NeWW Girl - Sign Up & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My POE I think is looking like Kate, Clem, and maaaaaaaaybe True. I recognize I'm currently frustrated with Clem though.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
@Viscernable, you're the one who raised the fact that it might not be a Block, but rather the LW's 1x bulletproof. In your opinion, would you consider someone who got blocked last night to be suspicious, or does the alternate option negate that?

True, explain miranda village read plz.
Both you and she have given me very strong "just trying to figure things out, this is hard" vibes. Your Ivy votes were misplaced but I don't think they were wolfish. I wouldn't be surprised if not a single wolf vote was on Ivy last night.

Hm. I know I'm stream-of-consciousness-ing right now but.

Moving True up my sus list quite a bit, solely based on this line of thinking:
Votes on Ivy yesterday were me, PSV, and miranda.

There's no reason he should be putting ALL THREE OF US at the top of his village reads list. No sus thrown on me at all. I actually LED the charge to misyeet Ivy yesterday. The fact that there are no eyebrows raised at all makes me concerned.

Swapping to

yeet True

to see what happens.
@alleycat03 @alissa14
See above. I didn't put suss on you for leading the charge against Ivy because I think you were earnest and wrong, not intentionally trying to yeet a villager.

Woah, woah, I placed my vote on Ivy because they were being quite defensive. I think it’s fair to have considered them wolfy because they were acting as such.
Obviously it sucks that they didn’t role reveal and now we have lost an important town role.

I sussed you because I asked you question about your reads that didn’t make any sense and you gave me nothing for most of the day. So I didn’t have anything to clear you at that point.
You said genny was suspicious with no explanation, when most of us agreed that genny felt very town.
So using the argument that because others don’t think you’re wolfy that I am, is hypocritical.

You had me as a village read, but now I’m all of a sudden your top yeet choice? I don’t see the progression there at all.
Yes, agreed, but I feel like villagers often have a weird/inconsistent progression. It's honestly easier keeping your story straight as a wolf; I come across as much more straightforwardly villagey when I'm a wolf. It's why I tend to get caught.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
It's honestly easier keeping your story straight as a wolf; I come across as much more straightforwardly villagey when I'm a wolf. It's why I tend to get caught.
nicktoons-twitching-eye.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Anyway, still not feeling good about Kate, and Ivy going down did nothing to improve that opinion.

Yeet Kate.

Why do you say this about Ivy specifically when Kate was voting me?
Rather, I mean "the way the vote went down did not change how I was feeling yesterday."

If Ivy had flipped wolf, I would have needed to reevaluate everything based on that. But he didn't.

I didn't put suss on you for leading the charge against Ivy because I think you were earnest and wrong, not intentionally trying to yeet a villager.

See, this confidence in me makes me feel wary. I could just as well be a wolf trying to play the “I’m trying so hard but this game is confusing” card.

I had you on my village reads list since D1, have engaged in quite a bit of pleasant discourse with you… and in some sense, I feel like i might have been pocketed lol.

• Hmm
I could just as well be a wolf trying to play the “I’m trying so hard but this game is confusing” card.
Ah but this kind of WIFOM-y response to someone village reading you is exactly the kind of thing I would do as a wolf that makes me a lil paranoid about you.
Not THAT paranoid. But just a lil.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Ivy was overwhelmed but I do wish he'd role revealed before yeet close. /sigh

Ah but this kind of WIFOM-y response to someone village reading you is exactly the kind of thing I would do as a wolf that makes me a lil paranoid about you.
Not THAT paranoid. But just a lil.
See, I think you're going to level 3, but chica (please don't take offense) is level 1ing this.

I really, truly think we're seeing noob-villager energy here. Chica, am I misremembering? How much have you played werewolf/mafia?

I know Ivy was overwhelmed but I do wish he'd role revealed before yeet close. /sigh
Would have made it easier to defend him, at least. It didn't feel right but I didn't have anything to work with.

I really, truly think we're seeing noob-villager energy here. Chica, am I misremembering? How much have you played werewolf/mafia?
Pretty sure chic was the one who'd played a bunch of WW prior to the noob game, I think. Only a noob to us?

• Hmm
Please elaborate on this thought process.
Not too much to elaborate, it's just that I have personally seen games where the wagon gets rolling on a villager and the wolves can just... quietly step off the wagon (or never get on it) and let the village eat its own. It's the best kind of misyeet for them.

Gonna be funny if it's three of Kate-Clem-Vissy-genny and most of today has just been four villagers talking to ourselves

• Haha
Gonna be funny if it's three of Kate-Clem-Vissy-genny and most of today has just been four villagers talking to ourselves
Oh watch it be Vis, genny, and miranda, the ones I'm least interested in voting. Pfft.

• Haha
Oh watch it be Vis, genny, and miranda, the ones I'm least interested in voting. Pfft.
You're better at this than me, so I should maaaaybe reassess my reads if we firmly disagree on two people like that.

You okay with meeting me on Kate for now while the day proceeds?

You're better at this than me, so I should maaaaybe reassess my reads if we firmly disagree on two people like that.

You okay with meeting me on Kate for now while the day proceeds?
I'm okay with pressure on Kate, yes

Vis I just think wouldn't have bothered to move off of you when Ivy was already going over. Not really any point. Not like there was a tie.
miranda I think is just noobing around? To me she feels tonally distinct from the scum game I played with her (the crossover game. Technically I played FE but I remember so little about it I won't bother using it as a reference) and more similar to Stardew.

Pretty sure chic was the one who'd played a bunch of WW prior to the noob game, I think. Only a noob to us?
Y’all always gotta out me 🤣

Yes, I’ve played a LOT of mafia, used to run the club at my college and have modded many games.

PSV is right to be sus of me.

Everyone should be sus of everyone right now. We’re on D3 and the only thing we got to show for it is 5 dead villagers.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Y’all always gotta out me 🤣

Yes, I’ve played a LOT of mafia, used to run the club at my college and have modded many games.

Everyone should be sus of everyone right now. We’re on D3 and the only thing we got to show for it is 5 dead villagers.
Duly noted, I will reevaluate you with not-noobiness in mind

• Haha
I also wish Ivy would've told us which of the N1 kills was him. I'm not sure whether that would help deduce the mafia or not but it would at least be info.
C'est la vie I guess.

I also wish Ivy would've told us which of the N1 kills was him. I'm not sure whether that would help deduce the mafia or not but it would at least be info.
C'est la vie I guess.
My gut assumption is that the one listed first was the NK and the one listed second was from the ability, but that's purely based on how I'd do it as a mod.

@Viscernable, you're the one who raised the fact that it might not be a Block, but rather the LW's 1x bulletproof. In your opinion, would you consider someone who got blocked last night to be suspicious, or does the alternate option negate that?
Doesn’t negate it as something to raise suspicion, but it can’t be analyzed as “x was blocked therefore wolf, the end”

I don’t think it’s worth it for a blocker to reveal if one exists

Wasn’t there some April/Ivy tension though? If Ivy is more of a noobish player he could have shot April on that alone.

It’s not that productive to evaluate based on guesses but we don’t have much info :(

I am disinclined to believe PSV is wolfy based on the misunderstanding around how conscription works in this setup. Seems strange for a wolf to make that mistake.

SOMEONE JUST LOOKED AT ME AND WAS LIKE
I FOUND YOUR SDN YOU PLAY A LOT OF WW THERES THEMES AND EVERYTHING
IM DYING

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Yes, agreed, but I feel like villagers often have a weird/inconsistent progression. It's honestly easier keeping your story straight as a wolf; I come across as much more straightforwardly villagey when I'm a wolf. It's why I tend to get caught.
I kind of disagree here, when I wolfed it was much harder for me to keep the story straight because it was all BS
As village, I understand having and have had my own reads evolve
But it feels off that I was village read and now am highly suspicious

Also weird that PSV should be suspicious of Chic, but if I’m suspicious of Chic that makes me suspicious in there opinion

It’s just off to me

At risk of sounding stupidly WIFOMy, my sus is going on miranda. I know what I am, and it's not something that howls in the night.

I will entertain the idea of wolf!Dubz/PSV as well, but miranda was hard sussing on me yesterday (explicitly naming me to her wolf leans) despite most folks generally agreeing I was at least neutral or village lean, so my arrow will point on her first.

Like nothing coming from Chic makes me feel good about them

As village, I understand having and have had my own reads evolve
But it feels off that I was village read and now am highly suspicious

Also weird that PSV should be suspicious of Chic, but if I’m suspicious of Chic that makes me suspicious in there opinion
I village read you off vibez alone on D1.
My read has now changed based on your sus of me + voting Ivy last night.

PSV being sus of me doesn't mean I'm not sus of them, though they have given me other reasons to move them down my sus list.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users

PSV being sus of me doesn't mean I'm not sus of them, though they have given me other reasons to move them down my sus list.
But I also am sus of you and voted ivy last night. What differentiates me?

I’m sorry, what? You also voted Ivy last night?

And I don’t think PSV misunderstood the concept, just the wording you used
Correct me if I’m wrong?

I’m sorry, what? You also voted Ivy last night?

And I don’t think PSV misunderstood the concept, just the wording you used
Correct me if I’m wrong?
Correct. But I’m not going to sus myself, right? So by POE…

PSV and I both made the mistake a few pages ago of thinking conscription could be a night action, which it is not in this game.

Correct. But I’m not going to sus myself, right? So by POE…

PSV and I both made the mistake a few pages ago of thinking conscription could be a night action, which it is not in this game.
So let me get this correct, because I understand the set up after reading it that makes me suspicious?
I think that is a pretty weak argument and understanding the set up of the game is NAI

And how do I know that you aren’t just saying you didn’t understand?

You’re making a lot of stretches Miranda, and coming across a little more defensive than I expected.

I didn’t say you were sus because you understood the setup. I did say that I find it unlikely a wolf would misunderstand the setup. Since PSV misunderstood, that decreased the likelihood (in this context) of wolfiness. You’re logical fallacy-ing all over the place and it’s making it hard for me to feel better about you. Classic fallacy of “A then B does not mean if not A then not B.”

Just because PSV is less sus because he misunderstood mechanics doesn’t mean you are more sus because you do. And I never brought up you understanding mechanics or not as a basis for my sus.

And how do I know that you aren’t just saying you didn’t understand?
What’s the point of this question? You don’t know. It’s WW. Half of us are going to lie by nature of the game. It’s a game by virtue of asymmetric information. I have no ability to prove I genuinely didn’t understand, even if that were the truth.