Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you see the preview? I actually went to check Frank Underwood's website out lol
You aren't going to get rejected - STOP!!!!
Ha! I just checked out the website. It's phenomenal. I'd take Underwood over Donald Trump, frankly.
If I get rejected from UIC I'm gonna pull a Bartlet in Two Cathedrals on them.

Side note: if anyone wants to see the most epic rant in television history and doesn't mind spoilers, go to youtube and look up "Bartlet Two Cathedrals"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
while I agree on age being nothing, a lot of us are older and have gone through hell (aka me) along the way and yes these experiences have made me 1000X stronger, but I am at the point where I just want to be in already, but I am also 28, so for all you youngins, STOP WORRYING! I promise you you'll make it!!!!!!!!!!! the fact you guys even got interviews and I haven't shows how incredible you are, so if you have to wait one year after graduating from undergrad, it doesn't mean anything - you're fantastic regardless!
Thanks for the encouragement chocolate!! I'm not worried about reapplying, or having to wait a year cause I am still in undergrad, I just loved this school so much. Even if I don't get in, I can always apply there again next year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the encouragement chocolate!! I'm not worried about reapplying, or having to wait a year cause I am still in undergrad, I just loved this school so much. Even if I don't get in, I can always apply there again next year!
exactly! and if you don't get in this year, you will next year. watch!

If they haven't rejected you it's a good sign!! They've rejected a lot of people already
they sent me their secondary pretty late though so I was complete late - maybe they haven't gotten to me yet... I don't know!

Ha! I just checked out the website. It's phenomenal. I'd take Underwood over Donald Trump, frankly.
If I get rejected from UIC I'm gonna pull a Bartlet in Two Cathedrals on them.

Side note: if anyone wants to see the most epic rant in television history and doesn't mind spoilers, go to youtube and look up "Bartlet Two Cathedrals"

the amount of words I have for Trump are out of control and before we start politics in here, I completely agree with you on Underwood over Trump!

YOU ARENT GOING TO GET REJECTED! We, people you barely know, are rooting for you more than you can imagine. Heck I am rooting more for you guys than people I know in real life, because you all are honest and through internet forums and even private messages, I've gotten to know you and you ALL are awesome, no matter your age, your color, your nationality, etc, YOU ALL are wicked awesome and going to be GREAt docs!

Reactions: 1 users
the amount of words I have for Trump are out of control and before we start politics in here, I completely agree with you on Underwood over Trump!

YOU ARENT GOING TO GET REJECTED! We, people you barely know, are rooting for you more than you can imagine. Heck I am rooting more for you guys than people I know in real life, because you all are honest and through internet forums and even private messages, I've gotten to know you and you ALL are awesome, no matter your age, your color, your nationality, etc, YOU ALL are wicked awesome and going to be GREAt docs!
Gratias tibi ago, domine. Haec credam a deo pio? A deo iusto, a deo scito? Cruciatus in crucem. Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui. Officium perfeci. Cruciatus in crucem. Eas in crucem!

At this rate we will make 3000 posts before you know it...LOL.

Gratias tibi ago, domine. Haec credam a deo pio? A deo iusto, a deo scito? Cruciatus in crucem. Tuus in terra servus, nuntius fui. Officium perfeci. Cruciatus in crucem. Eas in crucem!

Insanus es (forgive me if I misspoke, it's been a while since I've taken latin!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg that's amazing!!! Congrats! Where to? Did you do an SMP?

MUSC I would strongly suggest applying there, they are very helpful in how to better prepare in the following cycles and Charleston is absolutely beautiful

I put Post Bacc, but in reality I did a master's in vascular biology, hit the NIH IRTA program, then got into clinical research and pumped out a few papers. Took me a long time to make for a couple bad semester's in undergrad; My MCAT was average at 32.

If I could go back I would've looked much more into an SMP, that being said it puts you in a do or die situation

Interview invite for hogwarts so obviously I'm super pumped

Reactions: 8 users
I'm in the same boat so far.. i had 5 last time i applied, 3 waitlists, but none this year yet after getting a consecutive masters :(.. not giving up tho, im thinking it may have been performance on the new mcat.. staying patient.. staying determined.. hang in there guys..

I'm in the same boat so far.. i had 5 last time i applied, 3 waitlists, but none this year yet after getting a consecutive masters :(.. not giving up tho, im thinking it may have been performance on the new mcat.. staying patient.. staying determined.. hang in there guys..
How many times did you take the MCAT?

Didn't match at my one good prospect in TX. So, guess I belong in this thread now. :(

Interview invite for hogwarts so obviously I'm super pumped
Not to be a debbie downer, but if you only get into Hufflepuff you will have a hard time matching into anything competitive.

Reactions: 13 users
II just now...its not over guys!!!

Reactions: 38 users
Hopefully my TCMC II went to someone specifically in this thread and no one else ;). Any other IIs I get will certainly come to you guys! I hope other people follow my example if they are not interested in attending more interviews!

Reactions: 3 users
Same.

Hopefully my TCMC II went to someone specifically in this thread and no one else ;). Any other IIs I get will certainly come to you guys! I hope other people follow my example if they are not interested in attending more interviews!

Rejected from Einstein. Looks like it's all over D;

I'm sorry :( Was that the last school you were waiting to hear back from?

There's still 9 more I'm waiting on, but it's so late in the cycle I can't possibly be getting a II.

I feel you on that one. At one school, I was absolutely castigated by one of my interviewers because I have been published in research. "If you're so devoted to research, how am I supposed to believe you want to do medicine?" Bear in mind that the only mention of my research was in the activities section of AMCAS--I did not say one peep about it in my personal statement or any of my secondaries. I thought it was a good thing!
Wow! The great thing about being involved in research as a physician is that you are more aware of the new literature and findings and can generally understand them better. I am pretty sure my research background is what got my my one interview and acceptance. My faculty interviewer was a physician scientist and it seemed he was trying to sell me the school by telling me how great it was for research and how supportive they were of physicians who have research labs.

Pre interview. So far banana has 4 II's, bugs bunny has 3 II's and I'm still at 2. ;-;
Bunny had 3 II's for the cycle out of about 30 schools..but got a BIG post interview rejection at a state school..but I am thankful. I just want one acceptance. I am rooting for all of you guys!!!

Hey guys.. just posting in.. I'm a sad panda at the moment.. last time i applied i had 5 interviews, 3 waitlists.. waited a year, did another smp ( already have an ms in pharm, 3.76 science gpa in med school courses with close to 70 credits) but heres the kicker.... i did poorly on the new mcat. I have a couple consecutive 31's on the old mcat, and should have not taken it and realized i was not ready. Well, i'm praying they will emphasize more on my graduate coursework and my lors... if not, I'm gonna grind my butt off studying mcat this summer after i finish my thesis.. I'm a professional pre-med.. lol.. I still have 9 schools I'm waiting to hear back from, but cycle is winding down.. Thank the good Lord for this forum, it's a great network support group going through a tough process. Hang in there guys.

Hey guys.. just posting in.. I'm a sad panda at the moment.. last time i applied i had 5 interviews, 3 waitlists.. waited a year, did another smp ( already have an ms in pharm, 3.76 science gpa in med school courses with close to 70 credits) but heres the kicker.... i did poorly on the new mcat. I have a couple consecutive 31's on the old mcat, and should have not taken it and realized i was not ready. Well, i'm praying they will emphasize more on my graduate coursework and my lors... if not, I'm gonna grind my butt off studying mcat this summer after i finish my thesis.. I'm a professional pre-med.. lol.. I still have 9 schools I'm waiting to hear back from, but cycle is winding down.. Thank the good Lord for this forum, it's a great network support group going through a tough process. Hang in there guys.
Wait...you got several 31s on the old MCAT and took the new MCAT?

Yeah, i didn't realize i was burned out and not prepared to take the new one.. program director recommended me that i didn't have to take the new one, but i kinda wanted to reap the benefits of the program ( most people blast mcat after doing the smp, its really rigorous and intense ), but didn't realize i was burnt out and unready. I take full ownership of why my cycle isn't going well, i just hope one adcom will put more weight on my coursework and that i will succeed in the preclinical coursework.. fingers crossed #brutalprocess

Yeah, i didn't realize i was burned out and not prepared to take the new one.. program director recommended me that i didn't have to take the new one, but i kinda wanted to reap the benefits of the program ( most people blast mcat after doing the smp, its really rigorous and intense ), but didn't realize i was burnt out and unready. I take full ownership of why my cycle isn't going well, i just hope one adcom will put more weight on my coursework and that i will succeed in the preclinical coursework.. fingers crossed #brutalprocess
You deserve credit for talking about this.

Reactions: 10 users
I understand; it's good that you've identified the main issue, though!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, gyngyn. Sometimes, it takes a while to get what we want and get settled.. all i can do is do my best and work hard.. if there is a will theres a way. You made my day gyngyn

"2015 AAMC "Traffic Rules" for Students Accepted to Medical Schools (MD)
Published: Jan. 26, 2015
Starting in February, for all students they have accepted, med schools can see where else they have been accepted via the Multiple Acceptance Report. In April of the application year all medical schools can see a list of all applicants with a current Acceptance or Matriculated action via the National Acceptance Report. They can never see rejections or alternate lists or no actions for other schools."

so in April if you are waitlisted at School B, they can see you have been accepted at School A(etc). They can also see that you have no acceptances. That may factor into whether to offer you a spot or not.

anyone have any idea on whether this can result in more II in February?

Reactions: 1 users
New plan: I fake my death and have my parents convince a medical school to give me an honorary acceptance because it was my life's dream. Then I miraculously rise from the grave and graciously accept their offer of admission.

Reactions: 18 users