Need to reschedule MCAT but no seats are avaiable

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SG32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to reschedule my MCAT test date from 3/24 to 4/20 or 4/21 because I am still not done with my content review. However, there are no seats open within 100 miles of my location for either of these dates. What do you guys recommend I do? Continually refresh the "Test Center & Appointment Search" page on the AAMC website until a spot becomes available? What are your chances I'll find an available spot? I'm low key in panick mode rn

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation,
You're best bet is to check daily and hope someone will switch/drop their exam.
Which is usually the case as exam day get's closer and some people realize they aren't fully ready.

Otherwise you could fly out for your MCAT?

I'm in the same situation,
You're best bet is to check daily and hope someone will switch/drop their exam.
Which is usually the case as exam day get's closer and some people realize they aren't fully ready.

Otherwise you could fly out for your MCAT?

Jeez I would really hate to take a flight to take the MCAT...that's a lot of additional cash and stress. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for either of us. It just seems Pearson has such lack of availability in their seating which is very disappointing. How long have you been checking for spots to open up?

You just gotta be vigilant and get lucky. When I needed to reschedule, I set my timer on my phone for 1.5 hours. Every time it went off, I logged into the site to check for any vacancies.

After 1 to 2 weeks of this, I lucked out, got a vacancy, and snapped it up. After getting it, I logged out and back in to see if it was the only one available. It was.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You just gotta be vigilant and get lucky. When I needed to reschedule, I set my timer on my phone for 1.5 hours. Every time it went off, I logged into the site to check for any vacancies.

After 1 to 2 weeks of this, I lucked out, got a vacancy, and snapped it up. After getting it, I logged out and back in to see if it was the only one available. It was.
That's great man, I'm glad it worked out for you. Well, since my test date is about 7 weeks away, I'm hoping if I keep refreshing the page a few times a day, I'll find an open seat and jump on it immediately. But I'll have to make a tough call if I'm 2 weeks away from 3/24 and still am not able to reschedule.

Jeez I would really hate to take a flight to take the MCAT...that's a lot of additional cash and stress. Let's hope it doesn't come to that for either of us. It just seems Pearson has such lack of availability in their seating which is very disappointing. How long have you been checking for spots to open up?

I have to fly out either way since there is no testing spot remotely close to me, drawbacks of rural living haha.

I've been checking for about a week now (A friend was using her account to check for me), but I'm expecting actual results as March gets closer.
fingers crossed for both of us!