NC State University c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you IS or OSS
The NC State CVM has launched interviews for in-state applicants for the 2023 cycle on a pilot basis. This is our first set of interviews since 2000. Non-resident applicants will not participate in interviews for the 2023 cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I correct in saying that the Kira Talent interview for in-state applicants will be reviewed by their team for scoring then sent to NCSU CVM for additional review? That's what I've gathered after some research in trying to understand the process better

Am I correct in saying that the Kira Talent interview for in-state applicants will be reviewed by their team for scoring then sent to NCSU CVM for additional review? That's what I've gathered after some research in trying to understand the process better
I think it depends on the school. Purdue Veterinary Medicine builds a structured admissions process for repeatable success - Kira Talent in this link it is volunteer from the school who grade the interview

How much time do we have to answer each interview question?

If your referring to the Kira talent I think it was about 2 minutes
Thank you so much! Have you already did the interview? How was it? Planing to do it tonight.

Thank you so much! Have you already did the interview? How was it? Planing to do it tonight.
Yes I already did it and it wasn’t bad at all! They give you a decent amount of time to brainstorm and I don’t remember any of the questions being too crazy or unexpected. Good luck!

Yes I already did it and it wasn’t bad at all! They give you a decent amount of time to brainstorm and I don’t remember any of the questions being too crazy or unexpected. Good luck!
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
The NC State CVM has launched interviews for in-state applicants for the 2023 cycle on a pilot basis. This is our first set of interviews since 2000. Non-resident applicants will not participate in interviews for the 2023 cycle.

Could you elaborate what "on a pilot basis" means and how will you be utilizing/weighing it in the application process. Basically how important is the interview in the application process this cycle... is it make or break? Asking as an IS applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we allowed to make a scratch during the interview preparation time?

would you say that the questions are personally based or scenario based?

The NC State CVM will utilize raters who will review and score the interviews.

Could you elaborate what "on a pilot basis" means and how will you be utilizing/weighing it in the application process. Basically how important is the interview in the application process this cycle... is it make or break? Asking as an IS applicant.
A pilot project is one which is used to test an idea before deciding whether to introduce it on a larger scale (i.e. - potentially use it with the nonresident pool in future admissions cycles). Each interview response that a candidate gives will be reviewed by a separate person for evaluation. The culmination of all the reviewed candidate responses will be combined to determine the overall interview outcome. The admission committee will separately review the components of the traditional application (essay, veterinary hours, experience, letters of recommendation, etc.) and the Kira outcomes will then be considered as the committee determines the selection of candidates for admission.

A pilot project is one which is used to test an idea before deciding whether to introduce it on a larger scale (i.e. - potentially use it with the nonresident pool in future admissions cycles). Each interview response that a candidate gives will be reviewed by a separate person for evaluation. The culmination of all the reviewed candidate responses will be combined to determine the overall interview outcome. The admission committee will separately review the components of the traditional application (essay, veterinary hours, experience, letters of recommendation, etc.) and the Kira outcomes will then be considered as the committee determines the selection of candidates for admission.
Thank You! Also if it is ok would you be able to tell us what are you looking for in the interview, like are you looking to see how well our values match the schools, how well we can answer the questions? Also how you normalize the scoring since each person had different sets of questions?

Thank You! Also if it is ok would you be able to tell us what are you looking for in the interview, like are you looking to see how well our values match the schools, how well we can answer the questions? Also how you normalize the scoring since each person had different sets of questions?
A rubric will be utilized to determine the efficacy of the applicant's responses to the questions.

Raters will employ a horizontal review technique that allows them to score specific question responses; not an individual applicant's entire set of responses.

We hope this information is beneficial.

A rubric will be utilized to determine the efficacy of the applicant's responses to the questions.

Raters will employ a horizontal review technique that allows them to score specific question responses; not an individual applicant's entire set of responses.

We hope this information is beneficial.
Yes it is, thank you!

Is there a different application portal that I'm missing? My portal says "payment received" and has done for a couple months but there no other info on status. The title says status page but it doesn't say anything like "in review", etc. Might be a stupid question but I feel like I'm missing something.

Is there a different application portal that I'm missing? My portal says "payment received" and has done for a couple months but there no other info on status. The title says status page but it doesn't say anything like "in review", etc. Might be a stupid question but I feel like I'm missing something.

They don’t have a status page

NOTE: Summer 2022 transcripts are only required if you took summer courses and the grades weren't posted at the time you submitted the VMCAS application. If you are currently enrolled in fall courses, please wait until the grades post on your transcript before sending them to the NC State CVM.

Hi! I am a first-time OOS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

@NCSU CVM Are current applicants expected to send new transcripts over once Fall 2022 grades are posted? In other words, do we provide an update of our Fall 2022 grades before decisions come out or is this not something you all require.

@NCSU CVM Are current applicants expected to send new transcripts over once Fall 2022 grades are posted? In other words, do we provide an update of our Fall 2022 grades before decisions come out or is this not something you all require.

I sent mine and they were added to my file. Unsure whether it was required, but I was proactive about cause I was only missing one prereq which got fulfilled over fall.

I sent mine and they were added to my file. Unsure whether it was required, but I was proactive about cause I was only missing one prereq which got fulfilled over fall.
Thank you! I also have one pre-req that I am finishing up right now. Did you supply the official transcript through an online service like parchment again? Did you email them to update them about having sent in an updated transcript? Thank you!

Thank you! I also have one pre-req that I am finishing up right now. Did you supply the official transcript through an online service like parchment again? Did you email them to update them about having sent in an updated transcript? Thank you!

I requested the official transcript to be sent to their email, and their admissions officer let me know he received it.

NOTE: Summer 2022 transcripts are only required if you took summer courses and the grades weren't posted at the time you submitted the VMCAS application. If you are currently enrolled in Fall 2022 courses, please wait until the grades post on your transcript before sending them to the NC State CVM.

NOTE: Summer 2022 transcripts are only required if you took summer courses and the grades weren't posted at the time you submitted the VMCAS application. If you are currently enrolled in Fall 2022 courses, please wait until the grades post on your transcript before sending them to the NC State CVM.
Clarification: Am I required to supply an update on my Fall 2022 grades via an official transcript? Or is this optional. I felt that I did not see this information anywhere specific on the application information page for NCSU CVM. Of course, admitted students will submit final transcripts, but I wasn't sure if we sent in mid-year grades.

Last edited:
Clarification: Am I required to supply an update on my Fall 2022 grades via an official transcript? Or is this optional. I felt that I did not see this information anywhere specific on the application information page for NCSU CVM. Of course, admitted students will submit final transcripts, but I wasn't sure if we sent in mid-year grades.
Yes, if you are currently enrolled in Fall 2022 courses, please submit an official transcript. We ask that you wait until the grades post on your transcript before sending them to the NC State CVM. The requested submission date is no later than February 1, 2023.

Happy Holidays from the NC State DVM Program!

Our office will be closed Friday, December 23, 2022 through Monday, January 2, 2023.

We reopen on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. All email inquiries ([email protected]) will be returned starting on this date.

1671479864563.png

Reactions: 1 users
Happy Holidays from the NC State DVM Program!

Our office will be closed Friday, December 23, 2022 through Monday, January 2, 2023.

We reopen on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. All email inquiries ([email protected]) will be returned starting on this date.

View attachment 363590
Hi! My college goes through the student clearing house for sending official transcripts. It is not giving me the option to send to the DVM program, just "graduate", "undergraduate", and "not on list" under the North Carolina State tab. I am not sure if I should just send it under graduate or not on list. Other colleges had the option to send it to the DVM program and was not sure which was preferred for NC State!

Hi! My college goes through the student clearing house for sending official transcripts. It is not giving me the option to send to the DVM program, just "graduate", "undergraduate", and "not on list" under the North Carolina State tab. I am not sure if I should just send it under graduate or not on list. Other colleges had the option to send it to the DVM program and was not sure which was preferred for NC State!
You can send official transcripts to the NC State CVM in one of two ways.

Electronically
[email protected]

Mail
NC State College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

Fall 2022 transcripts are due February 1, 2023.

just received an email from NCSU that my GPA does not meet the criteria so there’s my first official rejection! Best of luck to you all

OOS rejection, 1600 applications for 24 spots ouch lol:thumbup:

OOS waitlist. They said the alternate list consists of 58 applicants. Does anyone know if the 58 number is just the OOS waitlist, or both OOS and IS?

OOS rejection :( Not too disappointed as i received 4 interviews so far this cycle. Those who were rejected - keep your head up!

OOS rejection. Was kinda expecting it but still sucks Congrats to those that got accepted!!!

OOS waitlist. They said the alternate list consists of 58 applicants. Does anyone know if the 58 number is just the OOS waitlist, or both OOS and IS?
The DVM Program maintains separate alternate lists for the OOS and IS pools.

Is there an estimate date for IS applicant?