New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody who interviewed in November or early December and was told they would hear back in January get a response yet?
Hi, I interviewed on 12/2 and was accepted on 12/23...so I hope you hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I interviewed on 12/2 and was accepted on 12/23...so I hope you hear back soon!
Can we have your stats, IS/OOS, general feelings about your interview? Pretty please?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone still scheduled for an interview? I'm going in March but I'm beginning to get a bit worried as it's late in the cycle :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still scheduled for an interview? I'm going in March but I'm beginning to get a bit worried as it's late in the cycle :(

You'll be fine, NYCOM operates on a much later schedule

Reactions: 1 users
So I just got a call from NYCOM today. Apparently they have been trying to get a hold of me for some time. The woman I spoke to at the admissions office requested that I send in my LORs as soon as possible. I was a bit confused, because back in September I received an email confirming that all of my materials, including LORs, were successfully received by the admissions office (I sent them by Interfolio as I did to Touro and Rowan). I found the original confirmation email and forwarded it back asking for some clarification, but by this point it was nearly 4:30 on a Friday. Ugh. I don't know if this might mean hope for an interview or what, but way to start a 3 day weekend lol.

OMG same thing happened to me. A woman left me a message on 02/14 saying she was reviewing my file but that I didn't have any LOR's (which I submitted on 11/26/13). I called them today and a man I spoke with looked up my file and just said "Oh, yes, you are complete. We have your letters in, thanks for calling to clear this up. You'll hear back from us."

WTF!! :arghh:

OMG same thing happened to me. A woman left me a message on 02/14 saying she was reviewing my file but that I didn't have any LOR's (which I submitted on 11/26/13). I called them today and a man I spoke with looked up my file and just said "Oh, yes, you are complete. We have your letters in, thanks for calling to clear this up. You'll hear back from us."

Oh man seriously!? Aggh!!!!

Well, I hope you hear good things soon!

Wow....

Well, fingers crossed for you - good luck!

Nice stats! Thanks for sharing! Were you an IS applicant or an OOS?

Can we have your stats, IS/OOS, general feelings about your interview? Pretty please?
Sorry for the incomplete post...I am an MA resident. Also, for those of you who didn't feel that confident about your interview, dont worry. I felt like I bombed it esp. becasue my interviewer looked at me like i was dumb. But lo and behold, i got good news. So hang in there and keep you chin up :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck everyone!!

I have an interview on Tuesday. If anyone has any tips, or if any current students can give their opinion of the school I would be very appreciative. I like what I have read so far about the school, but I'm having a tough time finding recent reviews of the school.

Interview invite! I guess they finally found my LORs after all the drama haha.
33/3.48sGPA/3.62cGPA

For everyone who got an II, when did you submit?

For those who plan on attending when do you fill out fafsa?

For those who plan on attending when do you fill out fafsa?
I already filled out my FAFSA a couple of weeks ago. I would do it ASAP b/c I have heard that people who send it later usually don't get that much assistance b/c the money reserves are already drained. it takes all of 1 hr, and even less if you have all your paperwork at hand (taxes forms, W2s, 1090s, etc).

I already filled out my FAFSA a couple of weeks ago. I would do it ASAP b/c I have heard that people who send it later usually don't get that much assistance b/c the money reserves are already drained. it takes all of 1 hr, and even less if you have all your paperwork at hand (taxes forms, W2s, 1090s, etc).
Thank you! I am going to start mine now!

for accepted students, how many of you are applying to be in the DPC?

for accepted students, how many of you are applying to be in the DPC?
Im sticking with lecture. DPC sounds a bit weird. What are your reasons for doing dpc?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Im sticking with lecture. DPC sounds a bit weird. What are your reasons for doing dpc?

I just think that it is so cool that I can learn what I want to learn and crack patient cases! It just sounds exciting! And I like lectures too so i may sit in on those as well

I just think that it is so cool that I can learn what I want to learn and crack patient cases! It just sounds exciting! And I like lectures too so i may sit in on those as well
The first couple of weeks lecture and dpc are together, but then they break up. Im just not feeling huge tests with shirt answers lmao

I want to ask if anyone who was interviewed on 2/12 get the acceptance letter?

Has anyone received an interview invite recently? I called recently and they said they have my application and are still interviewing.

3.4 cum, 3.0 sci with a 29 mcat and a ton of shadowing as well as in-state. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Has anyone received an interview invite recently? I called recently and they said they have my application and are still interviewing.

3.4 cum, 3.0 sci with a 29 mcat and a ton of shadowing as well as in-state. Any thoughts? Thanks!

try sending a letter of interest.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I was complete (secondary, LORs, etc) since early September. They called me two weeks ago bc they claimed to have no record of receiving my LORs (Ahhhh! Lol). I resent them through interfolio and received an II the following week. Something similar happened to another applicant in this thread. It might be a good idea to try calling or emailing to make certain they haven't lost your LORs like they did with me and the other applicant.

Anyone interviewing on the 4th?? Looks like we're getting a storm... already postponed my Feb 4th date because of a snow storm ...not excited to reschedule a second time :confused:

I was complete (secondary, LORs, etc) since early September. They called me two weeks ago bc they claimed to have no record of receiving my LORs (Ahhhh! Lol). I resent them through interfolio and received an II the following week. Something similar happened to another applicant in this thread. It might be a good idea to try calling or emailing to make certain they haven't lost your LORs like they did with me and the other applicant.

Thanks for the advice. I just called and they said I'm complete and under review. This was my top choice so hopefully I hear back soon.

Hey guys, I actually just interviewed at the school last Wednesday and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to hear back.. I really don't want to go on another interview if this school accepts me.

Oh and I know everyone is curious about eachoter's stats so 3.96 gpa, 27 mcat (ps sucked), jersey resident, non urm, bench 220 :)

I just finished submitting my FAFSA for this school and was wondering if there was anything we needed to do regarding financial aid? (sorry if this is a stupid question, I never applied for aid before) Does the school provide further instruction about this later on?

Hey guys, I actually just interviewed at the school last Wednesday and was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes to hear back.. I really don't want to go on another interview if this school accepts me.

Oh and I know everyone is curious about eachoter's stats so 3.96 gpa, 27 mcat (ps sucked), jersey resident, non urm, bench 220 :)

I've been watching this thread for a while. I've seen people hear back the next day and and some people hear back in like a month... it seems completely random. If anything they have been getting faster lately...

Anyone know if there will be more II's? Also when I log in it just says "Application Complete." Is there another page where they would say the status of my application in more detail? Thank you!

Anyone know if there will be more II's? Also when I log in it just says "Application Complete." Is there another page where they would say the status of my application in more detail? Thank you!

I just got one a few days ago so...

Anyone interviewing on the 4th?? Looks like we're getting a storm... already postponed my Feb 4th date because of a snow storm ...not excited to reschedule a second time :confused:

I'm going on the 5th but by the looks of it, we'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Just received an II, 3.72 gpa, 30 MCAT.
I will be turning down the interview though for another acceptance.

Anyone have an opinion on Nova Southeastern University compared to NYIT? I was accepted to NSU and I interviewed at NYIT recently and awaiting a decision and I am just trying to figure out the right move if I am accepted to NYIT. Also a NY resident

I just finished submitting my FAFSA for this school and was wondering if there was anything we needed to do regarding financial aid? (sorry if this is a stupid question, I never applied for aid before) Does the school provide further instruction about this later on?

They told me they should contact us about financial aid sometime in April. I think it even says that on the acceptance letter/packet.

Has anyone from 2/11 heard back yet?

Sorry to hear that. What were your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
3.4 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, 31 MCAT. My sGPA was probably a red flag, but I'm still hoping for the best! It ain't over 'til it's over...