Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's alright. I know they favor low gpa/high MCAT and I'm the opposite so it wasn't too surprising!

Still in the running for a lot of schools in very excited about :)

Did you already interview at WV? I'm pretty sure I remember you posting at their thread

Members don't see this ad.

yayy! im interviewing there 12/10! Best of luck!!!! Yeah, that's what I saw as well..

Members don't see this ad :)
That's alright. I know they favor low gpa/high MCAT and I'm the opposite so it wasn't too surprising!

Still in the running for a lot of schools in very excited about :)

I got rejected just now too :( Hurts a lot since I thought they might like my high MCAT.

I got rejected just now too :( Hurts a lot since I thought they might like my high MCAT.

How many DO schools did you apply to? I think applying to more right now would be a good idea unless you are absolutely gunning for that MD. I'm hurting on the MD cycle pretty bad too. Just 2 MD IIs (one of those MD II's dont really count because that particular school only accepts like 20 students!) and no MD acceptances and tons of rejections. The other MD school only accepts like 4-5 students per month... lol. So these arent even typical MD interviews that I have gotten thus far.

I know going DO hurts you for matching, but its still better than not being a doctor by a long shot.

Of course, this is coming from someone who has totally given up on the MD cycle for this year. Just my 2 cents

just came the hofstra rejection
4 rejections (3 of which were reaches, i admit, but still was hoping for a chance)
2 pre-interview holds
0 II
very, very, very worried and sinking into a hole of self-doubt and worry

Lets all update our status:

16 left. 12 total rej including pre secondary. 0 II

I got the axe too..really stinks..Long Islander..but seeing some people rejected with a 521 MCAT makes me feel a bit better..really its not Harvard.

Reactions: 2 users
Lets all update our status:

16 left. 12 total rej including pre secondary. 0 II

Ok I'll UPDATE
9 Rejections pre II
1 MD II
20 left of which 4 are true reaches.
Getting very worried and stressed.
Praying for us all!!!!

Sorry to see so many familiar faces in the Hofstra slaughter-fest. It oddly felt strangely nice to hear something, even if it was a resounding "No thanks" after so many weeks (months?) of silence.

Now for an II please? Anywhere, really, would suffice. I'm not picky.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hofstra axed me too. So a month after my BU rejection, I finally hear more news. Thanks for that, I suppose.

5 rejections pre II
0 II
25+ silences

Hofstra hasn't rejected me yet. I've been staring at my mailbox for the last 20 minutes...

27 schools left to hear back from, but I was complete a bit later then most people on this thread so I think I'm okay so far. I was in panic mode a couple weeks ago, but then I realized that panicking won't make things move faster. I'll feel worse about myself but it won't actually help my chances at schools. I'm in a relaxed state right now and I'll be patient. I'll just be ready for the first school that gives me a chance, and I'll jump on that opportunity the best I can :)

Update:
4 pre-interview rejections (almost all of my reach schools, but I still have 3 more I have hope for!)
1 II (WVU)
1 hold (GW)
18 opportunities :)

Reactions: 1 users
Update:
4 pre-interview rejections (almost all of my reach schools, but I still have 3 more I have hope for!)
1 II (WVU)
1 hold (GW)
18 opportunities :)
Thank you for adding the names of the schools haha
Good luck on WVU!!

9 pre-II rejections (thanks a lot Hofstra), 1 pre-II hold. Rooting for everyone :)

Reactions: 1 users
4 rejections, including 2 IS schools
2 IIs (Attended 1, other is supper late January so not sure about my actual chances here)
13 silence (some of these are realistically silent rejections)
LizzyM is like a 74/75? Complete early august
It's getting hard not to believe that something is seriously wrong with my app :(

Should we start drafting those letters of interest? I know some don't recommend it...but we really don't have much to lose at this point haha (laughing but mostly crying)

edit: never been so desperate before in my entire life

Reactions: 3 users
II's were given out at Einstein just now..people complete mid- Oct..think I was passed over..this is a bad day..

II's were given out at Einstein just now..people complete mid- Oct..think I was passed over..this is a bad day..

complete or submitted secondary mid oct? I just know it took them two months to send me my complete email....

I don't even remember when I was complete here. I submitted in August but got an email like late October I think?

Every time I see people posting IIs in the threads of schools I applied to, I get excited and check my email too. But it feels so crushing when there's nothing lol

Reactions: 4 users
Are most people finding that they are being rejected from their reach schools, or is it a mix of reach and target schools?

Are most people finding that they are being rejected from their reach schools, or is it a mix of reach and target schools?

Mine have all been reaches so far. And silence from all my target and in state schools.

I didnt have any "reach" schools pretty much. I knew that I didnt have the 36+ MCAT you need nowadays so I applied to all the lowest stat non mission based schools.

Rough day for me, rejection from Hofstra and hold from Albany :|

Rough day for me, rejection from Hofstra and hold from Albany :|

But your stats! I was for sure that you would have multiple interview invites at this point with your very high caliber academic profile.

What a crapshoot.

Every time I see people posting IIs in the threads of schools I applied to, I get excited and check my email too. But it feels so crushing when there's nothing lol

Not only that. But people posting acceptances, and I have yet to get an II from those schools.

Reactions: 5 users
2 II's (of which I am very grateful for and one which I had today)
6 rejections (2 pre-secondary from home state/and it was not encouraging to see my Hofstra rejection after today's interview)
22 left to hear back from (which I hope that means there's still a chance)
:(

Maybe many of these schools are trying to get decisions out Pre Thanksgiving break. My break started today.

Wow news from all schools and here I am with nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
And another rejection just as I posted that video! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy. Hit me another one!

Last edited: