bit bc of nerves but I felt great about the rest!

I just finished my interview! I felt like it went really well considering this was my first MMI! Sending all the good vibes to everyone and hope we hear back soon

Reactions: 4 users
I felt the same about my first question! Think I rambled a bit bc of nerves but I felt great about the rest!
SAME. I definitely rambled on the first question šŸ„“ glad Iā€™m not the only one!

Anybody have any theories on when weā€™ll hear back? I know they said early March so maybe next week? This is the last program I have to hear back from so Iā€™m getting antsy!

Anybody have any theories on when weā€™ll hear back? I know they said early March so maybe next week? This is the last program I have to hear back from so Iā€™m getting antsy!
Hopefully sooner rather than later. It's also the last program that I have to hear from. And the only one that I may have a chance at this time around. Year #4 of applying and michigan holds all of my cards.

After lots of stuttering I finished my interview! I like how fast it went by because of the stations. Did anyone else not finish their answers, though? I guessed I rambled a lot. I was able to finish my answer, but I wasn't able to tell if my interviewer had more questions by the end of the round.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. It's also the last program that I have to hear from. And the only one that I may have a chance at this time around. Year #4 of applying and michigan holds all of my cards.
Iā€™m really hoping early March means by Friday of next week!!! Itā€™s my third cycle as well and Michigan State is the last program I have to hear from, no acceptances yet!

After lots of stuttering I finished my interview! I like how fast it went by because of the stations. Did anyone else not finish their answers, though? I guessed I rambled a lot. I was able to finish my answer, but I wasn't able to tell if my interviewer had more questions by the end of the round
Mine definitely ranged. Some I answered all questions and had extra time, others I barely finished my sentence/might not have finished all the questions. I wouldnā€™t sweat it though, Iā€™d rather be confident that the questions I did get I answered thoroughly vs brief answers to get as many questions as you can. Not sure how they score things but thatā€™s just my personal take!

Iā€™m thinking maybe we wonā€™t heard back at least after they finish interviewing everybody. Does anyone knows when the last day of interview gonna be?

Iā€™m thinking maybe we wonā€™t heard back at least after they finish interviewing everybody. Does anyone knows when the last day of interview gonna be?
I think the last day of interviews is this Thursday!