NYCOM acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlin0422

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who got accepted at NYCOM, how long did you have to wait to get the acceptance letter? I was interviewed on Jan 9th, still no word yet :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

about two weeks.

the office is probably swamped from updated aacomas apps, any back up from the holidays, plus being off MLK day. don't fret :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance 5 weeks after my interview and I interviewed on Nov 30th.

One Week later acceptance arrived! I interviewed early november!

Interviewed December 5th, received acceptance 12/21

congrats to all accepted.

anyone want to share their stats if they were accepted?

Two weeks to the day.

for those who got accepted, please post your stats. thanks.

28P..3.7/3.7
No osteo physician letter.

You look like me...only I am 27P :) no letter, had interview on 17th waiting....

Interviewed 1/9, Letter dated 1/18, received today- 1/24.

29P 3.4GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like ADCOMS meet every 2 weeks on wensday...its just my guess...

LOL! I can not for the life of me figure out why the h#ll they interviewed me with a 3.2 and a 23Q. My stats are awful compared to all of yours. :eek: Weird! :laugh:

LOL! I can not for the life of me figure out why the h#ll they interviewed me with a 3.2 and a 23Q. My stats are awful compared to all of yours. :eek: Weird! :laugh:

Because you rock Dr.Mom!!!!

Interviewed 1/9, Letter dated 1/18, received today- 1/24.

29P 3.4GPA

were you in the morning or afternoon session? I was in the afternoon session, it's been 15 days, still no word, where did I go wrong??!!

hey there - sorry to be somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know the general averages of NYCOM? thanks!

hey there - sorry to be somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know the general averages of NYCOM? thanks!

i would say around 3.4-3.5/26 as a general average. keep in mind, however, that there are other parts to your app which can help you stand out.

I was interviewed on the 9th, accepted on the 18th, but i didnt get my letter until today....So don't worry stay positive!

26O, 3.4 in state, lots of extracurriculars, DO letter, Pre-med committee letter

Because you rock Dr.Mom!!!!

LMAO! I didn't know that was required to get at interview at NYCOM.:laugh:

Can whoever just IMed me about NYCOM IM me again? I would be happy to answer your questions, but my computer crashed. My a$$#*&% husband broke my laptop and I am on this horrible, antiquated desktop now.:( Sorry.

were you in the morning or afternoon session? I was in the afternoon session, it's been 15 days, still no word, where did I go wrong??!!

Maybe depends where you live...Post office lost my interview invite mail, maybe it happenned to you too? Maybe u should call them and ask if they send u a letter or something?

LMAO! I didn't know that was required to get at interview at NYCOM.:laugh:

Can whoever just IMed me about NYCOM IM me again? I would be happy to answer your questions, but my computer crashed. My a$$#*&% husband broke my laptop and I am on this horrible, antiquated desktop now.:( Sorry.

It takes a lot of determination,ambition and courage apply to med school with 4 kids. If I was on ADCOM and saw applicant like that I would offer an interview and accept you just for that :)

I interviewed exactly one week ago, and just got my acceptance letter today.

6 week wait...called and found out I was accepted.

I got accepted on the 24th, interviewed on the 11th
25N, 3.4 overall, 3.1 science (with C's in orgo 2 and physics 2)

Did she get upest that you called?, I want to but don't know if they discourage it.

Well, I called the main admission number earlier on in the day just said that the committee was still reviewing my app....which was the same thing she said a week ago. So, I decided to call the associate dean of admission. She was very nice as well, however, she told me that I was accepted and was mailing it out soon.

I don't believe this for a mintue! I hold my wife responsible for all computer crashes and computer viruses. I still love her:love:

LOL! Of course I still love him. But, I do want to smack him sometimes.:smuggrin: :laugh: :love:

Did anybody write withdrawal letters before? Any advice will be appreciated.:)

Did anybody write withdrawal letters before? Any advice will be appreciated.:)

Post-acceptance or post-interview or pre-interview? I did a few of each. The only one I did on paper and sent snail mail was the withdrawal of an acceptance. The rest I sent via email. I just thank you for their time and explained my reason for withdrawing my application. Be polite, but don't stress it too much. You don't have to kiss their a$$ anymore.;) :D

Pre-interview...Could you please PM me an example? :)

It takes a lot of determination,ambition and courage apply to med school with 4 kids. If I was on ADCOM and saw applicant like that I would offer an interview and accept you just for that :)

Thank you!:love:

I just sent you a PM regarding withdrawing applications.