NeWW Girl - Sign Up & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love that we have very few consensus village reads. That is... So great... I love it...
1. Truenamer

I've gotten us started

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Voting for me is not the way. If I had to move their vote to someone, it would be Kate... the person I'm voting for.

Ivy, bless you, but you really do have a defensive streak
... and defensive streak is bad i presume

Members don't see this ad :)
I probably would have listened to you yesterday if I knew who you were lol
Can you share why? I assume y'all have experience playing together and you have trusted his reads in the past, but that's the past and this is this game. Just want to understand this dynamic.
I've played enough games with genny to know she is almost always sussed, so what do you find suspicious about her gameplay here?
There has been a lot of mechanics talk, but I don't feel True is being super solve-y here. Do you just get a good feeling from his post?
Genny - I feel like I sus her every single game off of vibes alone and I'm always wrong, so I would not read too much into my read lol
True - although it has felt a little shallow, I think he is genuinely trying to contribute in a way that is helpful (e.g. pointing out my mechanics misreads, explaining to Kate how things work, cautioning us to not reveal PRs). Yes, it can totally be a wolf strategy too, but I'm inclined to believe due to the small game that this is being genuinely helpful
I haven't read a ton of this game tbh but I still lowkey feel kinda confident in my reads, maybe I'll do a read through on Wednesday but yeah I really think dubz js the correct kill today it's hard to see that d1 coming from townDubz, even busy townDubz
Clem, I think you might just be... well, being Clem. But this is such horrible logic idk what to think. You barely read the game and immediately hard pushed Dubz, even if you're amazing at reading them, Dubz barely gave you anything TO read. You could be right but this logic just doesn't work with my brain.
What things? Can you clarify which things?
Yes, see #485. Ivy's played around 5 games, which is enough to get a sense of wolf strategy, the concept of a strongarm (or at the least the ability to google the mafia wiki for it). I feel like others have brought up Ivy's noob-ness and she's leaning on it to get out of having to explain thought process.

Ahhhhh it's :47 and I'm only on page 11!!!

Last edited:
new girl douche GIF

Day 2 Tally: "Jess are you cooking a frittata in a saucepan? What is this, prison?"
PlayerVoted by
Dubz/PSVClem, Kate
KateTrueNamer
IvyPSV, chic, miranda
TrueNamergenny, Vis
ClemIvy
Leading:@IvyMoose
Missing:
Yeet Close:10PM CDT/11PM EDT TODAY (~10 MINUTES)
Last Updated:10:49 PM EST / 9:49 PM CDT by Alissa

I feel like others have brought up Ivy's noob-ness and she's leaning on it to get out of having to explain thought process
Huh. Could be, I guess. The AtE is getting to my heart some but I see what you're saying.
Also ivy is a man but he let us call him her for nine months without correction. Fun throwback there.

Clem, I think you might just be... well, being Clem.
One thing I will say is every game, he is unequivocally Clem. Sometimes it drives me crazy and I don't get the thought process but he Clems around regardless. You gotta respect the clemminess.

Yeah. See I believe him and I am wary not to listen to someone I trust when they seem so confident.
I don't understand why you'd believe someone who just came on the thread, said "I haven't read much", saw the three meme posts Dubz posted, and immediately claimed Dubz was wolf. Whether Dubz is wolf or not is something else we can discuss, but it blows my mind that you jumped on Clem's thought train when it was a very unsubstantiated train to begin with. What is the basis for your trust?!
Eh, Dubz was essentially AFK yesterday, and she was asking her question at a whole group of folks who voted together. She could absolutely have been a wolf who relied on her pack to NK and then had a brain-slip on who it was; I've been in packs like that.

And Dubz is very pack-loyal, if she felt like she wasn't doing a good job she'd be inclined to pass the torch to a spectator.
I can understand that reasoning. And for some reason I just believe it's unlike Dubz to be careless like that :(

Yes, see #485. Ivy's played around 5 games, which is enough to get a sense of wolf strategy, the concept of a strongarm (or at the least the ability to google the mafia wiki for it). I feel like others have brought up Ivy's noob-ness and she's leaning on it to get out of having to explain thought process.
You'd be surprised... i know very little strategy and regret to inform you I am not a quick learner in strategy games

I get you have to assume bc if I am a wolf you can't trust what I say, but since I am village, trust this: I literally don't know what wolf PR (or any village PR) could be even though I read the "semi-open" page many times

• Care
Like. Why are you sussing genny? Why is chic sussing genny? I feel so good about genny
I just have little ability to read genny and she keeps trying to boot me, so it edges her towards "suss" in my brain.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
My Kate vote is mostly based on her vote movements feeling weird on D1 (as I've expressed earlier) and a general... circularity to her posting today
Tell me about this circularity

honestly Kate is village lean bc I don't know how she plays and I am giving her the benefit of the doubt)
Ivy nooooo bb. This is not a reason to give someone a village lean :'(
If anything you should be more wary if you don't know how someone plays and they have pinged any strange tingly feelings.

I also think Ivy is not compatible with the latter two, unless he's in anti-spew

new girl douche GIF

Day 2 Tally: "Jess are you cooking a frittata in a saucepan? What is this, prison?"
PlayerVoted by
Dubz/PSVClem, Kate
KateTrueNamer
IvyPSV, chic, miranda
TrueNamergenny, Vis
ClemIvy
Missing:
Yeet Close:10PM CDT/11PM EDT TODAY (~4 MINUTES)
Last Updated:10:55 PM EST / 9:55 PM CDT by Alissa

If anything you should be more wary if you don't know how someone plays and they have pinged any strange tingly feelings.
Oh, my. Not the place to discuss strange, tingly feelings 😳

• Haha
Pretty sure it's a big reason why a bunch of folks are voting for you, yeah
well... next game I will not defend myself (as hard).

anyways, I will say that since I am going down, so far little in terms of sus reads now, village lean genny? IDK how to read people I'm coming clean.

//

I think I've played almost every game Ivy has played and the reactivity still triggers me
UwU

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Tell me about this circularity
Blarg, making me explain my position? Pretty wolfy of you, Vissy

But in short, I feel like her votes/positions haven't just had minimal justification, they've had zero clear wolf-hunting justification. It's just been "clem says so", "gotta self prez", and then back to "clem says so" with some vibes thrown in. I may be being unfair, but I don't have time to do a proper ISO or read through before 10pm. I will have time tomorrow if she and I are both alive, and I'll do it properly then.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I have done this before and... failed miserably. So sus read Kate? Lemme ask the audience!

Ivy, name your top three sus folks. If you were forced to vote three of us off the island, who would they be?

Blarg, making me explain my position? Pretty wolfy of you, Vissy

But in short, I feel like her votes/positions haven't just had minimal justification, they've had zero clear wolf-hunting justification. It's just been "clem says so", "gotta self prez", and then back to "clem says so" with some vibes thrown in. I may be being unfair, but I don't have time to do a proper ISO or read through before 10pm. I will have time tomorrow if she and I are both alive, and I'll do it properly then.
I... Agree
But also Kate swore she doesn't eat babies

I agree with True, though my needle on True has moved towards neutral - Kate has spent a lot of time today justifying her trust in Clem's wolf read of Dubz/PSV, which... just doesn't sit right with me.

IDK! we got a lot of content but can't read her well enough... slight village lean with uncertain meta? maybe slight wolf read if I wanna read into her style of interaction?
I thought you said sus lean though?

Ivy you said you were sussing Kate earlier? but she's not on your list? village lean genny?

(If you do end up flipping village please know there are no hard feelings - it's so hard for me sometimes to tell if someone is being genuine noob or being fake noob and actually a good wolf lol)

YEET CLOSED - CHECK YA VOTES

new girl douche GIF

PlayerVoted by
Dubz/PSVClem, Kate
KateTrueNamer
IvyPSV, chic, miranda, Vis
TrueNamergenny
ClemIvy
Missing:
Yeet Close:10PM CDT/11PM EDT TODAY
Last Updated:11:01 PM EST / 10:01 PM CDT by Alissa

Thread will close once the day write up is posted

I’m at dinner on mobile so ~vote closed~ but Alissa’s doing the official stuff

YEET CLOSED - CHECK YA VOTES

new girl douche GIF

PlayerVoted by
Dubz/PSVClem, Kate
KateTrueNamer
IvyPSV, chic, miranda, Vis
TrueNamergenny
ClemIvy
Missing:
Yeet Close:10PM CDT/11PM EDT TODAY
Last Updated:11:01 PM EST / 10:01 PM CDT by Alissa

Thread will close once the day write up is posted
:ninja: