NC State University c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So that means either 9:00 or 11:00 lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
The suspense is killing me! I'm so nervous. This lone wolf needs a pack!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't even apply to NCSU but I'm really enjoying reading this haha

Rejected. Kind of bummed, does NC State do file reviews?

Aww rejected but if they received over 700 OOS and there were only 20 spots I'm not surprised. Congrats to all accepted and waitlisted!

And rejected. Disappointed but not surprised. Congrats to all the accepted anf waitlisted applicants! Email said 739 apps for 20 spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected too lol. Not surprised. Congrats to all accepted and waitlisted! Good job!

Congratulations to all who made it! I didn't make the cut this year, but I will try again :)

The NC State CVM Student Services Office thanks all of the applicants for applying to our school, your confidence in our program and your patience with the admissions process.

Happy Holidays !

snow_newfie-e1482263723385-1500x677.jpg

The NC State CVM Student Services Office thanks all of the applicants for applying to our school, your confidence in our program and your patience with the admissions process.

Happy Holidays !

snow_newfie-e1482263723385-1500x677.jpg

I still have not received a email, have all been sent out? Thank you

I still have not received a email, have all been sent out? Thank you
The non-resident pool has been notified. The resident pool will be notified in late January.

If you are non-resident, send an e-mail to <[email protected]> to verify your e-mail address. Please include your VMCAS ID number in your correspondence.

oos, and its weird cause I have received all my NCS emails before and this is my second year applying. Part of me wants to just see if I get a letter in the mail or not cause I'm nervous to have to contact the school.

Anyone know if they emailed any acceptances?

Last edited:
oos, and its weird cause I have received all my NCS emails before and this is my second year applying. Part of me wants to just see if I get a letter in the mail or not cause I'm nervous to have to contact the school.

Anyone know if they emailed any acceptances?
Did you apply to the combined DVM/PhD Program or the DVM Program?

How can we see what number we are on the waitlist?

How can we see what number we are on the waitlist?
NC State employs an unranked alternate list. The Student Services Office will contact you in the event that the Faculty Committee on Admissions selects alternate candidates from the wait list.

Last year, thirteen (13) individuals from the non-resident wait list were ultimately admitted to the Class of 2020.

Movement on the wait list normally starts after the April 15 decision notification deadline and can last until June before the class is finalized.

NC State employs an unranked alternate list. The Student Services Office will contact you in the event that the Faculty Committee on Admissions selects alternate candidates from the wait list.

Last year, thirteen (13) individuals from the non-resident wait list were ultimately admitted to the Class of 2020.

Movement on the wait list normally starts after the April 15 decision notification deadline and can last until June before the class is finalized.
How are the applicants selected if there is no ranking? Is it random or do they go over our qualifications/updated GPA once again before picking?

How are the applicants selected if there is no ranking? Is it random or do they go over our qualifications/updated GPA once again before picking?
The process involves an assessment of the wait list once we know how many seats are available.

Rejected, but that was the most fun I've ever had waiting for a rejection, haha.

Reactions: 5 users
The process involves an assessment of the wait list once we know how many seats are available.
So is there absolutely no chance of hearing any news about the waitlist before April 15? Because I know other schools have an acceptance deadline of April 15 too...

So is there absolutely no chance of hearing any news about the waitlist before April 15? Because I know other schools have an acceptance deadline of April 15 too...
I wouldn't categorize it as "absolutely no chance." However, based on experience, it is unlikely that we will hear from all admitted applicants by April 15. Many use the entire time allotted to them.

Is there anything we can do to improve our chances if we are waitlisted? Or just hope for the best?

Props to the NCSU CVM admissions committee for finishing OOS decisions prior to the December holiday season (my app year, I had to wait until March)! For those of you who didn't hear good news from NCSU this year, please don't lose heart! Every accredited vet school will prepare you to become an excellent veterinarian. I'm proud of my school, and enjoy my time there, but know many successful students/alumni from other CVMs who are equally as happy. What's the best vet school? The one that accepts you! Best of success with the remainder of the app cycle. We're rooting for you!

For those of you who were fortunate to be offered a slot, I am/was an OOS student at NCSU (gained NC state residency in my 2nd year), and will be participating in the OOS admitted student event planned for January, 2017. Should you have any questions about the school (from a student's perspective) or the process of gaining residency, feel free to shoot me a message or post a thread. I'd be happy to answer you.

Congratulations to those of you who have been admitted, to [any] veterinary school! It's an accomplishment of which you should be proud. To those of you still waiting for your acceptance letter, keep the faith. There's a slot waiting just for you :)

Happy Holidays!

Reactions: 6 users
Signing off for 2016. See you in January! Have a safe and happy holiday season!

upload_2016-12-22_16-46-0.jpeg

FRIENDLY REMINDER - Please don't forget to submit fall transcripts (if applicable) as soon as Fall 2016 grades are posted on your transcript.

Is 13 a typical number for the waitlist to move or was it higher than usual last year?

Is 13 a typical number for the waitlist to move or was it higher than usual last year?
Each cycle is different so there is no way to generalize a "typical" year. Historically, we have gone to the Non-Resident waitlist every year except 2003 (Class of 2007).

Two Questions:

1. I got an email saying IS residents would be notified by February. Does that mean you all are planning on trying to let everyone know in January or actually in February?

2. If accepted,the welcome reception is on the 31st of March of IS residents. What time is this this typically so I can clear my schedule just in case?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Two Questions:

1. I got an email saying IS residents would be notified by February. Does that mean you all are planning on trying to let everyone know in January or actually in February?

2. If accepted,the welcome recaption is on the 31st of March of IS residents. What time is this this typically so I can clear my schedule just in case?

Thanks!
1. We are on target to notify the NC Resident pool by February 1, 2017.
2. We are still planning the event but I would estimate 1pm to 6pm. The Open House event will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 9am to 3pm.

Two Questions:

2. If accepted,the welcome reception is on the 31st of March of IS residents. What time is this this typically so I can clear my schedule just in case?

Thanks!

When did you get an email saying this? I didn't receive one recently... may need to adjust my filters if it was sent to spam

When did you get an email saying this? I didn't receive one recently... may need to adjust my filters if it was sent to spam

They mentioned it in the email they sent after they recieved my fall transcripts!

Last edited:
1. We are on target to notify the NC Resident pool by February 1, 2017.
2. We are still planning the event but I would estimate 1pm to 6pm. The Open House event will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2017 from 9am to 3pm.

Oh my god February 1st is so soon. I'm terrified. I'm excited.

I have a couple questions for this weekend:
1. Is there recommended parking on campus (I'm trying to figure out if I want to rent a car or not)?
2. Is there a dress code for the dinner on Saturday?

Thanks!