Program-Specific Info / Q's Nova Southeastern University MOT Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine hasn't had any additional views in three weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody heard anything? One of my friends heard back from them this morning about being put on a wait list for an interview, but I haven't heard anything else

Has anybody heard anything? One of my friends heard back from them this morning about being put on a wait list for an interview, but I haven't heard anything else
I'm confused. She was wait listed for the video interview? I thought they didn't do in person interviews. I haven't heard anything since being placed on hold last month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they wait listed her for the interview portion. I just thought they would reject you before the interview portion or wait list you after the interview. I guess they're backing up on the video interviews. It's going on 7 weeks this Monday for me to find out a decision if I don't hear anything by the weekend :/

Yeah they wait listed her for the interview portion. I just thought they would reject you before the interview portion or wait list you after the interview. I guess they're backing up on the video interviews. It's going on 7 weeks this Monday for me to find out a decision if I don't hear anything by the weekend :/
Interesting. I guess she applied later than all of us? Seven weeks since your video? Booo

I feel like if your friend heard back this morning about that then I would think I would have heard about my video...
I submitted it three weeks ago so I wonder if some of us still have to wait.

Yeah I know.. I'm confused. Surely they got to you guys already if it was mid November that you sent your video in because the next round would be in January and that's over 6 weeks from now for you all to wait for a decision. But I don't think we would all be on the wait list either? Hopefully acceptance decisions haven't gone out yet via email. Because I know the wait list notification has been coming in the mail :(

Reactions: 1 user
I got my "hold applicant" letter in the mail.

Here is to hoping tomorrow we will get acceptance letters!

Last edited:
I spoke to Keatta on Thursday and the students were in the middle of finals/ almost on winter break. I uploaded my interview video for the 11/26 deadline and she said I probably won't hear back till after the holidays regarding acceptance. She said they try to send out decisions on a monthly basis but with the holidays we won't hear till January

I spoke to Keatta on Thursday and the students were in the middle of finals/ almost on winter break. I uploaded my interview video for the 11/26 deadline and she said I probably won't hear back till after the holidays regarding acceptance. She said they try to send out decisions on a monthly basis but with the holidays we won't hear till January

I submitted my video on October 26, so if I don't hear back till after the holidays I will be mad/upset. That's wayyyyyyy over the 4-6 weeks approximation, more like 11-12 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on the 15th of November and they received it on the 19th. I was really hoping I would find out this week :(

I submitted my video on October 26, so if I don't hear back till after the holidays I will be mad/upset. That's wayyyyyyy over the 4-6 weeks approximation, more like 11-12 weeks
You didn't get a hold letter either?

You didn't get a hold letter either?

Nope nothing. I've emailed Keatta about it and she said the panel was to meet last Wednesday and then I'd know something thereafter but nothing as of yet. And she said to expect to hear by email initially and then a letter would follow later.

I submitted my video on 10/26 and got a hold decision a few weeks later. Still waiting to hear about anything definite. Good luck to everyone!

I submitted my video on 10/26 and got a hold decision a few weeks later. Still waiting to hear about anything definite. Good luck to everyone!

That's so weird... I drew it to Keattas attention I've waited the max wait time that was approximated and as far as I understood from her there is no decision on me yet, but we sent our videos in the same time? I'm just going to stop stressing and hope to hear something this week.

Hopefully for your sake you do! I feel like at this point if anyone was accepted though before the holidays that we would have gotten our letters by now :(

I am hoping it doesn't ruin my chances that I still have 2 pre-reqs to take in the Spring even though I received my Bachelor's degree last December.

Hopefully for your sake you do! I feel like at this point if anyone was accepted though before the holidays that we would have gotten our letters by now :(

I am hoping it doesn't ruin my chances that I still have 2 pre-reqs to take in the Spring even though I received my Bachelor's degree last December.

Yeah I know.. What pre reqs are they? I just finished my last two this semester. If you're gpa and pre-req gpa is competitive I feel like that shouldn't hurt you!

That's so weird... I drew it to Keattas attention I've waited the max wait time that was approximated and as far as I understood from her there is no decision on me yet, but we sent our videos in the same time? I'm just going to stop stressing and hope to hear something this week.
Hi! I submitted my video around the same time and I haven't heard anything yet either! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Got my hold letter in the mail today. Anyone else?

In past forums on here quite a few people that were hold applicants got accepted, but it just sucks because if we find out we are by mid march at the latest then that gives us just two months to get stuff in order and relocate in time for orientation..

Seems like a lot of people are getting put on "hold." Wonder how many people were actually denied... or if they just put most people on hold and go back to look at us afterwards lol.

In past forums on here quite a few people that were hold applicants got accepted, but it just sucks because if we find out we are by mid march at the latest then that gives us just two months to get stuff in order and relocate in time for orientation..
Exactly !! Plus idk if I should spend the $1000 on two pre reqs I need or not. It's a waste if I don't get accepted :(

My friend who also applied is dealing with a similar dilemma. She would be taking an extra class for their pre reqs, but they put her on hold for an interview, so she's thinking it'll be a waste to take an extra class just for this one school when they won't even give her an interview yet.

It's so hard to judge everything! I really want Nova though so I am going to do it and hope for the best. I just wish I was rich to afford them haha yeah that's a hard call if she didn't get an interview yet.

Me too :( do we have a chance of getting in?
Do you mind posting your stats? I'm still waiting to hear back from them after submitting my video and am curious to know how we all compare!

Do you mind posting your stats? I'm still waiting to hear back from them after submitting my video and am curious to know how we all compare!

Mine are:
Major: Exercise Science w/ a Pre- Occupational Therapy area
Overall GPA: 3.62 when they looked at my application, now it's a 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.85/3.9
GRE: V 150, Q 137, AW 4.0 (I really suck at math, and I actually studied too
clear.png
)
Observation: 16 hours in a school system grades preschool-12th grade, 23 hours in a hospital setting and inpatient rehab, 10 hours in a skilled nursing facility, 3 hours in an outpatient setting.
Work experiences: Licensed CNA for 2 years, Lifeguard for 3 years, and have worked/hold leadership at Applebee's in multiple positions for the last 4.5 years, 150 hour medical assistant internship underneath 4 nurse practitioners, a 150 hour internship in progress now at an outpatient rehab facility
Volunteer: Adopt a Resident Program at nursing home, Volunteer at day time work place for mentally and developmental disabled adults
Extracurricular: Member of: The World Wildlife Foundation, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Humane Society in my town; Certified in CPR/AED, Emergency First Aid, Administrating Emergency Oxygen, Administrating Asthma Inhaler, Epinephrine Auto Injector
Research: Designed a research proposal/experiment involved around the effects of Pet Therapy in Occupational Therapy treatments

Mine are:
Major: Exercise Science w/ a Pre- Occupational Therapy area
Overall GPA: 3.62 when they looked at my application, now it's a 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.85/3.9
GRE: V 150, Q 137, AW 4.0 (I really suck at math, and I actually studied too
clear.png
)
Observation: 16 hours in a school system grades preschool-12th grade, 23 hours in a hospital setting and inpatient rehab, 10 hours in a skilled nursing facility, 3 hours in an outpatient setting.
Work experiences: Licensed CNA for 2 years, Lifeguard for 3 years, and have worked/hold leadership at Applebee's in multiple positions for the last 4.5 years, 150 hour medical assistant internship underneath 4 nurse practitioners, a 150 hour internship in progress now at an outpatient rehab facility
Volunteer: Adopt a Resident Program at nursing home, Volunteer at day time work place for mentally and developmental disabled adults
Extracurricular: Member of: The World Wildlife Foundation, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Humane Society in my town; Certified in CPR/AED, Emergency First Aid, Administrating Emergency Oxygen, Administrating Asthma Inhaler, Epinephrine Auto Injector
Research: Designed a research proposal/experiment involved around the effects of Pet Therapy in Occupational Therapy treatments

wow your stats are awesome! I'm sure you will get off the hold list. This is for their MOT program right? or did you apply to OTD?

wow your stats are awesome! I'm sure you will get off the hold list. This is for their MOT program right? or did you apply to OTD?

I only applied for their MOT program. I was really close to applying to their OTD program but do not want to pay that much! I hope I do because Nova is my first choice school!

Yeah, I am shocked you are on the hold list!! I hope it works out for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. I still haven't heard anything. I submitted my video Nov. 25 and it still hasn't even received any views on youtube.

Yeah, I am shocked you are on the hold list!! I hope it works out for you! I am keeping my fingers crossed as well. I still haven't heard anything. I submitted my video Nov. 25 and it still hasn't even received any views on youtube.
I submitted mine on that day too and it hasn't received any views either. I emailed Keatta, she said we should hear no later than the end of the month.

I submitted mine on that day too and it hasn't received any views either. I emailed Keatta, she said we should hear no later than the end of the month.

Good to know! Thank you!

The hold applicants should hear no later than the end of the month?

they are going to tell hold applicant by the end of the month? i thought it was suppose to be march.

I think arc16 was referring to people who still haven't heard yet. We both submitted our videos in November and are still waiting to hear something.

Is the video part of the supplemental application? Their website doesn't mention a video, I'm just curious.

Is the video part of the supplemental application? Their website doesn't mention a video, I'm just curious.

Once you send in the supplemental app they review you as an applicant and if they choose to interview you they send you an email with instructions on how to do the interview via video that you send through YouTube for them to watch.

Has anyone applied to both programs - MOT and DOT? Are they completely separate? I conducted a Skype interview with DOT but I haven't heard anything from MOT.

I didn't apply to both, but I've asked this exact question before and yes, they are completely separate. Good luck!

anyone on the hold list know exactly when we might find out if we are accepted or not?

Iit says by March 15th on my letter, but I just emailed Keatta today asking if they look at us again each month before more decisions go out or will they review us all again right before March 15th. Her email said she's out of office till next Tuesday though

I was wondering that too!! I don't have any additional views on my video though... I'm on hold.

Can we hope they just didn't want to accept us yet because they didn't want to fill up too fast? Haha I feel like if we got in we would find out this Thursday.