NC State University c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection. Heading to Oklahoma State in the fall! Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS rejection but I will be attending my #1 choice in the fall. Congrats to everyone! And good luck to those who are waitlisted

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS waitlist…. let the waiting game begin but honestly love my other options too!

OOS rejection, as expected. Headed to Tufts in the fall! Congrats to everyone accepted and waitlisted!

Congratulations to all of the OOS accepted students! I am IS accepted this year. Can’t wait to meet you all!!

OOS waitlist, does anyone know how much the waitlist moves ?

OOS rejection (was expecting it) but heading to Texas A&M in the Fall! Congratulations to those who were accepted this cycle and good luck to everyone reapplying!

Does anyone know if NCSU gives scholarships before matriculation? (So not the scholarships that you apply to once accepting your seat)

Does anyone know how to access PackAssist? From the email sent today about scholarships - it says it’s due on Thursday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to access PackAssist? From the email sent today about scholarships - it says it’s due on Thursday?
I’m wondering the same thing! The email sort of sounds like we have to put our deposit down first? I hope that’s not the case but I could be reading it wrong lol

So, current NC State student here. In order to access PackAssist you have to have access via a "UnityID", our student identifying login. In order to be assigned one, you do have to fill out the decision paperwork and email it to them. They are going to process that within the next 24 hours (according to the email) and return with instructions to pay the Advanced Enrollment Deposit at which point you'll be assigned your NC State UnityID.
What I may be able to do is post the PackAssist general application questions here, so those who don't already have access to the system can start working on them. I know the turnaround time is insane.

Here are the general scholarship application questions.
General Application Essay Instructions: The following essay questions may be similar to questions you have answered as part of the admission process or other scholarship processes. You may use or modify the same response you have provided for other applications.

1. New Students: Describe Your reasons for selecting your chosen academic program/major and why you are interested in studying it at NC State.
Returning Students: Explain why you selected your chosen academic program/major and how it is related to your career aspirations.
(500 word limit)

2. Describe a situation, event, or experience that created personal change for you or influenced a different understanding of yourself or others. (500 word limit)

3. NC State is a community of individuals who value the mission of preparing students to examine and meet the needs of the State of North Carolina and beyond. The philosophy of careful thought and deliberate action ("Think and Do") is embraced. Describe how you see yourself contributing to this community and/or philosophy. (500 word limit)

4. The COVID-19 global pandemic and impacts from natural disasters have profound impacts for students. If you experienced these impacts, please describe to us those impacts and how you adapted to or have overcome these challenges. (500 word limit)

5. If you wish, please provide any information you have not had the opportunity to share elsewhere in your application. (250 word limit)

There are then sections to put in activities, employment, and awards, similar to the VMCAS.

Hopefully this helps, to those of you who aren't currently at NC State and don't have access yet!

So they’re making accepted students make a final decision by Thursday, and if not then we don’t get scholarships?

So they’re making accepted students make a final decision by Thursday, and if not then we don’t get scholarships?
That's my understanding. I tried to call to get clarification but no one answered

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted! I am looking forward to meeting all of you who decide to join the c/o 2026 :) Are there any group chats yet?

That's my understanding. I tried to call to get clarification but no one answered
I emailed a few days ago and they just responded, saying that admitted NC residents will be receiving their ID today and non-residents tomorrow morning

I'll be declining my OOS seat. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

@NCSU CVM any update on the general review session for denied applicants?

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted! I am looking forward to meeting all of you who decide to join the c/o 2026 :) Are there any group chats yet?

You're invited to my new group 'NCSU CVM C/O 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Multiple of my friends who were on the IS waitlist just got in, so everyone check your emails!

I just got pulled off the OOS waitlist! I'm deciding between Ohio and NC State now but I will let y'all know!

Did anyone ever got confirmation they still offer IS tuition after the first year for OOS students?

Did anyone ever got confirmation they still offer IS tuition after the first year for OOS students?
They still do! When they had the zoom meeting for accepted OOS students that’s one of the things they mentioned.

They still do! When they had the zoom meeting for accepted OOS students that’s one of the things they mentioned.
Do you know if they mentioned how easy/likely it is to obtain? As in, is it realistic or is it near impossible to obtain in state tuition after the first year?

Do you know if they mentioned how easy/likely it is to obtain? As in, is it realistic or is it near impossible to obtain in state tuition after the first year?
Super realistic! They have a legal services office who helps out with everything and they showed that since the class of 22 they have a 95.2% success rate (only exceptions were students that were on a visa or didn’t apply)

I emailed Pam last week and she will be sending out a detailed letter of how to start our residency process. She mentioned she will be sending it out once all seats are confirmed. It seems like an easy process and just about everyone who tries, gets it!

Just got pulled off the waitlist OOS! Deciding between Ohio and NC state

Rejected my seat OOS! I hope this helps someone out there! ❤️

Hi everyone! I'm a c/o 2027 applicant and was wondering how many LOR you guys submitted to NCSU in total? I know on their website it says they only prefer to receive 3, but since I'll be applying to multiple schools this cycle, I will probably need to submit 5 letters to VMCAS in total to cover all the bases for different schools' requirements. Or, is there anywhere on VMCAS or the supplemental where we can choose which letters we want them to read?

Hi everyone! I'm a c/o 2027 applicant and was wondering how many LOR you guys submitted to NCSU in total? I know on their website it says they only prefer to receive 3, but since I'll be applying to multiple schools this cycle, I will probably need to submit 5 letters to VMCAS in total to cover all the bases for different schools' requirements. Or, is there anywhere on VMCAS or the supplemental where we can choose which letters we want them to read?
I submitted 5 last year. There was no where in the application to select which 3 I wanted them to read, so I assume they read all 5.

Hi 2026! I’m a rising third year looking for a female roommate. I live in a 2-bed/2-bath apartment with my kitty. Rent and utilities/internet is about $1000 a person, but it is a very nice, brand new complex only 7 minutes from campus with in-unit laundry, full appliances (including a dishwasher), huge walk-in closets, extra storage space, and a balcony! You would have your own private bedroom and bathroom, as well as access to the pool, gym, and a beautiful AstroTurf dog park! Pets are welcome as long as they are good with cats. I’m a very quiet roommate and spend most of my time with my room, and I keep the place very clean!

Please reach out to me ASAP if you’re interested! My previous arrangement fell through very last minute and I’m in a frenzy to find something new.

Got off the waitlist last night and will be attending NCSU this upcoming year! So excited.