*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE FROM NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THROUGH MAIL!!! I ONLY LIVE ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF FROM THE SCHOOL aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Congrats!! What's life like on the other side?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Man, is this going to save me some money. 7 interviews I can now forgo as I've already interviewed at my top choices!
Omg! I literally squealed when I read!!! Congrats!!

Reactions: 1 users
Omg! I literally squealed when I read!!! Congrats!!
I've been laughing like a maniac for a solid 10 minutes. I can't stop!!! Once you get your first you'll understand the sense of relief! I can't describe IT!!

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE FROM NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THROUGH MAIL!!! I ONLY LIVE ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF FROM THE SCHOOL aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Congrats!!! Just wait and see what other schools are honored to have you as a prospective student so you can make the best decision of your life! I'm confident you'll hear from other schools like UF maybe... Yay you!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! :)

Do schools typically send out acceptances through mail? And can they mail those acceptances out before December 1st?

Are self driving cars the norm in the future?

Congrats! :)

Do schools typically send out acceptances through mail? And can they mail those acceptances out before December 1st?
It appears as though Nova wanted me to receive the letter on Dec. 1st. It's dated Dec. 1st

Was it via USPS?? And a large packet??

First acceptance of the cycle! Congratulations! :D

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an acceptance from Nova today as well!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: FL resident!!

Reactions: 18 users
Nope. Regular mail and a white envelope.
My man WINNING!!! Congrats man I'm so happy for you! You got a ton more acceptances coming your way man keep your eyes peeled for them

My man WINNING!!! Congrats man I'm so happy for you! You got a ton more acceptances coming your way man keep your eyes peeled for them
Just three more days and it'll be your time man!

This is so exciting. People are receiving their acceptances already. Good for you guys. It's well deserved.

I remember reading SDN yearrsssss back when I was a college freshman and I wanted to fast forward time already so I could eagerly post about my interview experiences or acceptance(s). Fast forward 5 years later and the time is here. Crazy. In a few short days we'll be posting (hopefully good news) about the biggest moments of our lives.

Reactions: 3 users
@HookahLungs You deserve some good acceptances dude. Partly because you seem awesome, and partly because your picture makes me giggle every time I see it
Thank you and you deserve several as well! My photo is awesome, when I met @Shell_Eau he specifically pointed it out and we had a good laugh over it. Can't wait for December first though!

Accepted to Nova earlier today :) :joyful::smuggrin: I live about two hours from Nova. My envelope had three pieces of paper, congratulating me and requesting a final transcript. I'm so happy and relieved :rofl:. Dreams are coming true this week for many people!! I know it! :claps:good luck all!

Reactions: 23 users
Accepted to Nova!! PA resident

Reactions: 20 users
Accepted to NOVA! GA resident :)

Reactions: 19 users
I am truly happy for everyone that shared their acceptance to Nova. That said, I can't help but think some people getting notification of acceptance on 11-27 and the rest of us having to wait until 12-1 is BS! I wonder how the other schools feel about it.

Reactions: 4 users
I am truly happy for everyone that shared their acceptance to Nova. That said, I can't help but think some people getting notification of acceptance on 11-27 and the rest of us having to wait until 12-1 is BS! I wonder how the other schools feel about it.

I agree. I am nothing but happy for the people that got accepted but I do think it is super unprofessional of whomever makes that decision at NOVA.

I guess my question is why does that happen at all? They HAVE to know that people will be getting their letters early, which means they know they are being scummy. Its 2015, with 3 different ways of alerting students immediately and the day of, with very chance of breaking the rule, I just don't understand their logic.

End rant haha. I know I sound bitter but I don't think I would want any of my schools to 'cheat' like that. My roommate (who is also applying) agrees and decided to wait til Dec 1 to open her letter if she gets it early.

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify (without posting again) that I think nothing bad about NOVA itself. I have two friends that go there and LOVE it and it is one of my best friendss top schools. My guess is that there is one singular person that makes the decision to send out the letters early and I don't agree with them about that, but I would feel that way no matter the school.

Last edited:
I agree. I am nothing but happy for the people that got accepted but I do think it is super unprofessional of whomever makes that decision at NOVA.

I guess my question is why does that happen at all? They HAVE to know that people will be getting their letters early, which means they know they are being scummy. Its 2015, with 3 different ways of alerting students immediately and the day of, with very chance of breaking the rule, I just don't understand their logic.

End rant haha. I know I sound bitter but I don't think I would want any of my schools to 'cheat' like that. My roommate (who is also applying) agrees and decided to wait til Dec 1 to open her letter if she gets it early.
Yeah i agree completely, i'd be really annoyed if one of the schools i interviewed at did that. Especially where I live our mail is so slow i wouldn't get it until like Dec 5th haha. They should email or something...

I wouldn't worry about it, getting an acceptance at NOVA is like getting a job at McDonalds.

I wouldn't worry about it, getting an acceptance at NOVA is like getting a job at McDonalds.

That was a low blow for sure. I would be happy to get an acceptance from Nova had I applied there. I'm just saying something about the way they did things didn't seem right. If it was in fact a gentleman's agreement amongst schools, Nova looks sleazy as hell.

I would be happy to get an acceptance from Nova had I applied there.

But you didn't apply there for a reason.

I get everyone wants to act humble on here with the usual "I'd be happy to get an acceptance at any dental school!" but the fact is some dental schools are better than others, and NOVA is not a very good one. Schools like NOVA, LECOM, Meharry, and Howard are where you go if you didn't get in anywhere else.

I get everyone wants to act humble on here with the usual "I'd be happy to get an acceptance at any dental school!" but the fact is some dental schools are better than others, and NOVA is not a very good one. Schools like NOVA, LECOM, Meharry, and Howard are where you go if you didn't get in anywhere else.

GTFO

Reactions: 13 users

To be honest I really liked nova, and I did interview at Ohio state, nyu, and temple as well. And I have interviews at mwu-az, unlv, musc, and Pitt in the near future. I think it is all preference of what school each person likes, not that they are bad schools.

That was a low blow for sure. I would be happy to get an acceptance from Nova had I applied there. I'm just saying something about the way they did things didn't seem right. If it was in fact a gentleman's agreement amongst schools, Nova looks sleazy as hell.
I'd agree, but I hate that we have to wait until Dec. 1st. With quicker notice an average student applying/interviewing would probably save a grand or two.

I'm so happy for those accepted to nova already! And don't worry, everyone, PlasmaMembrane always wants some sort of a reaction from people, so don't pay attention to the nasty things he/she says on here. I'm sure the faculty and doctors at Nova who have worked so hard for their careers would be thrilled to learn that their efforts are equated to McDonalds. Oh well. Anyways, congrats you guys!!! So happy for you all. :highfive::soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
I'm so happy for those accepted to nova already! And don't worry, everyone, PlasmaMembrane always wants some sort of a reaction from people, so don't pay attention to the nasty things he/she says on here. I'm sure the faculty and doctors at Nova who have worked so hard for their careers would be thrilled to learn that their efforts are equated to McDonalds. Oh well. Anyways, congrats you guys!!! So happy for you all. :highfive::soexcited:

Ad hominem doesn't refute anything I said. Try again, this time addressing why you feel Nova is not below average in quality for a dental school. The caliber of its students (or lack thereof) speaks for itself. There's a reason competitive applicants don't even apply there.

Also, I don't think you get how analogies work.

Ok someone can make a new thread for "Is Nova sleazy or not for sending out early acceptance letters?" and I'd probably enjoy reading it but we should probably keep this one clean and nice

Reactions: 15 users
Ad hominem doesn't refute anything I said. Try again, this time addressing why you feel Nova is not below average in quality for a dental school. The caliber of its students (or lack thereof) speaks for itself. There's a reason competitive applicants don't even apply there.

How is this for an analogy? Your personality is as bad as milk that has gone bad. Sour ;)

Also, I'm competitive and I applied there. Does that suit your "try again" needs?

Anyways, I'm out. Take your disrespect for Nova or any other school out of here and to another thread. All of us here are very grateful. Good luck on Tuesday everyone! Much love! :)

Reactions: 13 users
How is this for an analogy? Your personality is as bad as milk that has gone bad. Sour ;)

Also, I'm competitive and I applied there. Does that suit your "try again" needs?

Anyways, I'm out. Take your disrespect for Nova or any other school out of here and to another thread. All of us here are very grateful. Good luck on Tuesday everyone! Much love! :)

The only remotely competitive school you interviewed at was UNC, so I'm not sure where you got the impression you are a competitive applicant.

I encourage you to find more civil ways to disagree with people in the future.

Accepted to Nova earlier today :) :joyful::smuggrin: I live about two hours from Nova. My envelope had three pieces of paper, congratulating me and requesting a final transcript. I'm so happy and relieved :rofl:. Dreams are coming true this week for many people!! I know it! :claps:good luck all!
Congrats!!!! Let the games begin!!!!:clap:

Hey you guys! Just wanted to congratulate you all who have been accepted! If it's not too much to ask, I was wondering if it would be possible for y'all to post your GPAs and DAT scores once you've received your acceptance letters so I can see if I stand a chance! Thank you and have a nice day!

Damn th

Damn, this thread escalated quickly. Not that I agree nor disagree with you plasmamembrane. Just a bystander here.

Just another day on SDN

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted to Nova!! PA resident

Accepted to NOVA! GA resident :)

Accepted to nova!!!!!

Congrats!!!!

I agree with other that we should keep it cordial. If one doesn't like a school, it is fine but let's not ruin it for those who are thrilled that they will be able to accomplish their life goal to be a dentist. We've all worked very hard to reach to this moment. It's not very nice to just blow someone else's balloon cause that school wasn't in your list of preferred schools.

I think we should all reserve our opinions about a school and just be happy for those who are getting their acceptances. Regardless if it's a few days earlier. Maybe they figured that with the holidays and all, USPS will be late. Maybe they still live in the 20th century and forgot there's email. Who cares! Acceptances are rolling and let's just pay attention to all means of communication and be happy for those getting the acceptances!!! :highfive:

Reactions: 18 users