NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats guys. What time today did you find out and how did you find out?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i had my interview on april 23rd and I received the email around 6 as well yesterday ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the ones who got accepted from out of state or from Florida?

Congrats to those who were accepted!!! I haven't heard anything yet and I am getting anxious. This is my 4th year trying to get into med school and its been a long journey but hoping for the best!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed May 6th & from Illinois!

I applied the dental track and interviewed on may 11. I still havnt heard back, getting a bit nervous!

I applied the dental track and interviewed on may 11. I still havnt heard back, getting a bit nervous!
Ok sweet. From what I remember, there weren't many of us that interviewed, so hopefully we will hear back soon.

Has anyone on the med track been rejected/waitlisted yet? I assume they made all the acceptances for med track on friday and I have yet to hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the med track been rejected/waitlisted yet? I assume they made all the acceptances for med track on friday and I have yet to hear anything.
Still waiting for something ...anything at this point . Interviewed April 23rd.

From my experience, you will not be notified that you are rejected or waitlisted. In fact, the first year I applied I had to email them to find out that I had been waitlisted and did not get the "rejection" until late July I believe. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know what can happen :)

Also, they don't always send out all of their acceptances in one go. If you look at prior threads, people got accepted in waves kind of. It just depends on how they feel like going about it

From my experience, you will not be notified that you are rejected or waitlisted. In fact, the first year I applied I had to email them to find out that I had been waitlisted and did not get the "rejection" until late July I believe. Keep your fingers crossed, you never know what can happen :)

Also, they don't always send out all of their acceptances in one go. If you look at prior threads, people got accepted in waves kind of. It just depends on how they feel like going about it

Thank you so much for the information !

Has anyone called to find out their status ?

They said beginning of June at the interview. As Aaron Rodgers said, R-E-L-A-X. Good luck to everyone.

I just had a bad feeling that all the spots have been filled already so hopefully im wrong! need some encouragement lol

Emailed admissions and was told Decisions have been made and that I would receive a letter in the mail so I guess its bad news for me. Good luck to the rest of you

I got in on Friday as well. Looking for a fellow male mbs roommate

I'll be living with my brother, but good luck on your roommate/apartment search!

However....has anyone received a letter in the mail yet?

I also keep trying to call Marlene to make sure all my materials are in, but it keeps going to that voicemail of her coming back June 2nd. Anyone get a hold of her?

Emailed admissions and was told Decisions have been made and that I would receive a letter in the mail so I guess its bad news for me. Good luck to the rest of you
Was this for medical or dental track?

I also received an email today saying "Decisions have been made and you will receive an email within the next week with an update on the status of your application."

I also received an email today saying "Decisions have been made and you will receive an email within the next week with an update on the status of your application."
Did you e-mail them to ask, or did they just send that?

I'll be living with my brother, but good luck on your roommate/apartment search!

However....has anyone received a letter in the mail yet?

I also keep trying to call Marlene to make sure all my materials are in, but it keeps going to that voicemail of her coming back June 2nd. Anyone get a hold of her?

I did receive the letter in the mail, which included the same attachments as the acceptance email. I have not had any luck getting in touch with anyone either, they may just be very busy. I guess we should hear back at some point. If you already submitted your acceptance letter and deposit, make sure you fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already so at least that is getting processed. I believe the deadline is June 30th. I will let you know if I hear back, Good Luck with everything :)

I did receive the letter in the mail, which included the same attachments as the acceptance email. I have not had any luck getting in touch with anyone either, they may just be very busy. I guess we should hear back at some point. If you already submitted your acceptance letter and deposit, make sure you fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already so at least that is getting processed. I believe the deadline is June 30th. I will let you know if I hear back, Good Luck with everything :)
Ahh, Just saw that my letter came today as well. Didn't see it until now...opps. Yeah everything else is completed, but I emailed Marlene so I guess once she is free I will hear back from her! Thank you for your response!

Has anyone been put on the "alternate" list? For the med track

I was put as an alternate. Found out today.

I was put as an alternate. Found out today.
Do you guys know when we should expect a final decision by? For those of us put on the alternate's list? I am not sure if the accepted applicants have a deadline to submit their decision by..?

Honestly I'd say by August if anything. I'm not getting my hopes up though. I got my notice about it June 4 if anyone was curious.

Honestly I'd say by August if anything. I'm not getting my hopes up though. I got my notice about it June 4 if anyone was curious.
Do any of you know how this waiting list work though? is it like an all or none thing- either we all get in if a certain number of applicants decide not to attend or none of us do? or...

Do any of you know how this waiting list work though? is it like an all or none thing- either we all get in if a certain number of applicants decide not to attend or none of us do? or...

It isn't all or none...it's a process, and that's IF there's people who deny or there's movement. The year I got in off the waitlist, a couple alternates were taken before me in differing time periods. There isn't a pattern, at least not from my experience. Just hope for the best, but also don't put all your hopes into Nova. When I was on the alternate list I started applying to LECOM's post-bacc program, which is pretty much the same thing.

It isn't all or none...it's a process, and that's IF there's people who deny or there's movement. The year I got in off the waitlist, a couple alternates were taken before me in differing time periods. There isn't a pattern, at least not from my experience. Just hope for the best, but also don't put all your hopes into Nova. When I was on the alternate list I started applying to LECOM's post-bacc program, which is pretty much the same thing.
Ok I understand... Thanks for clarifying :) and I did not know LECOM was 100% linkage, I think they require that students obtain a certain score on the MCAT.

Rejected today via regular mail. Good luck to those accepted and also on the alternate list!

How and when did they notify you? Are they sending these to the e-mail you applied with or the NSU email?
They sent it through the email you applied with. I never got a NSU email. Not getting my hopes up but congrats everyone who got in.

does anyone knows when school starts ?

Yeah August 4th is orientation (Marleyn told me via email). Weird cause the med students have orientation on the 3rd? We should be receiving packets in the mail once their program office provides them!