Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Does your thank you for interviewing specifically say check back on December 1st? I got a thank you but it just says I’ll be notified once a decision has been made.
Same with my thank you email. It does not say check back dec 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else ever gotten the email "Hold before Interview Notification" where the email says you have pending information such as updated DAT scores, LORs, or fall/winter quarter coursework? I'm confused because they have all of this information and there is no missing information on the MWU student portal.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels to stay at close to Midwestern? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels to stay at close to Midwestern? Thanks in advance!
I stayed at the drury and it was very nice, about a 10 minute drive from the school

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else ever gotten the email "Hold before Interview Notification" where the email says you have pending information such as updated DAT scores, LORs, or fall/winter quarter coursework? I'm confused because they have all of this information and there is no missing information on the MWU student portal.
I got the same email. Didn’t make sense to me. I’m gonna call Monday.

Thank you! Did you rent a car or uber around? Trying to figure out what the best option is.
I stayed at the Drury as well. They have a shuttle that can take you to the school. I would just ask them about it when you are checking in OR call ahead to double check. Idk if they would pick you up from the airport as well - but wouldn’t hurt to call and ask.

I rented a car & then used their shuttle to get to the school and back to the hotel.

Thank you! Did you rent a car or uber around? Trying to figure out what the best option is.
I rented a car! It was the best option for me since MWU gives you a corporate code for drury and for enterprise you get a little bit of a discount :))

Hey guys! I just checked my portal and I saw an accepted student checklist on the home page. Does that mean that I got into the school? I didn't get a call or an email yet so I wanted to make sure.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I just checked my portal and I saw an accepted student checklist on the home page. Does that mean that I got into the school? I didn't get a call or an email yet so I wanted to make sure.
Me too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we expect an email today at all? My portal has been updated to accepted.

Is there a facebook group already? If there is, can someone share the link? Thanks!

Declined my offer. I hope one of you wonderful people get it ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I also declined my offer. Best of luck, this is a great school.

Interview #4
School: MWU AZ !
Notification Date: 01/05
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/28
Application complete date: September
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/21/19/No
Dates available: many options from Jan 10 - Feb 10
Method of interview: In-Person

Wow, congrats!! Were you accepted on the spot during your interview? Did you do in person or virtual?
Thank you! They verbally offered the seat at the end of my in-person interview. I had never heard of that happening, so I was blown away.

Congrats to everyone that interviewed and got in! Does anyone have any tips/advice for the interview? Would be greatly appreciated :)

Congrats to everyone that interviewed and got in! Does anyone have any tips/advice for the interview? Would be greatly appreciated :)
relax and be yourself...

Pray you don’t get cut off every question like I did haha

Got put on an alternate list today. Anyone know my chances of getting in once you’re put on the alternate list ?

oh no haha did they not like your answers or something? that seems kinda rude
The admissions interviewer was terribly hard of hearing and misheard most everything I said, so he would either cut me off halfway through because he was only picking up bits and pieces or repeat back what he thought he heard and I had to correct him. He wasn’t too happy about that and I can only assume he thought I was changing answers to try and please him. I did try and speak as loudly as I could becasue I knew the masks were a problem, so some of it could have been me just not achieving that goal of being articulate. I do have to say also my friend was treated poorly in his interview outright. They basically told him they didn’t know if he was a good fit becasue he worked for a family member who is a dentist and they don’t want people who will just “slack off in school and then learn everything from their boss.” He was pretty offended by their assumption that he was lazy and when they accepted him he told them it was the worst interview experience he had had and that he would never consider going to their program if that’s how they view their students. Just my 2 cents, take it for the little that it is worth. I just think that if you are gonna have someone interview people they should be expected to act cordially as we are. They should also be able to hear I think as that’s the only thing they can really bring to an interview hahaha

The admissions interviewer was terribly hard of hearing and misheard most everything I said, so he would either cut me off halfway through because he was only picking up bits and pieces or repeat back what he thought he heard and I had to correct him. He wasn’t too happy about that and I can only assume he thought I was changing answers to try and please him. I did try and speak as loudly as I could becasue I knew the masks were a problem, so some of it could have been me just not achieving that goal of being articulate. I do have to say also my friend was treated poorly in his interview outright. They basically told him they didn’t know if he was a good fit becasue he worked for a family member who is a dentist and they don’t want people who will just “slack off in school and then learn everything from their boss.” He was pretty offended by their assumption that he was lazy and when they accepted him he told them it was the worst interview experience he had had and that he would never consider going to their program if that’s how they view their students. Just my 2 cents, take it for the little that it is worth. I just think that if you are gonna have someone interview people they should be expected to act cordially as we are. They should also be able to hear I think as that’s the only thing they can really bring to an interview hahaha
I wasn’t a fan of their interview process either. I felt like I was being judged and like I bombed it😂 but I ended up getting accepted and turned it down

I wasn’t a fan of their interview process either. I felt like I was being judged and like I bombed it😂 but I ended up getting accepted and turned it down
Yeah the interview process was weird. I had a snobby first year act like Midwestern invented dentistry. I got rejected but hey I’ll graduate at the same time as them going to UOP and still have a spectacular clinical experience haha

damn lol like you're already nervous and now you have to repeat everything you say. That's so annoying, I feel bad, especially since it's always going to reflect badly on you instead of the interviewers. I'm glad that your friend said something, that's not fair at all to make that assumption right off the bat. I've heard of some people having negative experiences last cycle too. I got a call from the Associate Dean asking something about my application since I'm in the Master's and he thought I called about interview dates (which I didn't) and then thought I needed him to schedule one for me even though I said I would go ahead and do it myself. Left me so confused smh. Congrats on UoP, that's awesome!