NSU-COM class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm getting an apartment but I have to wait till July to go find one.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a place on Rolling Hills Circle. Where are all my NSUCOMER's at?? otiose natured folks I see. jk. peace and BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPS in a trunk.

Hey guys,

I interviewed in late February and got put on "alternate hold" status in mid-March. Dr. Chaffin hasn't been able to give me much info, so I was wondering if any of you were on hold? And how long did it take to hear about whether or not you got in?

I would really appreciate any words of wisdom. Also, CONGRATS to the Class of 2008! I loved NSUCOM when I interviewed. Thanks again...

Members don't see this ad :)
HoodyHoo said:
I just got a place on Rolling Hills Circle. Where are all my NSUCOMER's at?? otiose natured folks I see. jk. peace and BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMPS in a trunk.

Hi,I was wondering if you are talking about the condos at Rolling Hills? I was looking for a place there as well. :)

Waddup ya'll!! This new SDN design is kinda weird...we'll get used to it I guess...

I'm also gonna be looking at places in rolling hills and university parc and such. Am planning on going down to look at these places the first weekend of May, so if any other apartment hunters are gonna be around then, lets hook up and check it out. Peace 'n grease,
Turk.

polo8250 said:
Hi,I was wondering if you are talking about the condos at Rolling Hills? I was looking for a place there as well. :)

hey, I think they are the condos at rolling hills. I'm not too sure because I did everything online after looking at some pics. I know it's at 3100 rolling hills drive. it's right next to a private golf course and you can see the dental school from my back porch....so it's kinda close i think.

When you guys spoke with the dean during the interview, did he mention that NSU med students have won some east coast research competition over schools like Duke and Harvard?? I was just curious because it seemed a bit unbelievable, even though I assume he would not lie about it. :confused: :scared: :eek: :D

Yea, he mentioned that to our group. He said that they usually interview several students before making the final decsion on who wins, but that they won immediately (with no student interviews) after the research committee saw that the students were all in "professional" attire. And, what he told our group was that they won in addition to schools like Duke and Harvard. I believe him. You're right, why would he lie? Besides, the school has a lot more going for it than that, so it's not that big a deal regardless.

HoodyHoo said:
When you guys spoke with the dean during the interview, did he mention that NSU med students have won some east coast research competition over schools like Duke and Harvard?? I was just curious because it seemed a bit unbelievable, even though I assume he would not lie about it. :confused: :scared: :eek: :D

He did mention this when I was there too. I was pretty impressed (it was actually one of the things that sold me on the school)!! You can read the press release about their 2003 win at:

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/ia/pubaffairs/news/jan-march2003/first_prize.html

and you can also read more about the competition at:

http://esrf.mededu.miami.edu/

So I'm pretty sure it's accurate information :)

Does anyone here have comitments for the summer? I have an internship until July and I am starting to feel the heat of moving, getting ready for school, and planning all while being extremely busy. Anyone else?

Robz said:
Does anyone here have comitments for the summer? I have an internship until July and I am starting to feel the heat of moving, getting ready for school, and planning all while being extremely busy. Anyone else?

Hey Robz! I definitely feel your pain - I have three jobs right now and I plan on keeping at least two of them as long as possible so I can actually afford to move to Florida and start school. Right now I'm trying to figure out when I can go find an apartment and how late I can wait to move. At the same time I want to spend lots of time with friends and family, but make sure I'm rested up and ready for school! I'm not sure how it's all going to work out..... But I'm excited nonetheless!! :D

kristabel

kristabel said:
Hey Robz! I definitely feel your pain - I have three jobs right now and I plan on keeping at least two of them as long as possible so I can actually afford to move to Florida and start school. Right now I'm trying to figure out when I can go find an apartment and how late I can wait to move. At the same time I want to spend lots of time with friends and family, but make sure I'm rested up and ready for school! I'm not sure how it's all going to work out..... But I'm excited nonetheless!! :D

kristabel

I hear ya. I really do. My semster ends in less than 2 weeks, then I start a full time internship and I have a part time job as well. Right now I don't hvae any "off" days. I think something is going to give and I wouldn't be too upset if I quit my part time management job. I am looking at different websites and trying to search out the best places to live but its a bit tough. (Including the SDN search engine down as well) Especially when your not down there to look and see for yourself. It is most likely that it will be a weekend that I have to go down and I'm pretty sure most places will tour you around on them...I am just a little worried about Sundays. I am getting pretty anxious and excitied as well. I'm ready for a little downtime in Florida before school starts...especially with the beach less than 20 minutes away. :D

bumpedy bump bump for more NSUCOMers to say hi and see whats going on with us out there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Robz said:
bumpedy bump bump for more NSUCOMers to say hi and see whats going on with us out there!

hey robz...

nothing really new here, just getting rdy to go house hunting next month (mid may probably). im pretty excited about that. but until then, ill still be working at my very boring job.

i cant wait to quit this stinkin job of mine. makes me feel like im going nowhere (good thing it's not what i live for :D)

ne ways, that's it from me.

anyone else have anything fun to share?

I am really having a hard time deciding between OUCOM and NSUCOM. Really my favorite thing about NSUCOM is the Ft. Lauderdale location, but I can't see too many other benefits over OUCOM. Someone give me a good reason to "head south"!!!!!!!!! :cool:

A great OMM department, wonderful rotation sites where you will see a wide variety of illnesses (including things you won't see in most other places b/c we have a high immigrant population in some areas), new facilities, non-competitive environment, helpful upperclasspersons, open-door policy, Kaplan board review, clinical experience starting in your first month......do you need more?

Pegasus, I would go to OUCOM, you should not pick a place just soley on the location. I think OUCOM is abetter fit for you.

Doc34 said:
Pegasus, I would go to OUCOM, you should not pick a place just soley on the location. I think OUCOM is abetter fit for you.

for some reason, ur post sounds as though u want pegasus to leave a spot open at nsu so u can get off their waitlist...
ugh.gif

Tap0utt said:
for some reason, ur post sounds as though u want pegasus to leave a spot open at nsu so u can get off their waitlist...
ugh.gif

You are correct! :thumbup:

So, has anyone figured out when they are moving down to fort lodi dodi? My lease starts July 1st so I'm moving around that time. I'm yet to figure out exactly what I'll do for a month before school starts but it should be fun. So I think we should all go out on the beach before school starts :cool: Geez, I still can't believe i'm movin to florida :D

HoodyHoo said:
So, has anyone figured out when they are moving down to fort lodi dodi? My lease starts July 1st so I'm moving around that time. I'm yet to figure out exactly what I'll do for a month before school starts but it should be fun. So I think we should all go out on the beach before school starts :cool: Geez, I still can't believe i'm movin to florida :D

I am going down to look for an apartment in May and I hope to get a lease for July 1st. That would be awesome. I also figure a month to get situated is a good as well.

So I just sat down with the calendar... It looks like I'm not going to make it down to go apartment hunting until late June and I don't anticipate moving until the end of July. So now I'm starting to freak out a little about getting it all done!! :scared: Hopefully I can get there with a few days to hang out at the beach before school starts!

kristabel said:
So I just sat down with the calendar... It looks like I'm not going to make it down to go apartment hunting until late June and I don't anticipate moving until the end of July. So now I'm starting to freak out a little about getting it all done!! :scared: Hopefully I can get there with a few days to hang out at the beach before school starts!

I did the same thing. I wasn't getting down there till june.

Then I found a 220 dollar roundtrip flight from Knoxville. (we just don't usually have cheap flights) That was it and I am going down May 21st. I need to get an apartment for my own piece of mind...but I was sure I would find an apartment in June as well...just maybe not the ideal one I would have wanted.

Rest assured there are plenty of apartments in the area and I am sure you will find one or hook up with a student as a roomate that has already done the leg work.

Robz said:
Rest assured there are plenty of apartments in the area and I am sure you will find one or hook up with a student as a roomate that has already done the leg work.

Thanks for the encouragement!! I needed it. I know I'll find something. It's funny because I feel like the summer is going to go by so fast and it freaks me out, but at the same time I can't wait for school to start. Hmmm. It could just be that I'm a spaz ;)

Anyway, keep us posted on what you find Robz!!

So, if it makes you guys feel better, my apartment didn't go through so I have to look for another one. I guess in Florida you're supposed to give your deposit to a third party, but the owner of the place I was going to rent wanted it directly. Thus, my realtor said not to get it. Yay, I get to do this all over again :mad: +pissed+ :smuggrin:

HoodyHoo said:
So, if it makes you guys feel better, my apartment didn't go through so I have to look for another one. I guess in Florida you're supposed to give your deposit to a third party, but the owner of the place I was going to rent wanted it directly. Thus, my realtor said not to get it. Yay, I get to do this all over again :mad: +pissed+ :smuggrin:

I'm trying to figure this one out. I rented apartments before in Florida...in fact I am still leasing one in Orlando that I have been at since 2000. I never had to deal with a third party. Was it a private residence? Was your agent going to get screwed out of a comission if you went through directly? Usually they wanted a credit check...a job/schooling option to make sure you can pay the rent and first month+security deposit.

At least your getting this done now. I am going to do leg work in after my finals and basically get off the plane, get in my rental car, and start visiting places. Litteraly, just like that. Right now I got a great list of places from residency info (http://www.residency.info/) and the list on the class of 2006 site. Then I'll start calling them and setting up appointments if I can. Of course...I'll make time in order for me getting lost to get there also :)

Robz said:
I'm trying to figure this one out. I rented apartments before in Florida...in fact I am still leasing one in Orlando that I have been at since 2000. I never had to deal with a third party. Was it a private residence? Was your agent going to get screwed out of a comission if you went through directly? Usually they wanted a credit check...a job/schooling option to make sure you can pay the rent and first month+security deposit.

At least your getting this done now. I am going to do leg work in after my finals and basically get off the plane, get in my rental car, and start visiting places. Litteraly, just like that. Right now I got a great list of places from residency info (http://www.residency.info/) and the list on the class of 2006 site. Then I'll start calling them and setting up appointments if I can. Of course...I'll make time in order for me getting lost to get there also :)

Yeah, I think it was a private party and I was going through a realtor. I guess the third party involvement is to make sure you're not getting screwed once it's time to get your deposit back and with the whole process in general.

HoodyHoo said:

Hey Hoody, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you :( That sucks. Are you going to go down or are you going to try and rent another place through this realtor? Good luck!! :luck:

This is nice. I did not know that this existed or I would have got on earlier. Well I just thought to say hi, and may be be part of the group. I cannot wait until school starts as well, even thouhg finals are not over yet :(
I will be in FLA as soon as I get done with my school here, and I have got family that will help me move, so if any one will kinda run out of time to find a appartment let me know and may be I could help.
See ya!

So today's NSU fun sponsered to you by...robz

Yesterday I decided to call and see why I hadn't heard anything about a few things from NSU. Mainly anything financial.

OOPS.....seems I forgot to fill out the loan entrance exam and my authorization forms.

And....to boot they probably won't make a decision on my resident status until June......

and they need at transcripts in before they will award any money...

but its nice to have the email account and the webstar to look up some information on.

so, I have now taken care of the financial aid portion and they said award will be late june/july as they need to take care of those that have classes starting in July.

Did anyone else notice that the m2's year starts July 6th this year? I guess that means we start a month eariler next year as well.

Dr.L said:
This is nice. I did not know that this existed or I would have got on earlier. Well I just thought to say hi, and may be be part of the group. I cannot wait until school starts as well, even thouhg finals are not over yet :(
I will be in FLA as soon as I get done with my school here, and I have got family that will help me move, so if any one will kinda run out of time to find a appartment let me know and may be I could help.
See ya!

Welcome Dr. L! Congratulations on your acceptance to NSUCOM! :D Good luck with your finals :luck:

Robz,

Yeah, we have our M1 summer cut short so that during our second year, we can have about a month to study for Step 1 instead of having finals and then taking boards the next week like some other students have to do. During that time, we all take the Kaplan course (paid for by NSUCOM or your tuition money - whichever you prefer) so its really a good deal in the end. The M2s this year finished last week I think.

Dr. L,

Congratulations on your acceptance. Don't forget to check out the unofficial class websites - http://www.nsucom.info/ - there is some great info there and places to do intros and find roomies etc.

See you guys soon,
AUdacious
NSUCOM M1

Robz and any one else in Class of 2008

Don't be surprised if they wait until the end of July/beginning of August to tell you about state residency. Last year, they didn't tell us until VERY close to orientation. I know it is a hassle, but that is just how it goes unfortunately.

Congrats to all the new people! Good luck finding apartments and moving.

AUdacious said:
Robz,

Yeah, we have our M1 summer cut short so that during our second year, we can have about a month to study for Step 1 instead of having finals and then taking boards the next week like some other students have to do. During that time, we all take the Kaplan course (paid for by NSUCOM or your tuition money - whichever you prefer) so its really a good deal in the end. The M2s this year finished last week I think.

Dr. L,

Congratulations on your acceptance. Don't forget to check out the unofficial class websites - http://www.nsucom.info/ - there is some great info there and places to do intros and find roomies etc.

See you guys soon,
AUdacious
NSUCOM M1

Thanks! That makes so much more sense. I was wondering about that.

I didn't read that NSU paid for the Kaplan class....that super cool. Why would you want to pay for it yourself? I could use a month to study for COMLEX and USMLE. I'm going to take both.

DoctorInSpace said:
Robz and any one else in Class of 2008

Don't be surprised if they wait until the end of July/beginning of August to tell you about state residency. Last year, they didn't tell us until VERY close to orientation. I know it is a hassle, but that is just how it goes unfortunately.

Congrats to all the new people! Good luck finding apartments and moving.

Crap crap crap. Thanks for the info. I have had a few ponderances about this. I have talked to others that have assured me I should have nothing to worry about but I am still the paranoid person that wants to see it in stone.

See I have an apartment in Orlando since 2000, have a FL driver license dated Janunary 2002 when I updated it, my W2 forms are all from the Disney Corporation in LBV from 2000, sent in bills with my FL address on it and all that jazz.

I am though finishing up an MPH degree at UTK and I forwarded all my mail here cause my mail in FL was getting delayed or missing. So, I was worried about that affecting my applications. The office of residency was really tough to get anything out of..even a reply. I finally talked to Mrs. Robison the other day and she explained a lot of information to me, assured me things should be cool, and let me know that I'd find out through the webstar sometime in June cause they typically don't send out letters. I believe Keren Perez is now handling applications.

Thanks for the info...now I just have to finish getting my transcripts out before matriculation. :)

Waaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....(u remember the beer commercial, right?)
Shout out to all my chi-town homies n' fly girls! hahaha....Ca$h Mani here(current m1) saying congrats to all the new recruits up in here. Anyone from the midwest or chicago on this site yet? Holla back! (no, I'm really not this ghetto :laugh: ) I just wanna say that u will have a blast down here and love this place(which is why u all picked it)...but it is truly da shiznit!!! I just wanted to say what up and keep chillin like a villain sittin next to matt dillon while u can....and if there's any advice...come down early and enjoy florida...heck, u can all chill with mickey in orlando....hook it up with JAWS at universal...there's lots to do....get wild wit your badselves! Last but not least, if u ever have any questions or need any advice...or the DL on classes and tips on surviving your first year... once u get in that mood(which u shouldnt be in yet..hehe)....hit me back at anytime and Ill try to get back to u when i can. thats the best part...lots of help from upperclassmen and fellow classmates...dont ya feel the love :love: ...dang that was fruity...my bad :idea: ...anyways...peace out ya'll and CONGRATS AGAIN!! :thumbup:

$

kristabel said:
Hey Hoody, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you :( That sucks. Are you going to go down or are you going to try and rent another place through this realtor? Good luck!! :luck:

I think i might use the same realtor. I'm not sure, there seem to be so many places that this is getting tough to do online without actually going down there........but anyway Ca$hMani, I'm from Iowa, hence "fields of corn". Oh yeah, I might be looking into getting a two bedroom. So if anyone wants to be a roomie, we could talk more about it. I'm male but I'd live with a male or female, don't really care......peace. :cool:

Hey thank you for the welcoming and the tips. I think that helping each other will be the key of our success and enjoyment of the next four year ( as much as we could enjoy another four years of schooling :rolleyes:
I have a question:
Did you all get mail package that had a vaccination form, and some other docs. One of them was an offer on buying scrubs. Do we have to purchase scrubs or I thought we will get to free pairs? What about we do not purchase them now, could we purchase them when we get there? How about the dissection kit?
Anyone knows anything on the matter?
Thanks
oh by the way my name is Lorenc ( as Lawrence in english)

Robz said:
OOPS.....seems I forgot to fill out the loan entrance exam and my authorization forms.

Hey Robz, Since you seem to be a couple steps ahead of me on this - what is the loan entrance exam?? I went to webstar and it said that I was missing the authorization form and that I was not officially admitted to the program (which is just a matter of them receiving my transcripts, I think). But it didn't say anything about the loan entrance exam... now I'm worried I'm missing something. This financial aid stuff is getting confusing. :oops:

Also, have the rest of you MSI's-to-be joined the M2008 listserve yet? People are talking about registering for classes already?!? Are we supposed to be doing that? I kind of assumed that would get covered in orientation. Anyway, thanks for answering all of my crazy questions! ;)

Dr.L said:
Did you all get mail package that had a vaccination form, and some other docs. One of them was an offer on buying scrubs. Do we have to purchase scrubs or I thought we will get to free pairs? What about we do not purchase them now, could we purchase them when we get there? How about the dissection kit?

I did get this packet of information. I don't know anything about getting scrubs free, but I don't think we HAVE to buy scrubs through this offer. I think you can wear whatever scrubs you want. I do think I will go ahead and get the dissection kit, it seems like a good thing to have from the start of school. Maybe some of our knowledgeable upperclassmen can help us out here.... :D

so i just got some info on white coats... you would figure that your deposits and future tuition fees would help cover the cost, but it sure doesnt.

$84.80 by may 15.

time to cut another check...

hey...just wanted to give some of you on the waitlist a little hope and let you know there will be another spot opening up cause i have decided to defer my acceptance for a year and will be entering in the fall of 2005. well best of luck to all of you and i guess i'll be seeing you all in 2005....hmm maybe i should start a NSU class of 2009 thread already :laugh:

OK, the Scrubs---here's the deal. One of the clubs on campus sells scrubs with the NSU logo on it, which are kind of nice to have. You do not have to purchase those. YOu can if you want. They are drawstring bottoms, and otherwise just like regular scrubs. Ciel blue is that sky blue color----if you watch ER or Scrubbs, i think one of those shows wears that color. You know what Navy Blue is, and the Hunter Green is darker than grass, but not that military green. It is nice and bright, like an emerald.

You can buy any scrubs you want from whereever you want. I believe our dress code still says they are supposed to be solid colors only (no prints), but I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble for prints. Your choice if you want to risk it. I personally like Dickie brand scrubs. They are a little more expensive, but some of them are brushed cotton and softer than your average scrub set, you can buy cargo-type pants w/lots of pockets (i love that!) and i personally like the ones w/the elastic top. See, I'm short, and hate stuff on my waist, so i find the elastic top is easier to roll down to my hips.

You can wear any shirt under your scrub top, or no shirt underneath at all. You can wear sneakers w/your scrubs. You can tuck in your top, or leave it out. Scrubs are like pajamas, so I wear them almost every day, unless I have something to do that requires real clothing (simulated patient exams, for instance).

I hope that helps on the scrubs issue. I had gotten several emails from various people asking me, and when I saw the issue on here, i decided to pass on the info.

Oh, and your equipment---don't worry about getting it too early. You will have plenty of time to buy your goods when you get here. The school will have a session set up so you can talk to the equipment people and decide what you want.

Free scrubs?? i wish! Sorry, but unless the school is giving your class some special bonus, don't expect free scrubs.

Any other Questions, feel free to ask. There are enough current students on SDN to help you out.
Jill

Kristabel,

The dissection kit---yeah, you need that before school starts, only b/c you start dissecting day 2 of class. Nice way to welcome you to med school!! You might want to pick up some extra blades--either size 10 or 21, whichever you prefer. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry---i'm just saying that on cadavers, blades can get dull quickly. I have a box of 100 21 size blades, and I have a bunch left. I"m sure I"ll be passing them on to your class.

Ok, i think that's enough for the evening!

Jill

Ca$h MaNi said:
Waaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....(u remember the beer commercial, right?)
Shout out to all my chi-town homies n' fly girls! hahaha....Ca$h Mani here(current m1) saying congrats to all the new recruits up in here. Anyone from the midwest or chicago on this site yet? Holla back! (no, I'm really not this ghetto :laugh: ) I just wanna say that u will have a blast down here and love this place(which is why u all picked it)...but it is truly da shiznit!!! I just wanted to say what up and keep chillin like a villain sittin next to matt dillon while u can....and if there's any advice...come down early and enjoy florida...heck, u can all chill with mickey in orlando....hook it up with JAWS at universal...there's lots to do....get wild wit your badselves! Last but not least, if u ever have any questions or need any advice...or the DL on classes and tips on surviving your first year... once u get in that mood(which u shouldnt be in yet..hehe)....hit me back at anytime and Ill try to get back to u when i can. thats the best part...lots of help from upperclassmen and fellow classmates...dont ya feel the love :love: ...dang that was fruity...my bad :idea: ...anyways...peace out ya'll and CONGRATS AGAIN!! :thumbup:

$

Hey there Mani! If your up to it are you willing to answer questions about the school and area here on the board for everyone? I think that would be awesome.

I'm not from Chicago but I have some good friends there and when I interviewed at CCOM I had some sweet Gino's Pizza....that stuff is the BOMB!

kristabel said:
Hey Robz, Since you seem to be a couple steps ahead of me on this - what is the loan entrance exam?? I went to webstar and it said that I was missing the authorization form and that I was not officially admitted to the program (which is just a matter of them receiving my transcripts, I think). But it didn't say anything about the loan entrance exam... now I'm worried I'm missing something. This financial aid stuff is getting confusing. :oops:

Also, have the rest of you MSI's-to-be joined the M2008 listserve yet? People are talking about registering for classes already?!? Are we supposed to be doing that? I kind of assumed that would get covered in orientation. Anyway, thanks for answering all of my crazy questions! ;)

Yeah I am on the list serve and thats how I knew about the white coat order form that was SUPPOSE to be with our admissions packet. I dropped the check off in the mail today for my two coats. I haven't read anything today so I don't know crap about registering for anything. I'll take it as it comes.

As for financial aid? THere was like a couple of forms that they told me to fill out. One was an entrance exam for Sallie Mae who I take it was the main lender for NSUCOM. The entrance exam is here.

http://www.nova.edu/cwis/finaid/information/online.html

I have used Sallie Mae before so I am cool with them but I am not sure what to do if you don't want to use them. You also have to do a authorization form as well. The financial aid people told me that it was suppose to be faxed but I found it as an online form. Go fig. I filled it out and will follow up on it probably on Tuesday or so to make sure it is all good. It can be found here.

https://www.nova.edu/sbin/finaidforms

or a hard copy under MISC which you can fax to them at

https://www.nova.edu/sbin/finaidforms

I opted to do the online. We'll see if it works. Again I'll call on Monday. As for not ebing registered I assume that will be when all transcripts and the final 1000 fee are paid. I hope this helps you out a bit. I followed up with the health professions financial aid helpers and they told me awards will be around June/July.

DoctorInSpace said:
OK, the Scrubs---here's the deal. One of the clubs on campus sells scrubs with the NSU logo on it, which are kind of nice to have. You do not have to purchase those. YOu can if you want. They are drawstring bottoms, and otherwise just like regular scrubs. Ciel blue is that sky blue color----if you watch ER or Scrubbs, i think one of those shows wears that color. You know what Navy Blue is, and the Hunter Green is darker than grass, but not that military green. It is nice and bright, like an emerald.

You can buy any scrubs you want from whereever you want. I believe our dress code still says they are supposed to be solid colors only (no prints), but I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble for prints. Your choice if you want to risk it. I personally like Dickie brand scrubs. They are a little more expensive, but some of them are brushed cotton and softer than your average scrub set, you can buy cargo-type pants w/lots of pockets (i love that!) and i personally like the ones w/the elastic top. See, I'm short, and hate stuff on my waist, so i find the elastic top is easier to roll down to my hips.

You can wear any shirt under your scrub top, or no shirt underneath at all. You can wear sneakers w/your scrubs. You can tuck in your top, or leave it out. Scrubs are like pajamas, so I wear them almost every day, unless I have something to do that requires real clothing (simulated patient exams, for instance).

I hope that helps on the scrubs issue. I had gotten several emails from various people asking me, and when I saw the issue on here, i decided to pass on the info.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh this was helpful info. Thanks.

I still think I am going to buy 4 scrubs anyway. I really don't know how many pairs to own. I love scrubs and I'm a guy so I'll be wearing them every chance I can get. I was thinking of ordering through the forms provided so that I can get the logo but if they are cheaper elsewhere I may be temped to go there. Any options?

Robz,

I would buy some through the order form....it is a nice way to support the surgical club and the logo is pretty cool. I own 10 pairs I think. One pair was from when I volunteered for the medical examiner, so that was the pair I used during anatomy labs. They were too big anyway. It really depends on how often you do your laundry, and how much variety you want. I have all sorts of colors---black, maroon, army green, ciel blue, beige, turquoise, purple, royal blue, navy blue, and regular traditional scrub green. I like variety. If you go to any uniform store, you can see the selection. If you want to wait until you get down here, I can tell you where one of the biggest uniform stores is in the area, and they have a great selection. Everyone I send there has been satisfied (or they haven't told me otherwise). And you may find them cheaper, but $25 a pair is pretty average. And think about it---you get an entire outfit for only $25!! You can't get an outfit of regular clothing for that cheap!

DoctorInSpace said:
Robz,

I would buy some through the order form....it is a nice way to support the surgical club and the logo is pretty cool. I own 10 pairs I think. One pair was from when I volunteered for the medical examiner, so that was the pair I used during anatomy labs. They were too big anyway. It really depends on how often you do your laundry, and how much variety you want. I have all sorts of colors---black, maroon, army green, ciel blue, beige, turquoise, purple, royal blue, navy blue, and regular traditional scrub green. I like variety. If you go to any uniform store, you can see the selection. If you want to wait until you get down here, I can tell you where one of the biggest uniform stores is in the area, and they have a great selection. Everyone I send there has been satisfied (or they haven't told me otherwise). And you may find them cheaper, but $25 a pair is pretty average. And think about it---you get an entire outfit for only $25!! You can't get an outfit of regular clothing for that cheap!

10 scrubs? Wow, I really don't know how many I was expecting to own. I was thinking of ordering 4 through that form. I'm all about different colors and specs. Ooooooo. Even more outfits if I MIX them. I'll get a few and then hit the stores...hey an excuse for shopping! :) Thanks!