My WWittle Pony: Friendship is MMagic Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Besides you already did the second half of that, unless you’re not counting it because of the abrupt 180 I did when I got back out of the pocket and said there was no world where you were village 🤣

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You didnt vote for me so its all good. I can count it.
But being in a PM makes it more fun! Also more emotional damage

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta be honest, as someone who is still just super impressed by many of the small things PSV dropped in thread and on PM, I'm definitely not trusting them any more and I don't know if any amount of Pony Salvaje would have worked. :laugh:
🥺
Also Rostam will love you, I have full confidence. He might just give you anxious growls for a bit, to show you how big and scary he is (while he hides behind Stoat)
Not to brag but I tend to have a special connection with special doggos. I'm convinced I have a magical scent or something, or my body language is just very appealing to them.
I want to pet his soft chungus noggin and play tug with him.

• Care
Also I'm amused that my choice of pfp wound up being a self-fulfilling prophecy. :laugh:

• Haha
Oh man guys, updated delivery:

Screenshot_20220913-111505.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
The game was tricky to balance and we were worried yours would give village just a hair too much juice, so it was vague on purpose. It was really meant to help confirm suspicions, which maybe it did? You voted for Cray that day, I hope the night result at least made that a bit easier for you.
I didn't understand what it meant so it didn't have any impact on my voting choices.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also, I was definitely not kidding when I said the literal first thing I did as I woke up from anesthesia was think about the thread.
This game was so tense and I definitely thought I was going to get yeeted, like, every day. Phew.
gg, you wolfed your ass off.

(sorry)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think I've decided that I like the idea of votes being locked at MarVoLo (in games where mechanics don't prevent MarVoLo from being identified lol)
Or, ties always being broken towards whomstever was in the lead first or something like that (I want to say Flushy did that in one of his games?), for those situations where otherwise a coin flip is basically determining game outcome.

I enjoy my collection of funky tie mechanics too much to do away with them completely, but I think I prefer them for the larger, role madness type setups where their effect is more diluted.

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I've decided that I like the idea of votes being locked at MarVoLo (in games where mechanics don't prevent MarVoLo from being identified lol)
Or, ties always being broken towards whomstever was in the lead first or something like that (I want to say Flushy did that in one of his games?), for those situations where otherwise a coin flip is basically determining game outcome.

I enjoy my collection of funky tie mechanics too much to do away with them completely, but I think I prefer them for the larger, role madness type setups where their effect is more diluted.
YES THANK YOU

Yeah, I actually really like this.
now that I've experienced multiple days of lylo in a row.

glares at Santy

It lets you establish vote order meta and really forces a kind of discussion that you can't have when the votes are fluid.

• Care
I think I will implement locked lylo voting in my games moving forward.

Of course, since we don't have a mafia host that can not accept a vote change, it'll have to be me refusing to accept new votes.

• Care
While we’re making declarations, no one PM me ever.
I said this, but then I thought of something funny I'd say if someone PMed me, so hopefully I remember to say it the next time that @genny does.

(or someone else, but let's be real,
it's gonna be genny
genny has PMed me 300% more than anyone else in the WWsphere)

• Haha
Tbh i started thinking this after the tie nonsense in the most recent noob game, but being on the player side always has more impact unfortunately lol
That mechanic would have completely rewrote the Stranger Things endgame.

The other good thing about locked votes is I don't have to scream about there being only two wagon for hours because everyone already know the implications of voting wrong versus "just testing".

• Care
I also bet sweep hammering, knowing village can do nothing but help you hammer to end the suffering faster or watch all the wolves come out of the woodwork, is extremely satisfying.

I also bet sweep hammering, knowing village can do nothing but help you hammer to end the suffering faster or watch all the wolves come out of the woodwork, is extremely satisfying.
Oh man that time Mel and I did that after nyanko voted for herself at the end of a game...much evil, much satisfaction

• Wow
  • Love
What about slow rolling the hammer and fakeclaiming being one of the remaining wolves as a reaction test

I still haven't recovered from the pain of that reaction test

• Care
What about slow rolling the hammer and fakeclaiming being one of the remaining wolves as a reaction test

I still haven't recovered from the pain of that reaction test
Far too risky. Only for champs hero syndrome plz.

I don't like locked votes, to me it turns the endgame from social deduction into like a vote order meta minigame. (But we never lock votes where I'm from, so that's also what I'm used to.)

• Care

I think I like a tie mechanic where if it's a wolf in the tie they have immunity 😆

I don't like locked votes, to me it turns the endgame from social deduction into like a vote order meta minigame. (But we never lock votes where I'm from, so that's also what I'm used to.)
Yeah, I agree with this. I don’t like locked votes and I don’t like majority games. They’re fine once in a while but I don’t really love the mood they set. Understand the argument for it; don’t enjoy it tho

And this is coming from someone who frequently (usually) sits on the same vote without moving.

Yeah, I actually really like this.
now that I've experienced multiple days of lylo in a row.

glares at Santy

It lets you establish vote order meta and really forces a kind of discussion that you can't have when the votes are fluid.
I prefer fluid votes because I like that anything can happen, and that people can play chicken with each other and manipulate and move votes around as reaction tests the last game. Plus I would just hate to be locked in in general.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don’t like locked votes and I don’t like majority games. They’re fine once in a while but I don’t really love the mood they set. Understand the argument for it; don’t enjoy it tho

And this is coming from someone who frequently (usually) sits on the same vote without moving.
Agreed

Honestly one of the biggest things I've seen is like, this crossover of MU culture and things over to our site on SDN, and while some of that has improved the game experience, caliber of play, and freshened some things up, some of it I don't care for and don't think it belongs here as the norm.

I was just talking to Cessna about this, and the best analogy I could come up with, is like NFL or NBA vs college ball, and like how some people actually prefer the not-professional level of play, they find it more sporting in a way and less predictable, because like, there are more opportunities for fumbling and that sort of thing.

MU I would say is like the pros, and SDN used to be more like college ball.

If I wanted the pro league experience, I would just go play on MU. But I don't. I like the chaos and the fumbles we have historically seen on SDN.

I think I like a tie mechanic where if it's a wolf in the tie they have immunity 😆
That's actually fine with me too if the game is balanced for it lol I just more and more dislike game outcomes coming down to RNG

• Care
Theoretically the whole concept of a game ending with parity is that n wolves overpower n villagers...

...or is it that no one dies in a tied vote, and then the wolves would kill during the night and win that way? Hmm.

Well anyway, I liked the idea of the tie being broken towards whoever is in the lead first. I'm just always looking for ways to elevate player agency I guess. Swinginess in games is nice, but I like player-determined swinginess, not so much the RNG stuff where it can be avoided.

I said this, but then I thought of something funny I'd say if someone PMed me, so hopefully I remember to say it the next time that @genny does.

(or someone else, but let's be real,
it's gonna be genny
genny has PMed me 300% more than anyone else in the WWsphere)
I just interpreted this as a request for PMs :heckyeah:

• Haha
Theoretically the whole concept of a game ending with parity is that n wolves overpower n villagers...

...or is it that no one dies in a tied vote, and then the wolves would kill during the night and win that way? Hmm.

Well anyway, I liked the idea of the tie being broken towards whoever is in the lead first. I'm just always looking for ways to elevate player agency I guess. Swinginess in games is nice, but I like player-determined swinginess, not so much the RNG stuff where it can be avoided.
That's what makes mylo spoopier than yolo. You never know if there's a protection/blocking dodge to engage in even if you do get your misyeet.

But I agree with ending at day if there's no way village can alter the outcome overnight.

• Care
That's actually fine with me too if the game is balanced for it lol I just more and more dislike game outcomes coming down to RNG
I think people would be less likely to make ties (that last) if they knew the tie mechanics at the start of the game. The allure of finding out tie mechanics is removed.