Official 2014 UC Post-Bacc Consortium Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they say... no news is great news, but I don't think it applies to my UCR application. lol. haha. :hurting::hurting:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone called the UCR office? When I contacted them a month ago they said that they were tentatively looking at July 28 for the program start date. It seems odd that this would be the last week of interviews and that not one of us have heard from them. If someone is able to get in touch with someone in the UCR office can you please update the rest of us? Thanks in advance!

I talked the program director yesterday, the only information I could get was that the committee was reviewing applicants and that the program was to start at the end of July. In other words, still in limbo for any UCR hopefuls.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked the program director yesterday, the only information I could get was that the committee was reviewing applicants and that the program was to start at the end of July. In other words, still in limbo for any UCR hopefuls.

So it starts in the next five days... I think it is now safe to move on with my plan B!

Thanks for the update stephers! Did they say if they had already interviewed applicants, or were they reviewing applications in order to invite applicants for an interview?

okay, I just want my rejection letter from UCR already... i want some closure! please!!! i'm begging UCR!! please send me my rejection letter!!!!!

I don't think this is fair for our sanity. They should at least send us some kind of notification.

Reactions: 3 users
One of my post-bacc cohort members heard from UCR last week. She said they called her to offer her a position/interview. She is the only one from our cohort here at UCI that has heard anything from them, however she is also from Riverside county. From what I hear, is that UCR is very loyal to students from UCR or Riverside.

One of my post-bacc cohort members heard from UCR last week. She said they called her to offer her a position/interview. She is the only one from our cohort here at UCI that has heard anything from them, however she is also from Riverside county. From what I hear, is that UCR is very loyal to students from UCR or Riverside.

Thanks, Dr. Tortilla!

I'd like some closure as well, but the thought of receiving a rejection letter terrifies me. I feel that if they were interested they would've already reached out for an interview. With the days winding down I see the chances of receiving an interview/offer is very, very slim. :(:depressed:

I went to UCR also and I still have not heard anything. I am just assuming that I did not get in and am moving on to plan B. Better options for there anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my rejection email from UCR today! Not too surprised to be honest. Best of luck to all of you!!

Received my rejection email from UCR today! Not too surprised to be honest. Best of luck to all of you!!

I am sure there are some great plans for you. Thanks for this info.

It seems a bit too wishful thinking, but I haven't heard anything... hmmm..... should I still be hopeful? o_Oo_O haha.. it's funny coz they already started their program 2 weeks ago.

unless i'm not even worthy of that rejection letter. :nod::nod: bahaha! ... UCR should really stop playing with mi cabeza.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you ngabr for the info. Like MD_Inspired said, I'm sure there are great plans ahead. We all have different ways of getting there, and there is no set path to medical school.

I also, have not received a rejection email from UCR. I also feel a bit wishful, but woudln't they send us an email letting us know we didn't get it? I do remember calling the office and them mentioning that the program would start at the end of July. I'm really confused.

Anyone else not heard from UCR?

@PINK928 i have also been rejected from UCR. i appreciate the closure, UCR! i can finally breathe, relax, and do awesome with my Plan B.

I also just received my rejection letter from UCR. Time to move on :( I wish you all the best of luck and may we all accomplish our goal! Thanks to everybody who kept the forum informed. Good luck! :)

Does anyone know anyone who got into the ucr program? Good luck to everyone with their plans.

I don't know of anyone who got in :( I still wonder why rejection letters were sent out much after the program start date.. anyone here planning to reapply?

I don't know of anyone who got in :( I still wonder why rejection letters were sent out much after the program start date.. anyone here planning to reapply?

I will definitely be reapplying next year.

I am going to weigh my options as I approach January. I applied for a second bachelor's just in case I didn't get into the program and will be doing that for this coming year. I contacted each of the programs I applied to and asked what could be improved for a more successful application next year-I suggest everyone do the same if you are even considering on reapplying.

I also have been in contact with (realistic) target schools to see what kind of chance I stand and what can/should be done. I'm just another pre-med too, but I do think that getting in touch with realistic target schools is a good idea to see what they recommend, fully understanding that by no means does their advice guarantee admissions (even though I wish it did).

In all honesty though, I wish the best to everyone in our situations!! And maybe study for the MCAT before it changes? Again, I made sure to study for it this summer juuuust in case I didn't get into a program. I think I am a worrier.

They keep saying they're very busy and are running a little behind. I mean... I kinda don't get it. I understand instructions might not began until August, but what about MCAT prep? Interview process? o_O

I know this is an old post, but just incase anyone wants to respond, I read this…

University of California Schools of Medicine offer comprehensive postbaccalaureate programs designed to assist students from educationally and economically disadvantaged backgrounds in gaining admission to medical school. The programs seek students who are committed to practicing in underserved communities of California.

What is considered an "educationally and economically disadvantaged background?"

Probably someone who comes from a low SES and /or a CC educational background.

...aaaand another zombie thread arises.