Need help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nano1971

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello pharmacists ,need help finding a job in a very saturated place (Virginia beach,Norfolk,Hampton area)
I am a forign grad with extensive years of hospital experience back home !hence I only joined the work force recently being a new grad according to US market and did my hours as intern in Hospital setting.I have been looking for a job for more than 7 months now and I have applied for retail too online applications,walk in independent pharmacy etc, don't know how else I can approach the jobs online soo desperate for a job anyone could just kindly give me an advice on other ways that helps and thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are having difficulty, you may want to try using a recruiter. I was able to get a position in a pretty saturated place in NYC that way after being unsuccessful for months of looking/applying for everything I could find.

How are you still in the US? Do you have a green card?

If so, you should consider the USPHS, the military, Indian Health Service, Bureau of Prisons, etc... federal jobs are a great opportunity..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys for your help Lcow 2004 what is your approach to recuriters if you don't mind sharing your experience.
Thought of moving to any state but my situation is extremely difficult as I am Mom of three kids and my hands are tied now.

Jafx I am a US citizen and I applied everywhere online sometimes I feel those jobs are not real and don't know how else to approach those jobs and thanks for your help!

How are you still in the US? Do you have a green card?

If so, you should consider the USPHS, the military, Indian Health Service, Bureau of Prisons, etc... federal jobs are a great opportunity..

Federal jobs don't hire foreigners. I basically stole a VA job from a Canadian they were about to hire when the saw her passport.

Federal jobs don't hire foreigners. I basically stole a VA job from a Canadian they were about to hire when the saw her passport.

True true, but the military will hire a person with a green card. I forgot to separate those two categories. That would at least pay the bills until citizenship was fast tracked and a direct commission could be offered.

All a moot point considering the person is a citizen.

Still navigating my way of finding a job and keeping my positive spirits regardless :)