Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I'm just asking to make sure we're on the same boat šŸ˜‚ please dont take this seriously

Lol totally get it.

Do you guys know if the portal updates at midnight? I mean the Midwestern portal not the AADSAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol totally get it.

Do you guys know if the portal updates at midnight? I mean the Midwestern portal not the AADSAS.
I am unsure. I would assume so, so I am going to check it at like 12am lol!

Reactions: 1 user
Lol totally get it.

Based on last year's thread, the portal updated around 8am

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard Midwestern has sent out rejection letters, is that true
Without interview, yes, rejection letters can be sent out immediately - probably one of their prereq's is missing or they don't have a well-balanced application (stats, shadow/volunteer hours, personal statement, good LOR's). If an applicant interviewed however, they will hold onto all decisions until Dec 15th.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone who applied this cycle! If you still haven't interviewed, there's still a lot of movement that will be happening with the waitlists, especially in this 2020 cycle where everyone kept all their interviews. In a typical year, 50% of applicant decline attending their MWU-AZ interview, so I feel there will be a lot more acceptances that have more options to pick from. I'm sure you all have been checking last year's board to learn that you can check your MWU (not AADSAS) portal to discover if you got accepted instead of waiting for a phone call. We are actually doing more interviews tomorrow (Dec 15th) so Dr. Pashayan & Dr. Halket, who usually do the phone calls, will be busy up until Noon AST with that. Maybe some of you will hear from Dean Smith in the morning? :) But if you don't get a call, I know it has taken at least 2 days in the past to reach everyone - but your for sure bet is to look on the portal for a matriculation checklist to clue you in on your status.

For those of you who do get your acceptances, I've created the new fb page for your class and have already invited a few upperclassmen who are available to answer your questions until you all arrive for orientation. We are only admitting those who got accepted though, as this is a private page for the Class of 2025 to use for communication, announcements, and lifelines for each other through all 4 years. Please do not request to join unless you have been accepted. If you are accepted to multiple schools and still undecided, we'll admit you - feel free to reach out to us with questions so we can help you in your big decision of where to go.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Do you happen to know why 50% of the applicant decline their interview in a typical year?
It can cost an average of $250-$750 per interview trip when you put together the cost of flights, hotel, transportation, and meals. Depending on how much you have left after taking the DAT and applying on AADSAS, you may have to be selective with how many interviews you can actually afford to attend. The tuition here is definitely at the top end and if people don't do enough research on why anyone would attend a school that costs this much, they could easily cut it out of their options.

yes, but I see nothing. im not sure as to where the notification would even be seen at on the MWU portal.
Your portal will look different after logging in. You'll notice a matriculation checklist of documents to e-sign and to pay the deposit. There won't be any flashy or official "You're accepted!" display anywhere, but if they are showing you the checklist, then you've been accepted.

Your portal will look different after logging in. You'll notice a matriculation checklist of documents to e-sign and to pay the deposit. There won't be any flashy or official "You're accepted!" display anywhere, but if they are showing you the checklist, then you've been accepted.
Thank you for the info!

In that case, I guess no acceptance, :( ha, thanks - good luck to y'all

Thank you for the info!

In that case, I guess no acceptance, :( ha, thanks - good luck to y'all
The past 2 cycles reported their portals did not update until after 8am MST (2 cycles ago) and 9am MST (last year). Keep checking later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via portal!!!! You have to click on "accepted student checklist"
I clicked on it last night and nothing was there - it said "this is only available to accepted students". Now a whole thing pops up.!

I'm seeing the checklist but I didn't receive any phone call

The admission told me that no decision has been made. I wonder if I'm still in the game...I've been stressed waiting for this day and I'd die if I have to wait for more...

Accepted to Midwestern. My portal updated this morning around 8 MST, and received a phone call 20 minutes ago.

My portal changed too! No call yet

Just got the call from my interviewer! 12:30pm EST.

Got the call from my interviewer at 11:14 PST!

I was placed on the waitlist without interview in September and have called a few times and verified my status on the waitlist. I have not received a rejection. However, I did receive an email from general admissions today encouraging me to consider the pharmacy program and was provided a transfer application. It did not say anything about a rejection or that I am no longer on the dental program waitlist, but I can't help but wonder if this is a negative email as it pertains to my chances to still be interviewed for the dental program... Anybody know anything about this?

Sure donā€™t..

I checked the MWU portal and based on this - I was offered a spot and accepted. However, I did not receive a call from the school. So Iā€™m assuming based on the larger class size, it may take some time to get dispersed.

I was placed on the waitlist without interview in September and have called a few times and verified my status on the waitlist. I have not received a rejection. However, I did receive an email from general admissions today encouraging me to consider the pharmacy program and was provided a transfer application. It did not say anything about a rejection or that I am no longer on the dental program waitlist, but I can't help but wonder if this is a negative email as it pertains to my chances to still be interviewed for the dental program... Anybody know anything about this?
I just got the same email I think its a soft rejection because I applied last year and got the same email :/

Have they send out post dec interview invites yet?

All remaining interview dates are booked up. If you are waitlisted for interview, thereā€™s a chance to get one if someone else cancels their interview slot. Interviews for the cycle end in February.

All remaining interview dates are booked up. If you are waitlisted for interview, thereā€™s a chance to get one if someone else cancels their interview slot. Interviews for the cycle end in February.
Gotcha thank you!